“Perfect Stay, GREAT Hotel!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, United States
“Perfect Stay, GREAT Hotel!!!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The staff was one of the best I've met during all of my business travels. Housekeeping, Front Desk, Restaurant......ALL were exceptional, ALL were very helpful. When going back to the Chicago area, this is where I'll be staying

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ripon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have family in the area and finding the "right" hotel can be hard. I think I've found it. We checked in on a Sunday and we were immediately upgraded. I initially chose the Hilton because its AAA rate was at least $30 below anything in its range, which in St Charles, is the upper range. I live in the Appleton, WI, area and the two Hiltons Garden Inns are very comparable. That shows overall quality to me. No complaints. I did have to get extra towels but that was to be expected. Good job!

Room Tip: Just ask the desk. The people there are very helpful.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
St. Charles, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The Garden was a wonderful place to stay on our "girls' vacation". The lobby is inviting and bright, with oatmeal bars and infused ice water. The hotel is beautiful, and kept up very nicely. Staff is very pleasant. Several have been there for many years, so it is nice to see familiar faces. Breakfasts are awesome with made-to-order selections and friendly conversations. The work-out center and pool area are very nice, not huge, but clean and inviting. We also enjoyed the business center where we were able to work on the computers and make needed copies free of charge. The one complaint we had was the noise! Every night, all night long it sounded like the room above us was going to come crashing through our ceiling. Conversations from every guest walking by in the hallway were annoying as we were trying to sleep. Improvements definitely need to be made to reduce the noise. Beds were very comfortable, but the noise prevented us from getting a good night's sleep every night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Connie A
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Made an online reservation for this property back in January. When my friend and I arrived (at 5 p.m.), it took a really long time for the clerk find our reservation. Finally found it and then handed us the keys. I had requested a room with 2 double beds on a lower level floor. Again, I made the reservation 7 months in advance. We were told there were no rooms left on either the first or second floor so we got the third floor (the HIGHEST floor they have). None too pleased about that. Then, when we unlocked the door to our room, we found we had one queen size bed and a rollaway. Thinking it must be some sort of mistake, we went back down to the desk and informed them they had given us the wrong room. They tell us that that particular room is the only one they have since they have three wedding parties and a scrapbooking group (which we were a part of) taking up all the remaining rooms. When I explained that two grown women with back and neck problems can't use a rollaway, the manager told us that it's a twin bed and really comfortable. We told her "We don't care; we booked a room 7 months ago and stipulated that we needed two double or two queen beds" At this point she tells me that when you book, that's only a request and they can't guarantee that. Are you kidding me? What if I had just stipulated that I needed a bed, just a bed? Would they not be able to guarantee that either? Absurd. I'm a Hilton Honors Member (Silver Status) and always stay at their properties. Apparently a one-time wedding guest is more important than their loyal clientele. The manager proceeded to give me one excuse after another about how they do room blocks. I didn't care; not my problem. If I had booked the room a day or two before, I can understand. Last minute, you take what you can get. But booking almost a year in advance? We asked them to book us into another property and they obliged with that so we drove over to Naperville and stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn over there were we were able to get two actual beds...

1 Thank JanesAddiction
Kennesaw, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

When traveling to West Chicago, the Hilton Garden Inn is my hotel of choice. Over the years that I've traveled to this distination, I have stayed at other hotels that varied in quality of stay. I would say that the Hilton Garden Inn is among the best. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are cleam - - not to mention a comfortable bed. If I had to search for an area of improvement, I would say that the lighting could be improved and they could offer hot tea in the room .

Palatine, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel was so clean, and so wonderful to stay at. The room was amazing. It smelled SO GOOD in there. I wish I could recreate the smell at my own home. The bed was nice and comfy. I had a room where I could walk straight out to the courtyard/patio area. It was beautiful. I've stayed at a lot of hotels (who hasn't), and this by far was my favorite hotel I've ever stayed at. Ever. The staff were all friendly, and the front desk was incredibly kind and accommodating. I've never been to a place where the people all seem to enjoy working there. You MUST stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Harvey, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent....Excellent...Excellent ... We loved the corner Fire Place and very spacious room as well as large bath with shower built for two!! This hotel is only minutes from every known shopping mall and theaters. There is a golf course right across the street. St Charles is one of the most beautiful cities in the north west region of Illinois. Plenty of restaurants to chose from if you chose not to dine in the hotel. The staff was second to none.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles? Share your experiences!