“Comfortable, cosy and fab food”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Cropthorne
Price range: US$4 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open midday 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays): Weekday lunch till 2.30 & supper from 5 till 8.30 with bar till 10; food all day Saturday (bar till 11), Sunday & Bank Holidays (closed at 8); Andre's menu of fresh, seasonal, produce sourced from select local farmers, gamekeepers & producers. Daily deliveries ensure enormous variety & flexibility of tasty home-made options for all dietary requirements : coeliac, vegan & small appetites. Andre & Jane hope to welcome you soon to our home with our warm & friendly Lounge Bar; Peaceful Dining Room; Beer Patio; Relaxing Cosy Conservatory; Private Dining & Log Fire. Free house; fresh owners; fantastic food, fine wines, locally produced drinks & local real ales & lagers. Beautiful relaxed Cotswold country pub between Evesham & Pershore, near Wick & Fladbury, in the pretty village of Cropthorne, Vale of Evesham, Ancient orchards sweep down to the River Avon offering clear, unbroken views across the vale to the Malvern Hills in the distance.
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

So glad to have this lovely pub close to hand. The food is superb. Jane and all her front of house team are delightful. Andre's food is delicious and well worth waiting for. No fast food here! Strongly recommend the Sunday lunch. (Suggest you book though) I do have a particular weakness for the fish and chips too. I enjoy the fact that the puddings are not loaded with sugar so you indulge without too much guilt, however they don't mind you asking for a bit more sugar to sprinkle on to suit your taste. The ambiance is homely and cosy. I feel sure you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed in the food the meat was cold and the Yorkshire puddings were black! The fruit pavalova was a chewy meragine and the fruit was a fruit cocktail that you got out of a can which was just dumped on the top ! Won't be going there again in a hurry!

3  Thank Hannah R
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Came here fur Sunday lunch having visited recently on a Saturday. The staff and management here are really friendly having apparently taken over late last year. The dining area is spread through the pub so you're not sitting on top of other diners for a relaxed atmosphere. The place isn't glossy but rather authentic, and the main courses are both tasty and plentiful as well as often with a different twist. Home made desserts very good and genuinely home made. Interesting they offer GF options throughout though it's not my thing. Well worth a visit and we'll certainly be back.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

We live locally and were keen to try it under the new management. I called 10 minutes prior to us arriving to see if there was a table and luckily there was and we were seated in the conservatory. There were four of us including our two young daughters and we were made to feel very welcome on entering. Very child friendly which is always a relief as there are plenty places locally that aren't! Provided a high chair, colouring crayons, paper... etc The real ale was a fantastic drink, selling Butty Bach which is a personal favourite of mine. We explained that our girls weren't big eaters and they were happy to divide one meal onto two plates for us, also providing plastic cutlery and beakers for kids. The food was outstanding, asking how I wanted my roast beef cooked and it came out rare just how I like it. My wife chose the roast lamb which she also enjoyed. Huge portions, properly cooked vegetables came in separate bowls and proper freshly cooked Yorkshire puddings. All at a reasonable price. We will definitely be returning.

2  Thank Gornalmon
Reviewed 28 April 2017

It was our first visit to The Bell for a few years and we had a lovely evening. My husband had the scallops to start and he said they were really good. For mains he had the swordfish which again he said was cooked perfectly, and I had the vege burger in a brioche bun with fries and salad. It was delicious and the first time I have been served a homemade burger. Really nice. The service was excellent, the surroundings really tasteful and it was really good value. Will definitely be returning.

3  Thank jubbly2015