“Lovely Late Sunday lunch in welcoming friendly surroundings”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Cropthorne
Price range: US$4 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open midday 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays): Weekday lunch till 2.30 & supper from 5 till 8.30 with bar till 10; food all day Saturday (bar till 11), Sunday & Bank Holidays (closed at 8); Andre's menu of fresh, seasonal, produce sourced from select local farmers, gamekeepers & producers. Daily deliveries ensure enormous variety & flexibility of tasty home-made options for all dietary requirements : coeliac, vegan & small appetites. Andre & Jane hope to welcome you soon to our home with our warm & friendly Lounge Bar; Peaceful Dining Room; Beer Patio; Relaxing Cosy Conservatory; Private Dining & Log Fire. Free house; fresh owners; fantastic food, fine wines, locally produced drinks & local real ales & lagers. Beautiful relaxed Cotswold country pub between Evesham & Pershore, near Wick & Fladbury, in the pretty village of Cropthorne, Vale of Evesham, Ancient orchards sweep down to the River Avon offering clear, unbroken views across the vale to the Malvern Hills in the distance.
Reviewed 11 June 2017

My family and I popped on her on the way back to Worcester for a late Sunday lunch. Lovely place inside, lovely atmosphere, clean and tidy. We had rung on ahead to book a table and we were told when we arrived which tables we could choose from that were available. Surprised at a previous review I read regarding customer service!! We found the customer service friendly, happy and attentive, without the feeling it was scripted. The young staff were happy, which in my book is a big plus, and they spoke and reponded genuinely when dealing with us, nothing was forced, just lovely helpful polite staff . One big positive for us was that our condiments, sauces etc., to suite our meals were brought to the table before the food arrived so as not to have to wait for them once the food was on the table , which I wish more establishments would do. Who wants to wait having their meals go cold whilst sauces etc are sorted?? We had a three year old and a 4 week baby with us and they took time to talk to our three year old and us, not just a polite 'is everything alright' but a genuine conversation. I understand the owners, Jane and Andre are reasonably new to the pub so I for one wish them well in everything they are doing to make the pub an even greater place to eat and drink. Although we live 10 miles away we will return because our food was gorgeous, hot, tasty and plenty of it for my son in law with a huge appetite. They even cater for the smaller appetites too so I had the smaller lunch which was plenty for me. Children could have anything on the menu but in child size portions. Definitely worth a visit, you don't know what you're missing, give it a try, we certainly will return.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My friend and I come here often, but our most recent visit was not up to its usual standard. The food was all as expected and the price remains very reasonable, we were just disappointed with the service.

We had our main food and then we were asked if we wanted pudding. We said no, but we would like a decaf coffee and a Diet Coke. We waiting for about 25 minutes and they still hadn't arrived. We asked a waitress who told us we couldn't have coffee as the machine had broken. Nobody had told us this and we were made to feel like we were being awkward- and I'm not sure how this effected the Diet Coke. The waitress then changed her mind and said oh decaf might be ok. Another 10 minute wait and our drinks came. My friend double checked it was decaf, this was a different waitress, and she rolled her eyes and said yes, no customer service at all. There were other small incidents, and we left feeling very let down by the service.

Date of visit: June 2017
The I, Owner at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Jess,

Many thanks for your comments.

I am very surprised and rather shocked to hear your comments. I take all feedback very seriously and I thank you for bringing this situation to my attention.
Can you please tell me when you ate here last week so that I can investigate further.

I am glad that you enjoyed the food but so dissapointed to hear that you did not experience friendly and efficient service.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Kindest regards,

Jane Burney

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We visited The Bell last night, and had the most amazing meal. Restaurant standard, not pub food at all, although this was available if we'd wanted it. Pork Belly - large portion and very good. Roe Deer - wow. All flavours were well thought out and worked so well together, everything perfected cooked. Clean plates all round! Staff were engaging and friendly. Well worth a visit and not just for Sunday lunch!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We have now lunched here four times, and have never been disappointed with the plentiful food and menu choices. We ate in the conservatory, which was pleasant and sunny. .We can thoroughly recommend this venue. Jane and Andre have worked hard with the renovation and updating of the décor and the pub itself. The garlic snails and smoked salmon starters were much appreciated, as were the follow up home made hamburgers.
We shall be back.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

So glad to have this lovely pub close to hand. The food is superb. Jane and all her front of house team are delightful. Andre's food is delicious and well worth waiting for. No fast food here! Strongly recommend the Sunday lunch. (Suggest you book though) I do have a particular weakness for the fish and chips too. I enjoy the fact that the puddings are not loaded with sugar so you indulge without too much guilt, however they don't mind you asking for a bit more sugar to sprinkle on to suit your taste. The ambiance is homely and cosy. I feel sure you won't be disappointed.