All reviews golf course bourbon street jambalaya the indoor outdoor pool comedy club golf wing fire pit new orleans terrace cafe comedy show grounds are beautiful family reunion this past weekend harvest pools pheasant atrium
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This resort has so much potential, but it needs so much work, at least in the Golf Wing. I had an executive suite — 2 floors, separate bedroom with a king, a little living room beside it with a sofa-bed, and a meeting table and separate full bathroom downstairs. Didn’t need the meeting table, but I liked having this space and 2 full baths for me and a couple. Good working showers and bathrooms overall. Amenities like towels were fine enough. $179 a night for this suite in a group discount.

Though I should have remembered this resort’s struggles with a foreclosure threat a while back ending with an investor group taking over, I was still surprised by the conditions inside and out of the Golf Wing. You’ll see it right away when you park, starting with the exterior paint. Then the carpeting everywhere, in the rooms and hallways, so desperately must be replaced. Yes, what other reviewers say about the blackened vents and maybe mildew around is true. Three TVs in this suite, that’s good, but they are the old analog tube style! Whatever, we weren’t there for TV, but the funniest thing was that the cabinet holding the TV in the bedroom was missing a door! Just missing.

I hear the tower is better. This resort is neat, walking around to see all the adjoining options. Location is good with stores and restaurants, fast or not, surrounding. I don’t know if the owners are a wealthy group or a group just trying to save this local classic, and there still seems to be plenty of customers, but boy, invest in this place sooner rather than later, and everyone can benefit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nahho
Lisa A, Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to a renovation, but are making improvements in the meantime like replacing old carpeting and other updates. The tower rooms have been renovated more recently and we do have flat screen TVs in the tower and Courtyard rooms. Please stay tuned as we continue to improve!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Our dance competition was being held here- I had read poor reviews, but wanted to stay on-site. This place was exactly what I was hoping it wouldn’t be. My daughter and I shared a king room in the tower- windows were so bad- they had mildew (as shown in the picture). While the bathroom was ok, you couldn’t use the toilet and shut the door very easily. Our bed- ok, but the pillows were 1/2 the size of normal bed pillows and the sheets/mattress pad do NIT day in the bed- I woke up to a bare mattress. Gross. I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels, but never have had issues like this with the mattress. The outside gold course and area seemed a bit nicer than the interior. There wasn’t a free breakfast included, so we brought our own food. The door for our room was hard to shut/security needs to be upgrade. The whole place has potential......it needs major major upgrades- everything is old and dirty.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. Current management is working diligently to upgrade the property including replacing and cleaning older carpets and purchasing larger sheets for the beds. We do review our guest comments to help us improve our services and hope you'll keep us in mind as we continue to improve.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This resort has it all! Entertainment, Comedy Club, Golf, Spa several onsite and local restaurants and more. So if you need a night out or a weekend away that is close - check out Pheasant Run Resort. If you go it is also worth out checking out downtown St. Charles and the cute shops and cafe's they have. The rooms are not cheap, but they are clean.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P

So glad you chose to staycation with us. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This place reminded me of a family lodge from 1970. It is outdated from top to bottom. Our “nice” rooms in the tower were basic at best.

The “bistro” served their iced coffee from a homemade brew in a lemonade pitcher and scooped the ice from a cooler.

The spa was overpriced and not what we expected for a girls weekend at all. My $60 pedicure was chipping within two days. My friend used a gift card for her services and put the tip on her credit card. They charged her credit card for the entire amount and refused to reverse the charge. She is still disputing the charges.

We will not return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Lisa A, Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Angela, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your service. The spa is not aware of the credit card issue you describe. It could be that there was an authorization on the card and that would be dependent on her bank as to when those funds are released. They definitely would correct any billing errors and welcome you back to have your polish redone as it should not be chipping in two days. Please reach out to the spa directly if you would like to reschedule or if you are still experiencing issues with your billing.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I can't comment on the quality of the resort itself, or the grounds or the rooms. That's because their customer service was so terrible, we never got to see the place.

We booked two rooms with only 4 days notice because of a last-minute trip to the area. We called the day before to see if we could cancel because of another change with our trip. They said they required 48 hour notice. That's annoying, but understandable, and our fault for not reading the small print. So, we kept the rooms, but moved the reservation from Wed night to a Thurs night. it felt like they could have been more understanding given that all of this was last-minute. Even airlines do that, when they charge you high rates under 7 days notice. Then, on Thursday, when we called again to check on something, it turns out they never processed the date change. So, from their perspective we were a "no show" and had totally lost the rooms and the $600 we paid. Now we went from annoying to pissed off. My wife was so frustrated at the lack of understanding, or lack of apology, and total lack of customer service . . . that she just hung up. There were a lot of things they could have done to help us with this situation. But, sounds like their either have incompetent/uncaring reservation staff, or they just wanted our money.

Either way, we are not happy and cannot recommend this place. Book at your own risk

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. We cannot find a reservation that matches your description and our staff is not familiar with your issue. I'm sorry it was a frustrating experience for you and hope that it was not a third party you were working with. Feel free to reach out to our reservation team directly at info@pheasantrun.com if you can provide more information and we will do everything we can to make it right.