Courtyard Chicago St. Charles
US$195
US$171
US$143
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
US$104
US$89
QualityInn
US$138
US$131
Best Western Inn of St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$116
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
US$78
US$161
US$157
HIExpress.com
Pheasant Run Resort(Saint Charles)
US$182
US$165
US$78
US$75
Hotel Baker(Saint Charles)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshome from homerooms bookedgreat hotelwithin a mile radiusroom was cleanhigh schoolroom blockfree roomattending a weddingyogurtnext morningthe general managermarriottbarbaralobbystcharles
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I found the Courtyard Marriot – St Charles staff to be friendly, the rooms clean, large and the St Charles area to be quite nice.

As of June 2013 the main east west road, highway 64/North Avenue is under construction. I would recommend checking with the hotel on alternative routes.

The hotel lobby has an area for printing flight boarding passes as well as a computer with printer for that last minute printing need. The lobby also has a large interactive touch screen monitor with news, weather and sports.

I was at the hotel with a group for business and the Courtyard Marriot – St Charles staff handled our needs well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at out hotel. We are very happy to have such a beautiful property to offer to our guests. You are right about the construction on Route 64. It can get really bad. We are in a good location where that traffic can be avoided. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all your kind comments.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is my second review on this hotel and I cannot say enough. I am an International Horse Show Announcer and have stayed in Marriott hotels all over the world including the Middle East. This particular Marriott is outstanding owing to the fact that Barbara Merigold the General Manager and her staff are the absolute best. From entering the Hotel on arrival to leaving they absolutely go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and caring as possible.

I have stayed here every year since the hotel opened fourteen years ago and can not imagine staying anywhere else in the area. This Courtyard by Marriott has most certainly become my home from home and there is nothing that they will not do for you. Even Sylvia, head of housekeeping is a gem as is Estella who runs the kitchen. The front Desk staff are the friendliest, most courteous of people and will always do what they can to make your stay comfortable, inviting and most welcome.

In closing this review all I can say is that I cannot possibly consider staying anywhere else in St. Charles but the Courtyard by Marriott. And NO, I am not related to any person who works here, this is my total and personal opinion of this hotel. Thank you Barbara and your staff for everything you do when I visit St. Charles.

Room Tip: I personally like the top floor (4th level in this hotel) as I do not like anyone above me. However, that is personal choice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank W
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. Although you are not related to anyone in the hotel, you will always be part of our family. We look forward to your arrival as you walk in and shout, "Honey, I'm Home!" Our staff is always happy to have you here and listen to your entertaining stories. Work life would not be the same for us without you here. Thanks for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Illinois is definitely the home of beautiful small towns. St. Charles is certainly among them. If business or pleasure brings you to this serene area by the Fox River west of Chicago, a great place to stay is the Courtyard by Marriott. It is not a large hotel, if that is a concern, though it is large enough to be able to provide great rooms and many amenities. At the moment, St. Charles is undergoing roadwork that is typical of the Chicago area in May. No one likes it but only God Almighty can do anything about it. Courtyard is to be preferred over many other choices, all very competitive. Still, just be spend a little time here is rewarding enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

I completely agree! St. Charles is a beautiful historic town with lots to offer. There is so much to do and see in St. Charles, especially in the warmer months. We appreciate that we are your preferred hotel when staying in the area. Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel, and for your review.

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Selected this Marriott property for overnight while attending a concert. Rooms need updating badly. Handles on drawers were rusted, and mattresses were lumpy. The room was clean and lobby recently updated. We approached the property and were excited to see the balconies. During checkin we asked if all rooms on upper floors had balconies and were told yes; Of course we requested one.. We were asked if we wanted it to smoke; mind you we are non-smokers and were aware it was a smoke free property. I think she could have informed us that smoking was prohibited in the balcony in a more customer friendly manner; why assume we are smokers?

We did manage to speak with the Sales Manager regarding this and she was very kind and apologized on behalf of management and gave us

Recommend additional customer service training. Besides this incident, our stay was fine!

• Stayed: April 2013
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and our updated lobby. We are excited to let you know that we will be updating our rooms to match our lobby later this year. Courtyard is finalizing a brand new room package, and we will be one of the first hotels to receive it. I am sorry to hear that you were asked about smoking in the rooms. As a Rewards Member, I am sure you are very familiar with Marriott Hotels being non-smoking. We do enforce this on our balconies as well, but you should not have been asked this just because you requested a balcony room. I am so glad you ran into Sandi, our Director of Sales and she was able to turn your stay around and make it enjoyable. I hope you are able to visit us again in the future and enjoy our renovated rooms.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We used the Marriott Courtyard as one of the hotels for our guests to stay at for our wedding. We got married in Geneva, but chose this hotel (along with the Herrington Inn and Spa) because we thought it was the nicest out of the surrounding hotels in this price range.
The contact person was Vicky and I dealt with her primarily through email. This was very convenient for me. She did an amazing job of coordinating everything. After we had reserved our block of rooms - we had to change the date of the wedding - and she was not only able to accommodate us, but she moved everyone's reservations and the process was very simple.
The hotel itself is a nice Marriott. The hotel lobby is very comfortable and modern space. There is also a restaurant and bar which is nice for the guests. The rooms were affordable as well.
Because we booked a minimum of 15 rooms on the night of our wedding, we got a free room for the bride and groom and we also got 3 hours of shuttle service to and from the wedding venue. This was a great service to offer to our guests.
We were able to drop off guest gift bags a couple of days early and they were really great about making sure each guest got one when they checked in.
The only downside of this location -was that it did not have a free continental breakfast to offer my guests - but we new this ahead of time and there are several breakfast places that are very close - including an IHOP. They do have breakfast in the restaurant that you can purchase in addition to the room.
I would definitely recommend this location to anyone who needs a night stay - or a place to have a block for their wedding!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about Vicky. She does a wonderful job with our weddings. Having the private three hour shuttle is a great perk when booking your wedding at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that we helped make your wedding day so special for you and your guests.