“Return visit”

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Cropthorne
Price range: US$4 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open midday 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays): Weekday lunch till 2.30 & supper from 5 till 8.30 with bar till 10; food all day Saturday (bar till 11), Sunday & Bank Holidays (closed at 8); Andre's menu of fresh, seasonal, produce sourced from select local farmers, gamekeepers & producers. Daily deliveries ensure enormous variety & flexibility of tasty home-made options for all dietary requirements : coeliac, vegan & small appetites. Andre & Jane hope to welcome you soon to our home with our warm & friendly Lounge Bar; Peaceful Dining Room; Beer Patio; Relaxing Cosy Conservatory; Private Dining & Log Fire. Free house; fresh owners; fantastic food, fine wines, locally produced drinks & local real ales & lagers. Beautiful relaxed Cotswold country pub between Evesham & Pershore, near Wick & Fladbury, in the pretty village of Cropthorne, Vale of Evesham, Ancient orchards sweep down to the River Avon offering clear, unbroken views across the vale to the Malvern Hills in the distance.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We originally visited this establishment just after the new owners had taken over. This was our much belated return visit. Bit disappointed that it wasn't very busy as it deserves to be. Welcomed by a very pleasant young man behind the bar who also took our order from a very good menu. Small but well appointed menu with several local game dishes to choose from. Service was good and food was well presented. We both chose the Sunday roast of local sourced beef. Generous helpings of meat and vegetables. Starters and desserts were also home made and delicious.
Two drawbacks for me was they no longer stock my favourite Doom Bar and on entering the bar was very cold but as soon as I mentioned the open fire was lit for me. Definitely another visit in the future.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Best food I've had at a local pub in years. Yes you may have to wait when they're busy but it's so worth it. Everyone in our large party was impressed with their meal and we can't wait to return. Hope your offering Christmas menu or maybe even Christmas day menu?
The atmosphere is cosy and comfortable, the staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming well done for bringing the bell inn back to fabulous and better. Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The food here is above average and there is a good choice. However, the service was diabolically bad. After 30 minutes waiting for starters two had to be asked for after another five minutes as they had completely forgotten them, and after another long wait the main courses arrived. OK - it was a busy weekend - but where were the extra staff? It's a shame that this happened as the food is so good, but I will not be returning.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This is very local to me and have eaten here often, delicious food and very friendly staff and I love the San Miguel on draft . great Sunday lunches !

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Enjoyed a midweek meal here with my wife for her birthday all very nice
Food cooked to order and all came back as ordered a rarity nowadays.
I would have given them 5 stars but for 2 slip ups,
1/ when serving cold drinks apply a beer mat underneath or you have a wet table and
2/ when serving a basket of garlic bread ( nicely presented) don't forget the plates that go with it, we all don't stuff it in our mouths in one go LOL.
Will I come back, Yes, I visited just before Christmas when the roof was off for repairs and sat around heaters and the food has improved even more since that visit, which I did not think possible .
So keep up the good work and remember that small details matter

1  Thank peterbak6