White Nancy Cruising Restaurant Boat
City of Venice, Italy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked a canal boat for a day trip for my wife's birthday via Groupon. With less than 48 hours notice they rang on a Sunday evening (bank holiday on the Monday) and cancelled. No apology or effort to help. When confronted they hung up. Got to be the worst company we've ever had the displeasure to come across. My advice would be to leave well alone.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Mikef309

Northwich, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We too did a groupon voucher and should have gone last year. Due to technical problems our trip was rescheduled for today Monday 19th May. We were kept informed at all times with a confirmation email for today!
Arrived a bit late due to traffic and were greeted by Bill. He was friendly & helpful showing us everything we needed to know swiftly to get us on our way! No mention of not turning off the engine!!
Sun shining off we went and had a fabulous day! Yes Rachel could do with a bit of tlc. A seat for the driver, cushions on the seats, a few more cups if you are a big party,but these small things did not spoil our day at all. You do need to take milk if you want tea or coffee because their is no electricity on the boat therefore no fridge!! Not rocket science & all the literature tells you this.
There is a cafe about half an hour in but only open Wednesday to Sunday (shame!!). Pubs don't open till 12. (Good job we took our own beer & wine). Lovely meal at the Minors Arms.
Don't go expecting the luxury of a cruise ship or yes you will be disappointed. It is what it is a basic boat which gets you up the canal. We have had a brilliant day!!!

Visited May 2014
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Dont touch with a barge pole!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Ten of us booked through Groupon for day hire and were really looking forward to a grand day out on the canal. The actual boat is not the one shown at the top of the web page. The reality is a scruffy little barge with absolutely nothing to recommend it. We were told that tea and coffee would be provided. Well, they were, in small dirty containers. There were only 4 mugs (the proprietor told us the others had been 'nicked' by previous cruisers). There was no milk provided because, we were told, "it goes off". There was one absolutely filthy tea towel which stank of sour milk. When we complained about the wet and dirty seats, it was thrust into my hands and I was told, "wipe them down with this." My friend did make an attempt and it came back black with dirt! There were no cushions on the hard wooden slatted seats, no life jackets available and water swilled about the bottom of the boat. The windows were so grimy, it was impossible to see out of them Pretty horrid for a full day! Whilst some of us grimly surveyed conditions below, those who wanted to drive were being given some important advice above - "don't turn the engine off because you wont get it started again and if you crash into another boat, scarper quickly." When we pointed out the deficiencies, the chap got really nasty and thrust our deposit into a hand and we left. A really helpful man at Macclesfield Tourist Info organised another trip for us with a company about 8 miles away. The boat was lovely; clean, comfortable and well-equipped. Life jackets were available and the lovely chap who started us off came with us for the first few minutes to check we were ok. AND their full price was cheaper than the price of the other one even with Groupon vouchers! We had a great day and would highly recommend this company. The Rachel chap has emailed our organiser to say he will not be refunding our money because the boat was ready to sail. We have now left this in the hands of Groupon. Hopefully they will get wise to these canal pirates and not offer them again.

Visited April 2014
7 Thank Cheryl F
Crewe, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Rachel's day boat hire”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We (12) of us hire the boat for the day and it was awful.

From the information sheet that was sent it sounded great. When we arrived it was not the boat in the picture is was something very different.. Cutlery, kettle, cups, etc., it took about 1/2 hr to boil the kettle. All that was on was 4 mugs, 4 plates and a couple of spoons..it was a good job that we all took extras. On board toilet (peg needed) overflowed , we had to stop at a café just to use their facilities. It had water running from one side to the other (not sure where it was coming from!!)

It was a good job that it did not rain because there was no where for 12 people to sit without getting wet..

The owner said don't switch the boat off because you might not get it started again!!

It was a good job that we never paid the full amount and bought it off woucher.

We will NEVER ever us this company again...

Good laugh with friends but the boat need to have money spent on it..

Visited April 2014
9 Thank Bev H
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“COMPLETE NON STARTER”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I booked through Groupon for two people & activated my voucher. A friend also booked a Groupon for two people, but he did not activate his voucher right away.

When he did activate it they told him the cruise was full. So I e mailed & explained that we wished to travel together & could they either squeeze my friends in or cancel our reservation & re-book it for a date that we could all travel together.

I got a message back saying "that cruise is full" which hardly answers my question. Then a couple of days before I got an e mail to say the cruise had been cancelled & to call someone called Bill & was provided with a mobile number to call.

I was in front of the computer when the e mail came in & so called that number within three minutes which went to voice mail. I left a message but never got a reply.

I got my money back from Groupon. I have also just found out that our friends who booked for another day had there cruise cancelled as well.

This lot are shambolic, Avoid!

Visited March 2014