Cuckoo Brow Inn
US$181
US$223
US$195
  • Pool
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$283
US$213
Priceline
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$185
US$181
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$237
US$121
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$275
Priceline
All reviewsmuddy bootsdog ownersbeatrix potter's houseboth nightscar ferrydog friendly placedog loverscumbrian breakfastlake districtthe pubfamily roomhuge bedbunk bedshill topevening mealroll top bathreal ale
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My second visit to this lovely establishment was as good as the first.
Nicely decorated clean room and comfy bed!
My dog was made welcome and there were no restrictions for him within the hotel.
Looking forward to organising my third visit!!! Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank pangykins
sally s, Owner at Cuckoo Brow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Wow! What can I stay, 5 stars across the board! We couldn't ask for better than a 100% Thank you for being so kind and passing on your feelings to fellow tripadvisors. We look forward to your 3rd visit!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights in June with our two children aged 12 & 14. The family room had plenty of space with a big bed and bunks. The room was close to the bar but amazingly quiet. The children were well looked after with wifi and various gadgets to amuse them. The pub had a nice atmosphere with good food and cold beer. They provide a map of a nice 3 hour walk around the local area but some dodgy directions saw us not get lost but take some different tracks, all part of the fun. The beer garden always seemed to be full of people having a quiet beer or coffee.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Croweaters2014

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your break away with us as a family. And yes, we have also found ourselves lost on the tracks up on Claife Heights, no matter how careful we are! But like you say its part of the fun and luckily the lake is there for direction. I hope that you will stay with us again soon on your next visit to the Lakes.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The perfect location, turn right or left for great walks, then return to a lovely welcoming inn.
We stayed 2 nights, drank in the beer garden in the sun, eat in the restaurant at dusk.
Food and beers were great, and the special burger was just what was needed after a long day walking and drinking :-)
Super King Size bed was comfy, the room spotlessly clean. Breakfast fresh and not greasy
like some. All in all a great place to stay, eat or drink, or like us all 3.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andy269
sally s, Owner at Cuckoo Brow Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review, and I am glad to read that the sun was shining when you came to visit and you got enjoy our lovely beer garden.
I have passed your kind comments about the burger and breakfast onto the kitchen team.
I hope that you will come and stay with us again and bring the sunshine with you.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Being a fussy type who researches every place I go to, I was hoping for great rooms, staff, food and atmoshphere and this place has it in bucket loads!

Our room (6) was at the back of the hotel with no views but this suited us as it was in the shade on a really hot weekend. Clean, stylish and simple with a great bathroom - all good.

Ate in the pub both nights and food was great. If you want a tasting menu or real a la carte then don't come here. If you want good food, served well (platters, jars of pate etc.) then it's great.

Staff most welcoming and helpful - think it was Jess that we spoke to a lot who showed us to our room and was around most of the time - she was fab.

Atmosphere great. Mis matched chairs and old tables i the dining room added to the atmosphere which I liked - again not for everyone.

This is now one of my favourite places and is on my "list".

Hope this helps!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CheshireMillie

Wow! What can I say, I couldn't ask for a better recommendation! Wonderful to read that we are now on your 'list', and thank you for passing on your thoughts to everyone on TripAdvisor, we really do appreciate it. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great location - well situated for the major lakes and a short ride to the Windermere Ferry - a well kept secret & very convenient. Cheap too @ £4 a car.

Friendly staff and overall good service. A small Inn with rooms, serving very good food and reasonable choice of local / regional ales. It was not expensive to eat in the evening & there was a good choice of regular options and daily specials. Breakfast was rather good but sadly they ran out of the Cumbrian sausages - for the Cumbrian breakfast it was a bit of a school boy error!. Loved the smell of the log fire and that why welcomed dogs.

We stayed 4 nights and never knowingly saw the proprietor which is a shame as for this type of property I would expect them to be more visible and meet / greet guests. I would also like to have been able to give feedback in person.

Our room was good, recently refurbished l believe. Ours was located at the rear of the property comfortable large bed and lovely shower. Bath towels were too small in my view, they missed a trick to make the rooms / facilities even more comfy. We also had a couple of occasions where we didn't got items on the drinks tray replenished and bath towels were missing. These are only small but never the less niggley attention to detail things that make a difference. We sleep with window open and our room was located right above where the staff used to congregate late at night for a chill out chat - noisy and irritating.
Would we stay again - yes probably, but ask for a room at the front with views.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Remotelyworking

Your feedback is excellent, thank you, and absolutely invaluable to us. I am so pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and that you would choose to return to us. Your points to improve will be taken on board, and we have already spoken to the staff about being outside at night time, hopefully this review will drive home to them just how their voices can travel on a still evening. I hope that on your next visit everything is perfect, which I am sure it will be.