“Very good choice for Thai in the Western Suburbs”
Review of Vinothai

Vinothai
Ranked #6 of 185 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have visited Vinothai several times over the past few years, when we are in the area. We are always happy with the choices that we select: they range from very good to excellent. The Tom Kha soup is excellent (fresher tasting and not as heavy on coconut milk as that served in many other restaurants). Likewise, the green curry has been consistently excellent. Recently, we sampled a special that featured crab fried rice and coconut shrimp. The coconut shrimp was excellent, but the crab fried rice was only fair: while there was quite a bit of lump crab, the rice was somewhat dry and not very flavorful; and could have benefited from more spices and/or some sort of sauce. We sampled the banana wonton sundae for dessert and felt that this unusual dish was quite good. The waitstaff were very friendly and attentive. We will continue to visit Vinothai, since even excellent restaurants occasionally have a less than stellar dish.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Staying over after a business trip at Pheasant Run Resort across the road (5 minute brisk walk from the lobby), I headed to Vinothai, passing chain restaurants in the strip shopping center for this unassuming place with a unique name. There wasn't much "vino," but plenty of good Thai choices, from noodles, to curries, and some specials on the menu. A warm greeting and a nice corner table in the window were welcome for a single diner. The decor is pleasant with hanging lighting and some candles, and tables well spaced. I chose the seasonal spring rolls, with nice shrimp and a peanut chili dipping sauce and pad thai with mixed seafood. Everything was quite good, although the calamari was that stamped out, rolled up kind, and wouldn't have been missed since the scallops and shrimp were very nice. Reasonably priced, it was evident that many of the diners there were repeat customers; all of whom seemed engaged in polite, quiet, family conversation. No drama here -- good food, pleasant and efficient service, and a quality patronage. For an out of town visitor, this was a very enjoyable dinner. Would certainly go back.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were at a ballgame at the Kane County Cougars. While driving back my pregnant wife had a craving of Thai cuisine and we stopped by at Vinothai. The restaurant doesn't look much from outside. I still decided to go in and check it out - you do not want to mess with a pregnant woman's cravings!

We were promptly seated by the hostess, water served and attended to. There are not many tables and the restaurant is kind of small - I still had my doubts! The hostess noticed that my wife was still wearing her spring jacket and she promptly asked if my wife was uncomfortable with the temperature and fixed the temperature settings. I was sold! We ordered our food and being vegetarian and pregnant, the hostess made sure for my wife that there was no fish extract at all in her food.

Food was nicely presented, really good tasting, and satisfying. We are kind of far from the restaurant, but if in the neighborhood, I would definitely to this restaurant again!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Will definitely be back, the food was terrific. We did carry out which was very nice for our large group. Feel like everything we ordered was exceptionally prepared.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I regularly visit Vinothai - almost always getting the same dish - for its welcoming staff, great food and fantastic lunch specials. Also a great option for business meetings (not too loud) and large group dinners, testing a little bit of everything. They take reservations for dinner.