“Block for Wedding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Chicago
“Block for Wedding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We used the Marriott Courtyard as one of the hotels for our guests to stay at for our wedding. We got married in Geneva, but chose this hotel (along with the Herrington Inn and Spa) because we thought it was the nicest out of the surrounding hotels in this price range.
The contact person was Vicky and I dealt with her primarily through email. This was very convenient for me. She did an amazing job of coordinating everything. After we had reserved our block of rooms - we had to change the date of the wedding - and she was not only able to accommodate us, but she moved everyone's reservations and the process was very simple.
The hotel itself is a nice Marriott. The hotel lobby is very comfortable and modern space. There is also a restaurant and bar which is nice for the guests. The rooms were affordable as well.
Because we booked a minimum of 15 rooms on the night of our wedding, we got a free room for the bride and groom and we also got 3 hours of shuttle service to and from the wedding venue. This was a great service to offer to our guests.
We were able to drop off guest gift bags a couple of days early and they were really great about making sure each guest got one when they checked in.
The only downside of this location -was that it did not have a free continental breakfast to offer my guests - but we new this ahead of time and there are several breakfast places that are very close - including an IHOP. They do have breakfast in the restaurant that you can purchase in addition to the room.
I would definitely recommend this location to anyone who needs a night stay - or a place to have a block for their wedding!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about Vicky. She does a wonderful job with our weddings. Having the private three hour shuttle is a great perk when booking your wedding at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that we helped make your wedding day so special for you and your guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed overnight on a Saturday. The Hotel was busy with Wedding goers and another large group. The service was good, the staff friendly. The neighbors next door didn't take into account that others were sleeping when they slammed their door but that was not fault of the hotel.
The bed was very comfy and the room was cozy. The sheets were soft and felt nice to the touch. The pool was nice looking but I didn't have a chance to try it out. The workout room was very small, so you may not get on a machine if others are in there.
We had breakfast in the lobby. It was mediocre. Save your money and go out to eat in town. There are several places around the corner that are a better value with tastier food.

Room Tip: I think the higher the floor the less noise you will hear.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. It's so nice to hear that you found the beds so comfortable. That is a key to a successful hotel stay. I am sorry to hear the breakfast did not meet your expectations. The Bistro concept is a bit different from a sit-down restaurant, but is very effective for business travelers who are on-the-go. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

As per my previous review this has become a second home to me and I would like to add a couple of new names to my thanks list...
Adam is always very polite, using the corporate terms of yes sir and Mr Leonard when addressing me.....as we are all pretty good friends now it's first name terms at my request....I prefer it that way. We have great convo's and I feel you won't be let down by him. A great asset to the hotel.

Gabby and I share a joke often, she always wants to make my stay better, likes to chat and when needed makes a mean bistro burger.

Over a year of staying at this hotel for extended stays gives me a pretty good base to make an opinion on its services and rooms and I can safely say its as good as you can get for its price range, it doesn't try to be the Ritz but what it does do is be a very good Marriott.

I recommend it to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. Gaby and Adam are very caring employees. I am very lucky to have them. Knowing that it can be tough being away from home for so long, I am glad we are able to make your extended stay visits enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your experience with other. We do appreciate it.
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Before I arrived at the hotel I spoke with Vicky who was courteous and helpful. She was welcoming and professional. I asked to speak to her manager and Barb was warm and welcoming. When we arrived we checked in by Andre who was professional and fun. When we went to the lobby for dinner Adam was wonderful. Service was quick and pleasant. In the morning we went down for breakfast and was served by Sharon who is wonderful. Amanda the lady who cleaned our room was pleasant and did a great job.

The hotel was clean, the decor modern and serene. The people excellent. Everyone we met was professional and friendly. I would recommend This hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and they will give it to you.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
It was great to have you and your family here during the Spring Break Week. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the pool and our Bistro. It was a pleasure getting to know you and hearing such wonderful things about the staff. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

If you need to stay near St. Charles, this is the place. The staff is top notch and really tries to make your stay the best possible.

The hotel is close to local attractions and restaurants , grocery stores, etc.

Great Hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about the hotel and the staff. We appreciate your business.
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

This hotel is great and the staff is fabulous. They are very helpful and will assist guests with whatever they need. They are also always smiling. I have stayed here many times and have never been dissapointed. Will return again soon. The hotel is very clean and everything looks fresh.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
A smile can go a long way! Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We appreciate your business!
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We went to St. Charles for New Year's eve. This is the first time I have ever stayed at a Courtyard and if they are all like this place, it won't be the last. The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Our tv was not working but I was not aware of it until the next morning so I did not complain about it. I did let them know at check out and they were grateful that I let them know. We did go to the pool to use the hot tub. It was a good size but Way Too Hot! I know they are meant to be hot but this was so bad that you could only stay in for about 15 minutes. They need to turn it down a bit. But we did enjoy the pool area, sitting and talking. The lobby is also very nice. We were not there long enough to sit there but it has a nice sitting area with a fireplace. They also have a sitting area with a large flatscreen tv. The business center was also located in the lobby and looked very nice.
If we decide to stay the night again the next time we visit St. Charles, this will be the place for us.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
We would love to have you back! Our lobby is very inviting with the fireplace, especially this time of year. Glad to hear you were able to use the spa. Our engineers check the tempertures daily on the spa and pool, but will have him do a double check based on your comments. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Hotel Baker
Hotel Baker
#6 of 11 in Saint Charles

Been to Courtyard Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!