“An average hotel”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Lebanon, New Jersey
“An average hotel”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Parts of hotel were undergoing some renovations - new carpet, etc. My room was fine. Nice bed and selection of pillows. Shower head is too low for a guy six foot tall. Breakfast was good - several selections, but over-priced if you are paying cash for it [aka, not included]. This is not a hotel you can walk to anything from. Downtown is 2 miles away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. I am glad to hear you liked our renovated rooms and the breakfast selections. All the food in our Bistro is cooked fresh to order. We get many compliments on the selection and the food quality. Our renovation will be completed within the next week and we will have all new rooms to compliment our beautiful lobby. We hope you are able to come back and enjoy it when it is all completed. The downtown area is 2 miles from us, but we do have a complimentary shuttle that takes our guests in a 5 mile radius. We are happy to bring our guests to the downtown area or to our local malls and restaurants. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I'm a bit confused by other's negative comments. My room as clean, comfortable and well appointed. I appreciated the fact that the heater/air conditioner was not one of those which turned on and off all night. ( I have trouble staying asleep with one of those) Their business center was comfortable and easy to use and the wifi in the rooms is free. The lobby/lounge area is warm and comfortable and the fireplace offered a nice respite from the cold wind outside.

The bistro offered a decent breakfast selection and my choices were cooked perfectly to my order specifications.

The great staff were the type of folks I wished worked EVERY place I stay. They were all efficient, professional, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Kudos to this General Manager for assembling such a fine team.

My current business plans include a number trips to the area and I plan to stay at this property each time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am the General Manager of the hotel and am thrilled to hear that all aspects of your stay were perfect. Keep in mind that we are also scheduled for a rooms renovation in January and will be able to offer our guests a brand new look. We are thrilled that your travels will bring you back to St Charles, and are proud to be your hotel of choice.
Bensenville, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were there for one night only for a wedding that the hotel shuttled us to. I thought the staff was friendly and provided any information needed. Room was clean, small balcony a plus. It was a typical Courtyard experience, but the staff made it a little better than normal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel on trip advisor. I am glad to hear the staff made it extra special for you. The balconies are a very nice thing to have, especially this time of year. We have had beautiful fall weather. I hope you had a wonderful time at your weddings. It is such a special time when family and friends can get together for such a fun occasion. Thanks again for your comments.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Maybe I've been to one too many Courtyards lately, but this one seemed to be simply average. The lobby was nice and fit the Courtyard mold, but the room was basic and average. The front desk was fine. The small refrigerator in the room kept cycling on and off throughout the night. It was an early start and breakfast wasn't available (other than a grab bag).

Room Tip: This hotel is off the main road, so any room should be fairly quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our lobby. It does have a great look and feel to it. Just after the New Year, we will be renovating our rooms to match this look. We are vey happy to be one of the first Courtyards to receive the new Cynergy package. We hope you can come back and see in order to see our new look. Thanks for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I felt that the rooms were a bit old and did not match the big splash and nice look of the lobby. The lobby is great and has the new Courtyard look. But I would rather the rooms be upgraded. Also if this is suppose to be a hotel for business users, there needs to be a better chair for the desk. I spent several hours in an uncomfortable chair at the desk in my room. Finally it appears that there are two sets of towels. Some of my towels were a bit old and rough. While some of the towels were newer and nice and soft.

I would like to point out that all of the staff was very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments about the hotel. We are very excited to let you know that we are scheduled for a room renovation just after the first of the year. We will be getting the new Courtyard Cynergey package which will match the contemporary look and feel of our lobby. We hope that your travels will bring you back to St Charles next year so that you can enjoy our new rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor.
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Recently, my son got married in St Charles, and we book rooms at this hotel. From months out as we were getting started to when we had 36 rooms book everything was awesome! The staff was always available to answer questions and provide outstanding customer service. They assisted in handing out guest gift baskets as they checked in to assigning shuttle times to the reception and back to the hotel at the end of the night. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. My new daughter-in-law and all 8 bridesmaid enjoyed one of their suites where they had their makeup done and got dressed for the service. It has been a month since the wedding and I am still hearing how wonderful the hotel and staff where from guest who stayed there. I would recommend this hotel for any occasion no matter how big or small. Thanks you!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the accomodations for the wedding. We pride ourselves in taking good care of our wedding guests as the day is so special to all. I am glad to hear the staff was very helpful and accomodating. Sounds like the girls had a wonderful time getting ready for the event. Thank you for sharing your experience for all to see. We were happy to be part of such a special day.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 26 August 2013

this hotel is just a bit out of the main intersections. located between St Charles and Geneva just outside Chicago. pretty nice updates. beautiful balcony views. but no breakfast included. clean and with nice staff.

Room Tip: if you need adjoining rooms they are great. rooms on back side with balconies are quiet and have ni...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
BMERIGOLD, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Our lobby receives many compliments about looking very modern yet being very comfortable and spacious. I am glad to hear the staff took great care of you while you were here. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Courtyard Chicago St. Charles? Share your experiences!