“Avoid”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Troy, Illinois
“Avoid”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

It was really disappointing. When I called I was told they have a hot tub. But when I arrived and asked about it they said they have Jacuzzi rooms only. I would have not stayed her but it was because I was there to see someone in intensive care at the hospital, The bathroom was a big mess with plaster coming off the walls. I usually like comfort Inn's but will not return to this one.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blondie706

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Alpena, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We are Choice Privelege Members and Comfort Inns are our hotel of choice when traveling. We have always had a great experience until we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Salem, IL. As we entered the hotel lobby the front door were very dirty with finger and hand prints (this should have been a sign. The lobby was very dated and not clean. Our room was also not clean - the bathroom was stained (not sure if it was not clean or stained), there was not light bulb in the bedside lamp, there were 3 bugs in the bathroom, the pillow cases were yellowed, carpet needed to be cleaned, there were water stains on the ceiling, the breakfast was marginal - the waffle iron did not work and this was overall a very poor experience. I have never given a poor review on a hotel so you know this was a bad experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Barb D

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Rogersville, Alabama
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Inns on many occasions and have generally have had good, quality stays. However, we were very disappointed with this facility. Our room, number 101, was stark and worn, had only two frayed thin towels, only two styrofoam cups, a bed that was old and sorely needed to be replaced. When putting in the new shower rod, they left the old two inch holes in the wall from the old rod unfinished leaving dry wall tape and rough spackling. I wouldn't have been so shocked if it were an old EconoLodge or a worn Motel 6, but I am very surprised that they maintain a Comfort Inn classification.

I would agree with some of the other reviewers here that the desk clerk was very friendly and check in was quick, but that did not make low quality of the room any better.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank alabama3345
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 December 2012

awesome staff. Pool was excellant for my kids. breakfast was good. The hot chocolate at breakfast was a plus. Nice location just right off the interstate. applebees was acoss the street and a gas station. We will come back and stay

Room Tip: hot chocolate at breakfast, waffles was amazing
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Vandalia, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Fast check in, desk clerk called my room to make sure everything was okay after check in. I thought that was sweet of the young lady. Even help me get stuff to room. Awesome. Will stay again. Breakfast was good and pool was warm. My room was very clean.

Room Tip: great staff
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Darlene P
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel and at check in the clerk recognized my boyfriend has a choice number, not all choice hotels do that only a few and this location does. Thank you, that meant alot to my boyfriend. Our room was nice and clean, staff was great, pool nice, and nice breakfast. We will come back to this location again.

Room Tip: choice members will be recognized by the front desk clerks, this is a big plus cause not all hotels...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim H
St. Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I spent the night at your hotel and Alica Karrick was so cheery and professional from the first time I called until we checked out. She not only explained everything in detail about our reservation, but when we got there she recommended a great place to dine and even called us after we got back to see how we liked it. The rooms were very clean and well kept and Alica was very professional and knowledgeable about the hotel and area. I wish all my experiences when traveling were this outstanding. I can certainly say that we will be staying at this location again.

Room Tip: Let them know exactly what you want and they will do everything they can to accomodate you.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dswarts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salem
Mariner's Village at Carlyle Lake
Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon
Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon
#1 of 14 in Mount Vernon

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!