“Disgusting stain on the couch, mildew in the bathroom, fire your housekeeping!”

Pheasant Run Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Upon checking in I found a big crusty stain on the armchair. I immediately called the front desk to ask them to bring me a new chair. They promised to send housekeeping right away. They never showed up. I figured maybe they would clean it or replace it when they cleaned the room after the first day. Nope. So I called again. They promised to fix it again. They didn't. There was also mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom and several sticky and/or crusty spots on the carpet throughout the room. I found someone else's stuff that housekeeping apparently didn't see. I think those people are cleaning with their eyes closed. Anyway, I would definitely not go back.

2  Thank alwayssummer82

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My stay was for pleasure and I had a pleasant experience. My only wish is that there would be a breakfast available on Sunday morning other than the brunch.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is a pleasant family oriented resort hotel with something for everyone. Our stay was most enjoyable and the staff was very "user friendly" . Looking forward to returning soon

p.s. be sure and try the Steak Tartare >>>Best ever

Room Tip: The tower has newer rooms with views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2012

As A Former Cruise Director For A Top-Rated "Conde Nast" Cruise Line
I'm Very Aware of Guest Services & The Hospitality Industry -
I Write This From That Perspective.

I Stayed At Pheasant Run Resort With My 3 Young Children Back In The 1980s
When It Was Quite A Bit Smaller Than It Now Is.

It's Now Become A Mega Convention Center Complex With 3-Indoor & Outdoor Swimming Pools, Golf Course(s),A Number of Restaurants, A Lounge, A Gift Shop, A Theatre, & A Comedy Club - It Now Shows Some Wear From The Large Numbers
That Attend Their Conferences There.

This Month I Stayed There Again, This Time With My Partner.
We Booked Their "Room, Theatre, Breakfast Package".
Our Check-In Was Smooth, Pleasant & Efficient
(Thanks Nicole - & For The Complimentary Upgrade
To A 9th Floor Tower Room Overlooking The 2-18-Hole Golf Courses).
The Room Was Nice, But Not Exceptional (Like The View Was! : ).

But, Our Coffee Maker Didn't Work
(& It Took A Good 5-Minutes To Get The Non-English Speaking Housekeeper
To Understand The Concern).
The Comode Was Broken, Wobbling When Sat Upon,
& For Seniors, There Were No Hand Holds In The Shower.

The Leather-Bound Guest Handbook In The Room Explained
The PR Complimentary Shuttle Service (Under "Shuttle"/"Transportation" On Page 23)
So I Phoned The Front Desk To Arrange For That Service To/From A Local Restaurant
(Note: We Are Seniors & Are Uncomfortable Driving In The Congested Traffic That Main Street St. Charles Is Now Synonymous With, Especially During Crowded "Riverfest" While We Were There.)

At First The Bell Captain, Front Desk, & Manager (Mike) Told Us That It Was Not Available To Us (Didn't Seem To Know That The Handbook Offered It, Then They Offered Other Excuses (ie. They Needed To Service OTHER Incoming Guests, & They Couldn't Circumnavigate The Main Street Traffic Via Back Roads - I Offered A Map of Other Routes Provided By Another Local Business, & They Didn't Know Where The Locally Prominent "Taste of Himalayas Restaurant" Was Located (Behind The Close-By Landmark "Baker Hotel"), .

After A Talk With Mgr. Mike (Including My Senior Contributor Status On "Trip Advisor"),
He Acquiesed - But On Our Return Pick-Up The Shuttle Driver Drove By Our Restaurant
3-Times Before We Could Flag Him Down.

In Another Instance, The Front Desk Relayed That There Was No Need To Check Out At The Front Desk, That They'd Slide Our Invoice Under Our Room's Door, As Is Usual, The Night Before Our Departure. The Invoice Never Arrived - & I Didn't Receive Any Confirmation of Our PR Costs Until I Got Home - Billed On My Online Credit Card Account.

We Enjoyed The 3-Star Live 7-Person "Tribute To Rodgers & Hammerstein" Musical Review In Their Intimate, Attractive, & Comfortable 300-Stadium Seat Main Stage Theatre & The Breakfast Buffet (With Omelet Station, Tasty Fresh Fruit, My Requested Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, Coffee, & The Usual Bacon, Sausage Links, Potatoes, & Pastries,)
In Their Pleasant Atrium.

In Closing, Our Pheasant Run Experience Was Good -
But It Could Have Been "Excellent"
If Their Guest Services Were More Refined.

A Reminder To All: "You Are Always ON-STAGE,
& Compared Literally To EVERYONE & EVERYTHING Else".

A Good Seminar On Guest Relations Is Recommended For Your Staff -
From The Manager To Housekeepers, Maintenance People & Beyond.

Room Tip: Top-Floors, Golf Course View
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adventur
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Just came back from a conference at the Pheasant Run and I was really disappointed with the facility. The rooms were dirty and a strong sulfur smell was in the water and in the air. They changed my room and it went from a F- to a D-.. I actually checked out and moved to a different hotel and drove 17 miles to get back and forth if that gives any indication of how bad it was. The coca roach in my bathroom was the final straw.. Most of the people at the conference were very unhappy. The conference members in the tower said their rooms were ok. Even the conference center connected to the hotel was very dirty.. Stains all over the carpet.. The only positive was the Gold Course.. well kept and nice course..

Room Tip: If you have to stay demand a tower room the golf suites and other rooms are a bad scene from an old...
3  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Pheasant Run always exceeds expectations when it comes to ensuring that our annual company conference is a success. The staff is always friendly, efficient and flexible; this is especially important since our home office is hundreds of miles away. Pheasant Run works quickly and carefully with us to handle any unexpected agenda changes or issues that arise during our weeklong event which is very appreciated because it helps to make the experience for our constituents a positive one every time. A++ as always!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We arrived at the resort about 45 minutes prior to check-in hoping our room was ready and that we'd be able to use the pool before dinner. The lady at the front desk checked us in without hesitation - I guess we got lucky and the room was ready! Our room had almost cathedral ceilings and although a little dated, I felt it gave the room character and charm - almost a cottage feel to it. We had dinner at Jambalaya - fall-off-the-bone ribs were amazing! We laughed our behinds off at Zanies, then sat around a nice warm bonfire until nearly 10pm. What an amazing day! It was nice that checkout wasn't until noon the next day because we needed a break between the Sunday brunch and swimming (yes - again, the pool was AWESOME!) because we were soooo full! The jazz band at the brunch was great and the food was even better! We will definitely be back. It was such a relaxing time! PS we went as a couple (no kids) but there were definitely a lot of kids there so it depends on what you're looking for.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
#5 of 11 in Saint Charles
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago St. Charles

Been to Pheasant Run Resort? Share your experiences!