“Most relaxing holiday I've had for a while”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheswardine
Feather Down Farms at Lipley Farm
UK
“Most relaxing holiday I've had for a while”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I took my children (9, 11 & 15) on a midweek holiday to Lipley Farm and we loved it. I was a bit worried that my typical teenager might not really enjoy himself since most of the children were quite young but he had a great time taking charge of the nightly bonfire in the middle of the camp. My 9 yo also had fun making friends, visiting the farm animals & playing on the swings. While my arty 11 yo spent a lot of time sketching and tending to the chickens in our coop. The farm tour was fun & informative and our hosts were friendly & helpful. The tent itself was fantastic. I never did get a turn in the cupboard bed sadly, because my daughters refused to budge. Once we got the hang of the wood burning stove, we really enjoyed getting away from modern life. It's so much more relaxing living by candlelight and playing board & card games instead of watching television or playing on the computer. We'll definitely return to Lipley Farm and also try other Featherdown Farms. I may never get my own tent out for a camping trip again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mumm3

Couples
Solo
Business
chipping campden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We hired 3 tents and we all had a fantastic and exceptionally fun time. Being more of a luxury hotel type I was gladly surprised at the comfort and cosiness of the tents. The warmest welcome was received and nothing was too much bother for the owners. The farm tour was informative, the kids (aged 4 - 8) were gripped, they loved fetching wood, collecting eggs and playing in the field and surrounding woods. The owners joined us for a drink around our bonfire too. I will return one day! My soft boiled eggs at home don't taste the same! Maybe a stay in the folly too?!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sarahldillon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have just taken my two young children to this Farm on a Featherdown long weekend. Tracey and Stephen were wonderful hosts and passionate about their incredible farm. We never felt like we were in their way despite having twin boys to look after aswell as a herd of cows!!
We collected wood, eggs, lit fires, toasted marshmallows and sang campfire songs. Whilst the children played from dawn until dusk the mums relaxed and enjoyed the peace. Such an amazing experience to let go of the normal 21st century trappings and enjoy a simple life enjoying 'each other'. We loved it!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ruthie1968
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

We went there first last August for a week, and having been to other Featherdown sites enjoyed this the most. Steve and the amazing Tracy were very involved with guests and readily available for any needs or queries. More akin to 5 star Hotel level courtesy and helpfulness! The chicken coops were a child's delight added to which eggs were duly laid on a daily basis and cooked for breakfast. Milking cows during farm tour and feeding 13 piglets, 4 sheep, 2 horses and occasionally 1 Irish wolfhound (Arthur) amazing. The surrounding countryside offered much child friendly and adult friendly diversions including farms, Alton Towers, Hawksmoor estate etc. The local produce was delicious and we had the farmers stewpot, real camping culinary experience. For the fussy, the new, purpose built spacious showers were a nice surprise. We have booked return visit next August.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank karena g
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Have just got back from a long wkend glamping here with 4 friends and my 10 month old daughter, feel totally relaxed and de stressed thanks to Steve and Tracy being such wonderful hosts.

Having real beds and a stove took the stress out of camping and although it does take a while to cook a meal it was really good fun and rewarding at the end of it!!

A real must for anyone...milking cows,building fires,sleeping in a cupboard bed all great fun.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
12 Thank tallulagrace1

Been to Feather Down Farms at Lipley Farm? Share your experiences!