“Tony c ”

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Cropthorne
Price range: US$4 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open midday 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays): Weekday lunch till 2.30 & supper from 5 till 8.30 with bar till 10; food all day Saturday (bar till 11), Sunday & Bank Holidays (closed at 8); Andre's menu of fresh, seasonal, produce sourced from select local farmers, gamekeepers & producers. Daily deliveries ensure enormous variety & flexibility of tasty home-made options for all dietary requirements : coeliac, vegan & small appetites. Andre & Jane hope to welcome you soon to our home with our warm & friendly Lounge Bar; Peaceful Dining Room; Beer Patio; Relaxing Cosy Conservatory; Private Dining & Log Fire. Free house; fresh owners; fantastic food, fine wines, locally produced drinks & local real ales & lagers. Beautiful relaxed Cotswold country pub between Evesham & Pershore, near Wick & Fladbury, in the pretty village of Cropthorne, Vale of Evesham, Ancient orchards sweep down to the River Avon offering clear, unbroken views across the vale to the Malvern Hills in the distance.
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Well as it was my first time in the bell me and my friend had fish and chips mushy peas food was excellent and the sticker toffee pudding warm butter scotch sauce with ice cream went down a treat we will be a regular visitor to the bell at cropthrone

Date of visit: April 2017

Hi Tony,
It was lovely to meet you both.
Take care.
We look forward to welcoming you again to our home

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

The best pork belly and fish and chips we've ever had!!! Excellent service, so friendly, will highly recommend. We will be back!

Date of visit: April 2017

Hi,
Many thanks for coming to visit.
Your return visit on Sunday was a really unexpected pleasure!
We look forward to welcoming again soon to our home!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We have now been several times and always had great food. Very welcoming and nothing too much trouble ..... best pub food in the area

Hi
Many thanks for your visit. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not to distant future to our home.
Take care.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Firstly let me support the landlady's answer to a previous visitor. Yes it was still in the final stages of renovation when my wife and I went for lunch. Yes a very pleasant young lady was dusting as was a young man. Neither of these activities was intrusive. I noticed there was a closure on the door nevertheless the landlady escorted us to the door "to make sure it didn't bang". Some unkind people have suggested she was ensuring we were off the premises, we are not speaking to those anymore!
We were made to feel very welcome and had a nice chat with the landlady (does one still say landlady nowadays?). She and her husband who is the chef as well as the landlord are doing wonders with the place.
I had Doom Bar to drink which was fine my wife (driving) had a soft drink which was sure to be o.k. I had the steak and my wife had Brill. The Chef (this sounds so formal, sorry) ensured we had what we wanted and had a flexible approach. My wife said the Brill with white wine and cream sauce, as she passed on the mushroom, was delicious.
And I will state here and now I have never had a better steak and cooked to perfection! And the fiery pepper sauce spot on. I was too sated for dessert but Jacquie managed the Profiteroles and chocolate sauce which also went down to equal acclaim.
All in all I thoroughly recommend The Bell and its Hosts. Pity it's not closer to home but I don't think that will deter us.

1  Thank Gronow

Hello there
Thank you so much for your visit.
We look forward to your next trip to Cropthorne.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I spent Saturday evening in the comfort of The Bell Inn at Cropthorne. What a lovely place to wile away a few hours in a comfortable, leisurely environment. The log fire was burning on our arrival. The pub was clearly a popular destination, but this certainly didn't detract from the friendliness & efficiency of the staff.
Really great choice of drinks, both alcoholic & soft. The food was amazing - great choice, very tasty & served in a timely manner.
Would highly recommend for couples or families. Something for everyone here. Will definitely return

1  Thank 241melaniec

Dear Melanie,
Many thanks for your visit.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our home.
We really do appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.
Kindest regards,