Pheasant Run Resort
US$129
Best Western Inn of St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$105
US$165
US$143
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
US$89
Hotels.com
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles(Saint Charles)
US$149
US$115
US$109
US$106
US$103
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
US$78
Hotel Baker(Saint Charles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Super 8 St. Charles(Saint Charles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgolf coursejambalayabourbon streetthe indoor outdoor poolcomedy clubgolf wingnew orleansfire pitcomedy showgrounds are beautifulharvestpoolspheasantatriumarcadedjbonfire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived at the front desk after a long wait because there were only 2 staff members at the check-in desk. A pageant was going on and this was the check in day for a large group of young ladies so more staff was needed. It was 3:45 and we were told the room was not ready and check in time was 4:00. It was almost 5 by the time we got our keys. The room was very outdated, the tv remote did not work and we were unable to get the "free wifi". The vending machine in our section did not work. The carpet in the main stage room was filthy with huge stains. The room next to us had left a room service tray with food remnants on it outside their door. It was there when we arrived on Saturday, and still there when we left on Monday. End result: The pageant was great fun and the young girls did not even notice......but we did.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie W
Allyson C, Marketing Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello Marie,

Thank you so much for your comments on your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we always are working to improve the level of service we can provide to our guests, but I am very sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. We will be passing your comments on to our front desk, housekeeping, and engineering departments so that they can address the issues you encountered with their teams. We are also happy to announce that the resort was recently purchased and renovations are being planned, so we hope you'll have the opportunity to see those in the future - we're very excited!

We would like to discuss your stay further and get a little bit more detail about your experiences, so we'd appreciate it if you could contact our Director of Sales Jeanne Hahn at info@pheasantrun.com when you have a chance. We look forward to speaking with you, and thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My parents used to come here for summer getaways--see a play, hang out by the pool, escape everyday life. I think this still is a place to do that. The pools are very nice, especially the outdoor pool with the large area of lounge chairs, giving you plenty of room to read a book, enjoy the sun, swim when you get too warm. Summer vacation! There's golf if you're into that and evening entertainment with Zanie's and plays. A video arcade too. My room in the Tower area was quiet (every hotel air conditioner makes a certain amount of noise these days, unfortunately) and comfortable, with a very relaxing view as the sun set. It would be nice if there were more TV channels, or an easy way to rent movies, but I do that at home often enough, so I didn't miss it.

However, I'm glad to hear that there's a new owner, because more changes would be good. The Bourbon Street area gives me the feeling of a cheesy haunted house and unfortunately that's where you go to get to the restaurants. And the food options really need improvement. When I was there the fancy Harvest was closed (open only Fri-Sun, and breakfast). Their menu looked good, but in fact it is so pricey that I probably wouldn't have had dinner there. Jambalaya is a good idea, but the food tastes like Stouffer's New Orleans-style, and it's overpriced as well. The most disappointing was the "grab 'n go" area next to the outdoor pool. Way overpriced for low quality--donuts and bagels wrapped in plastic, sweating, that could have been there for who knows how long? I know hotels and resorts plan to make a good profit from their food service, but it's really unfortunate to charge so much, and not deliver even average quality food. How about bringing back a basic, homestyle coffee shop? Or a "grab 'n go" with fresh morning pastries and Starbucks coffee?

I'm impressed that Pheasant Run is still around, and I hope that nice, old-fashioned neon keeps glowing. I plan to check back there again in the near future.

Room Tip: Try the Tower
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here a few times years ago and always thought it was nice….not this time!! We checked in for a girl's weekend and the place was packed (good for them I guess). Found out at checkin that the outdoor pool was not in service. We were given rooms upstairs (no elevator) in an old section where the hallway was 100 degrees just getting to the rooms. The rooms were dirty and smelled like mildew. The pools were also filthy…my hand kept coming away with hair every time I touched the edge. Everything was very old and not in great repair. The front desk girl did not care that we were not given the rooms that we originally requested when we made our reservations. There was NO parking to be had either. Will never stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lovetotravel e
Allyson C, Marketing Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello there - thank you so much for providing feedback on your recent stay. I'm so sorry to hear that your last experience did not live up to your previous stays. Though we know it is a disappointment to guests to hear that our courtyard outdoor pool was closed, I hope you were able to enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool located centrally in the resort. We will be addressing your other comments within our departments to help our staff improve the level of service that they provide to our guests. We do hope that you'll give us another chance to provide you with the high-quality, enjoyable stay you expected in the future. The resort has recently been purchased and renovations are currently being planned. If you'd like to discuss your stay further and provide us with additional details about your stay, please contact our Director of Sales Jeanne Hahn at info@pheasantrun.com. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying we got this stay with a Groupon so we paid a fraction of the full amount. If we had paid full price, I think I would have been extremely unhappy.

