“Convenient, clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean. Nothing extraordinary about my stay or the hotel. I would recommend this property. Nothing bad to report just not as nice as many of the other Marriott properties where I have stayed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear JP4808,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your hotel experience. I am glad to see that our staff was friendly and that overall you were satisfied with your visit with us. We hope that if you stay with us again, we look forward to the opportunity to make your time with us above and beyond your expectations.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I started by accidentally deleting my reservation for the hotel. By the time I discovered it an hour later, the room had been re-booked and the hotel was sold out. The end of the long story is that Allison from the hotel kept track of the rooms and called me when one became available. Never have I had this kind of service from any level of hotel! So with that start, it couldn't possibly continue that well but it did. The most wonderful people are chosen to work at that hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. The hotel was clean and very quiet. The woman who was working in the breakfast area was right on top of everything so it was always clean and well stocked even though it was really busy in there. I do tend to love Fairfield Inns and this one was no exception but the staff of this location made it even better than I expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Dear bonb1545,

Thank you so much for the great review. I am happy to see that you had a great experience with our hotel. Alison is definitely at great asset to our hotel. She values each of our guests and works extremely hard to accommodate requests and needs. So glad that she was able to help find a room at our hotel for your visit to town.

Maria our breakfast hostess is great too. It is amazing how she can keep items stocked, area cleaned and take great care of each of our guests during a busy breakfast morning.

Thank you for recognizing our team for their service. We hope to have you again in future.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business -
1. The first night I called for a wake up call twice. The phone continued to ring without answer...It wasn't automated and after about 20 rings each time, I hung up.
2. The next morning, no hot water for the shower. Ugh
3. The second morning showers in surrounding rooms started at 5 a.m. It was so loud it woke me up--no need for a wake up call.

The employees are warm, friendly an apologetic. Next time, I will see what other options I have in the area. A co-worker who has stayed there before assured me that that it was not normally like this, but....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MITraveler_13
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear MITravler_13,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with a review. I am sadden to see of the issues you experience at the hotel. With regards to your phone, I wonder if the phone was not working correctly to connect to our front office team, who are the ones that set wake-up calls.

With regards to the noisy morning you had at the hotel. We don't typically have guests note hearing other guests showering or plumbing noises. Regardless, please accept our apologies.

Finally, we deeply apologize for the the lack of hot water for your morning shower. We experienced a hotel boiler technical problem during your visit which caused the issue.

Again we are sorry to hear of the problems that occurred at the hotel. I am happy to see that despite these short comings, our associates were empathetic and caring. I welcome you to reach out to me or Alison, our GM at 630-845-5500 to discuss these issues in further.

Thank you again for your review.
Kindly,
Kimberly

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We have stayed here many times. Each time the desk staff was very friendly and ready to help with special requests. The room was very clean and even had my favorite....a coffee pot.The breakfast was plentiful well presented including a fresh fruit salad and the most friendly kitchen staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Kathy,

I'd like to thank you for the review on our hotel! We are very pleased with our team here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites St. Charles and we're glad that they gave you a great experience!
We also pride ourselves on our housekeeping staff. They do a great job at keeping the hotel nice and clean!

We hope to see you back at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in St. Charles soon!

Justin

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The staff here is second to none. The moment i entered with my family they were asking what they could do to make our trip more pleasant. They printed off directions, as well as recommended things to do and places to eat. Kudos to the young man and woman i interacted with. On Sunday the hotel was having water issues to the point where we all had to take luke-warm showers. Wasnt happy with that, so at check out i brought up the problem and the same two desk agents were there. They both were empathetic and offered me a 10% discount. I normally would have taken the offer but since the service was so pleasant, i declined.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

LadybytheLake,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel here in St. Charles. I'm pleased to here that you were happy with our hotel staff! We take great pride in tending to our guests! I apologize for the hotel issues. On very busy weekends, thats when we're vulnerable for problems. I hope you the issues won't keep you from returning to our wonderful property! We look forward to giving you the best possible experience!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Normally I travel 3 to 4 days a week on business, so I stay at many different Marriot locations throughout the year. I had reserved 3 rooms for our family on Sunday May 26th just prior to Memorial Day, to attend a graduation. In all my stays at any Marriott's or any other hotel chains, my family and I have never been treated more like family and the staff was so accommodating. It was a pleasure and extremely relaxing to stay at this location. I can not say enough GREAT things about the Fairfield Inn in St Charles and their staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Rick M,

Wow what a great review. Thank you so much for sharing your comment as well as visiting our hotel. It was such a pleasure having you and your family for Memorial Day weekend for such a special occasion.

Your review definitely means a lot to us. We know you travel several days a week and have a choice among many hotels in town. We are so happy to see that your experience with us was a great one.

Thank you again. We hope to have you visit the Fairfield Inn & Suite St. Charles family again in the future.

Kindly,
Kimberly

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Currently on 2nd night of 3 night stay and at midnight heating/cooling system makes a series of noisy clicks and can't sleep and also refrigerator quits working! No rooms to switch to. Then the guy I talked to said will have to wait until morning and had the "oh well" attitude. Finally I just turned of the heating/cooling system and very stuffy. Will be calling corporate, and will expect soe compensation!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
gsmffi, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Lovetotravel1969,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointments you experienced with the air conditioning unit and the refrigerator in your room. This clearly does not meet our quality standards.

I am also sorry you were dissatisfied with the staff member on duty and felt he failed to provide you with the service you desired. It is our intention to exceed our guest’s expectations and clearly we were not successful.

I welcome you to contact me personally or our General Manager Alison Papini at 630-845-5500 in order that we may discuss your experience in more detail.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Regards,

Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West - St Charles

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!