“Great Staff despite hotel issues”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Staff despite hotel issues”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The staff here is second to none. The moment i entered with my family they were asking what they could do to make our trip more pleasant. They printed off directions, as well as recommended things to do and places to eat. Kudos to the young man and woman i interacted with. On Sunday the hotel was having water issues to the point where we all had to take luke-warm showers. Wasnt happy with that, so at check out i brought up the problem and the same two desk agents were there. They both were empathetic and offered me a 10% discount. I normally would have taken the offer but since the service was so pleasant, i declined.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
LadybytheLake,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel here in St. Charles. I'm pleased to here that you were happy with our hotel staff! We take great pride in tending to our guests! I apologize for the hotel issues. On very busy weekends, thats when we're vulnerable for problems. I hope you the issues won't keep you from returning to our wonderful property! We look forward to giving you the best possible experience!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Byron, WI
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Normally I travel 3 to 4 days a week on business, so I stay at many different Marriot locations throughout the year. I had reserved 3 rooms for our family on Sunday May 26th just prior to Memorial Day, to attend a graduation. In all my stays at any Marriott's or any other hotel chains, my family and I have never been treated more like family and the staff was so accommodating. It was a pleasure and extremely relaxing to stay at this location. I can not say enough GREAT things about the Fairfield Inn in St Charles and their staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Rick M,

Wow what a great review. Thank you so much for sharing your comment as well as visiting our hotel. It was such a pleasure having you and your family for Memorial Day weekend for such a special occasion.

Your review definitely means a lot to us. We know you travel several days a week and have a choice among many hotels in town. We are so happy to see that your experience with us was a great one.

Thank you again. We hope to have you visit the Fairfield Inn & Suite St. Charles family again in the future.

Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Currently on 2nd night of 3 night stay and at midnight heating/cooling system makes a series of noisy clicks and can't sleep and also refrigerator quits working! No rooms to switch to. Then the guy I talked to said will have to wait until morning and had the "oh well" attitude. Finally I just turned of the heating/cooling system and very stuffy. Will be calling corporate, and will expect soe compensation!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Lovetotravel1969,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointments you experienced with the air conditioning unit and the refrigerator in your room. This clearly does not meet our quality standards.

I am also sorry you were dissatisfied with the staff member on duty and felt he failed to provide you with the service you desired. It is our intention to exceed our guest’s expectations and clearly we were not successful.

I welcome you to contact me personally or our General Manager Alison Papini at 630-845-5500 in order that we may discuss your experience in more detail.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Regards,
Kimberly Nickels
Assistant General Manager
Machesney Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My family was staying at the Fairfield for our daughter's wedding. Many were from out of town and needed to get into the rooms as as soon as possible to change into tuxedos and formal dresses. The management bent over backwards to get us in early and take care of our needs. They were absolutely awesome the next morning when we used the meeting room to open wedding gifts. Thanks so much for making a stressful and fast paced weekend a joy for us. From our family you all get five gold stars!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Phil R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review on our hotel and staff. Weddings are definitely a special occasion and I am glad to see that our team provided everyone with the support they needed for the event.

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your family's memories!

Danvers, Illinois
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Just a few blocks from the Kane Co market. We found lots of great shoping near by. You are also near a lot of great places to eat. This is a safe high class town and this hotel is in the best part of town. We will stay here next year too. Keep up the good work St. Charles.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timothy G
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear Timothy G,

Thank you for the great review. You described St. Charles perfectly with its great shopping near by and lots of choices of restaurants.

We are so glad your experience was enjoyable. We look forward to having you again next year!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed two nights and were left with one strong impression: only nice people work here! Our room itself looked like it was aging a bit, but the staff at the front desk, and the people who cleaned our room and ran breakfast, were all incredibly friendly and accommodating. This is the first time I've ever written a review of a hotel, and it's all because of the people who work there. Thanks for a good experience!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear FoxFamilyQuincy,

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel. We thoroughly enjoy our staff that we have here at our hotel. Every employee from the front desk to housekeeping does a great job! I hope we get to see you return in the near future! I'm glad to see that we are the first hotel review you've ever done! You did a great job!

Justin
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn many times and continue to appreciate their friendly helpful staff. From the check-in counter staff to the breakfast bar attendants, my stay is enhanced by their service and great attitudes. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2013
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience with the tripadvisor world! We are very happy to hear you're praise of our property. Our job is to make sure our guests have a wonderful experience, and it means a lot when our guest applaud our service! We welcome you to come back to our hotel in the future!

Justin
#2 of 2 in Geneva
Hotel Baker
Hotel Baker
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!