“Great hostel”

YHA Ironbridge Coalport
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great place to stay! Great staff! Great location!
I have stayed there time and time again! And will be staying there again in November!

Great facilities
Great value for money!

Amazing, even the building history is fascinating! So much to do around this accommodation! And great parking facilities!

Great rooms and always clean!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
YHAIronbridge, Manager at YHA Ironbridge Coalport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback! We look forward to seeing you in November and welcoming you back to YHA Coalport.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've just returned from a 2 night stay with a group of 18 friends and very pleased to say the hostel looked after our needs very well. Yvonne, and the rest of the staff, went out of there way to make sure our celebrations ran smoothly and that our requests were addressed promptly. They knew the locality and could offer advice and suggestions.
The hostel is ideally situated for many towns and attractions in Shropshire. We attended a dance festival in Shrewsbury by car and park and ride and walked to the Tile Museum, Tar tunnel and China Museum all on the heritage trail.There are plenty of walks and attractions close by so that the car can be left safely in the car park.
Inside the hostel has been tastefully renovated (it was a china works factory) was very clean and had comfortable beds. A variety of different sized bedrooms are available and a few are en-suite.There were only 2 showers on our floor (one for disabled guests) however I only had a short wait once in 3 visits! Food is available in the cafe and the self catering kitchen is well equipped although the dining room is not very big.
Overall, a most enjoyable weekend stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thnak you for your comments, I'm very pleased to hear the your celebrations went smoothly. I will pass your positive feedback on to Yvonne and the team and hope to welcome you back to the hostel in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night. Room was basic, but comfortable. Great for me and my two children, they loved the bunk beds.

Lounge and games room were popular, unfortunately one toilet on our floor was not working, but minor issue.

Breakfast was amazing - and even my 10 year old boy was full.

Am now converted to hostelling and will be going to many others.

Thanks

Thoroughly recommend this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah M

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and I'm glad you had a great stay with us! We do aim to fix any maintenance issues asap but I'm sorry there was a toilet out of order during your stay. I hope to welcome you back to YHA Coalport in the future and wish you all the best in discovering the fanatstic YHA network of hostels.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Myself & the Wife stayed here for 8 days in September, it was EXCELLENT, rooms ,food, very clean. STAFF were 10 out of 10. .Really enjoyed our stay! & as we were visiting all the museums, we have passports for return visits. We will DEFINITELY be back next year, without a doubt.

Room Tip: Some rooms are fully en-suite. Worth thinking about if you have kids.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for you fanatastic feedback! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I prearranged lunch in the YHA cafe for a party of 15. We had had a very busy morning and were starting to feel somewhat jaded. The food was served very quickly and efficiently and was very good. Highly recommended, thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cats1946
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the night with friends for a festival, really cheap and near to where we wanted to go. Rooms were basin but very clean, also a bar and somewhere to eat which served nice food. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013
YHAIronbridge, Manager at YHA Ironbridge Coalport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thanks for the great review, glad we were able to make your festival experience easier!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

As my family are quite spread out we decided to have a family weekend which would be of equal travelling distance for us all (3 daughters and their partners and 4 grandchildren, my husband and myself). My middle daughter booked this youth hostel, although my husband and myself had never stayed in one before, but she assured us that they were much better than they used to be. We stayed at the one at Coalport from 12th to 14th July so were very lucky with the weather. Although we had booked quite a time in advance we couldn't get en suite rooms so had to share a bathroom with other people. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The food was fairly good for the price and some of us ate there the first night the others eating on the way). On our second night we had intended to eat at one of the pubs within walking distance but they wouldn't take bookings and as the weather was good they were very busy. We walked to the nearest one, I think it was The Shakespeare but as there were twelve of us they didn't want to know, so we walked back to the hostel. By this time it was 8 o'clock but they immediately took our order and we had a wonderful meal. The whole place was spotlessly clean including kitchen and eating area. The only downside for me was the other people sharing the bathroom, one morning there were grips all over the floor which I had to move into a corner and also two ladies shavers which had been left on the floor of the shower, not very good when children have to use the shower. Surely it is more important in a youth hostel where other people are using the facilities to take more care and leave things clean and tidy. Moan over and all things considered we had a wonderful time - we went to the Museum of Engenuity which the children thoroughly enjoyed as it was hands on. The children and their fathers went on canoes on Sunday morning while the rest of us went on a boat ride, we then all met up again for a picnic in the lovely Dale Park. Parking is quite cheap in Ironbridge and like the other reviewer we pay double to park for 3 hours in our local shopping centre. I would have no misgivings about gong to a youth hostel again.so well done Coalport for giving me a wonderful insight into the world of youth hosteling.

Room Tip: Book early if you want en suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aud107
YHAIronbridge, Manager at YHA Ironbridge Coalport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thanks so much for the great review. We do only have a limited number of bedrooms with en suite facilities so you do need to book early to get one. Hopefully, now you've been converted to YHA you'll be back and we can try to get you one!

Been to YHA Ironbridge Coalport? Share your experiences!