Service- everyone was nice and provided prompt service.

Rooms- we stayed in the Tower section, a King room overlooking the golf course.
PROS- The room view was beautiful. It was our favorite part. The sink and bathroom were separate. The bathroom was quite small but clean.
CONS- No safe, I haven't stayed in a room without one in a while. I would have like to lock up our stuff but no such luck. The BIGGEST annoyance was the fan. To say it was loud is an understatement. It's so loud and goes on and off all night. It literally kept us awake all night. My husband also would like to note that the pillows were terrible. Bring your own.

Restaurant- we ate at Jambalaya's for two dinners. Both nights were good. Great service with a smile. My husband had Jambalaya and really liked it. We also had the fish fry which was good, the buffet that went along with it was just so-so. We had the breakfast buffet in the Garden Terrace which was highly disappointing. Very greasy food, the eggs looked like they were made with a mixture and not real eggs.

Golf course- the 18-hole golf course was quite nice. It was well maintained with a nice mixture of skill levels. The cost for hotel guests during the week (bit sure about weekend prices) is $39 for 18-holes and a golf cart (it's usually that fee for 9-holes). It was slightly annoying that they had the sprinklers going all the way past noon and in very inconvenient locations that required you to get wet to hit your ball. Especially on the putting greens. The sprinklers prevented use of half the practice holes.

Zanies- sub par comedians in a not so special room. Our tickets came as part of the Groupon and if they hadn't I would have been seriously upset to pay $23 per ticket plus a 2 drink minimum (and believe me, they make sure each person buys their 2). If we hadn't received them with our package we would have been ok to skip it. It doesn't compare to Chicago so don't expect that same ambiance.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Shirell M

Hi Shirell,

Thank you for your detailed review - a lot of great feedback for us to use to improve the quality of service that we provide to our guests. I was really happy to hear that you found our staff attentive and prompt, and that you enjoyed the beautiful view from our Tower King room. I'm also glad that you got to enjoy our golf course, but we have passed the comments about the sprinklers on to our golf pro so that he can address that for the future.

While we do not have safes in the individual hotel rooms, we do have safety deposit boxes available for use for any valuables during your stay. These boxes are located behind the front desk and are only accessible with a staff member present, and you can keep the key with you for extra security. If you do stay with us again, I hope this will be helpful.

If you'd like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact our Director of Sales Jeanne Hahn at info@pheasantrun.com. Again, thank you so much for your feedback - we will use all of your comments to help us improve the guest experience here at Pheasant Run. We hope you'll stay with us again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights for a pageant this weekend. I realize they were very busy with so many in town for the pageant; however, they were severely understaffed at both the front desk & housekeeping. Room check in time was 4pm, but room was not ready till almost 5pm (and there were many others with the same issue). Our room was old, the bathroom seemed musty & dirty, the remote didn't really work for the tv and we had no cell service or wi-fi in our room. The hotel needs a serious makeover & more staff.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us - I'm so sorry to hear that you encountered some issues while you were here. While it was a very busy weekend for us, that is not an excuse for the problems you experienced. We will be using your comments to improve our response time within the front desk and housekeeping departments, especially during busy weekends. We are happy to inform you that the resort was recently purchased and plans for renovations are currently being made. We hope we'll have a chance to provide you with a true Pheasant Run Resort experience in the future. If you'd like to discuss your stay further, please contact our Director of Sales Jeanne Hahn at info@pheasantrun.com. Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing!