“Sunday lunch without the dog”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Cropthorne
Price range: US$4 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open midday 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays): Weekday lunch till 2.30 & supper from 5 till 8.30 with bar till 10; food all day Saturday (bar till 11), Sunday & Bank Holidays (closed at 8); Andre's menu of fresh, seasonal, produce sourced from select local farmers, gamekeepers & producers. Daily deliveries ensure enormous variety & flexibility of tasty home-made options for all dietary requirements : coeliac, vegan & small appetites. Andre & Jane hope to welcome you soon to our home with our warm & friendly Lounge Bar; Peaceful Dining Room; Beer Patio; Relaxing Cosy Conservatory; Private Dining & Log Fire. Free house; fresh owners; fantastic food, fine wines, locally produced drinks & local real ales & lagers. Beautiful relaxed Cotswold country pub between Evesham & Pershore, near Wick & Fladbury, in the pretty village of Cropthorne, Vale of Evesham, Ancient orchards sweep down to the River Avon offering clear, unbroken views across the vale to the Malvern Hills in the distance.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My wife visited the Bell with her friends and enjoyed the meal. We decided to try for sunday lunch as it had been some time since we visited the Bell. We were not disappointed, every thing from the welcome to the choice of meal was enjoyable. Good food well presented plus a good choice to drink.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank james b

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Just had a lovely meal with good friends. Great food and service all for a very reasonable price too

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Very pleased with our family Saturday dinner. Great service, caring owners/chef and amiable bar/waiting team. Food was very tasty across our three dinners and daughter enjoyed her crumble. Draught beer very drinkable.
Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Bizarrely, I'd probably give a more favourable review if the staff were less attentive. It was difficult to get a mouthful of food down between being asked if everything was ok. I'm not exaggerating when I say I was asked a dozen times if my food was ok.

Aside from that, we went on a Sunday and the Sunday menu was had by all. I was told the chicken was very fatty and I don't even how you'd manage that. Nothing about the food served to me (beef) amazed or disappointed me.

Decent ale selection, didn't try the wines.

Enjoyed my time there to a point, but won't hurry back.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My Mum and brother were visiting the area and I promised my Mum a belated Sunday lunch. Looking for options in or around Pershore for families as I have two young children this one stood out. I was able to book a table over the phone easily enough.

Upon arrival our booking was quickly confirmed and we were shown to our table, the drinks order was taken quickly and menus provided. Good beer (Purity - Mad Goose).

We ordered our food all opting for Sunday roasts, they do small sizes for children and even a small adult portion which was ideal for my Mum as she's not a big eater. The kids & my Mum had chicken, and the rest of us had beef or lamb. Unusually those of us having beef or lamb were also asked as to how we wanted our meat, i.e. well done to rare, which is unusual with a roast as you usually just get it how ever it comes.

The food arrived promptly and met expectations, I'd arrived feeling pretty ravenous having earlier completed the Worcester 10k Run so the three thick slices of beef along with roast spuds, roast veg and a decent yorkie were very welcomed. The roasts came with a generous bowl of veg (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and unusually chard) and some mashed swede, plenty to go around. The food was very good and filling, just what I was after!

My only criticisms, and they're small ones, is that despite having plenty of food I'd have liked a few more roast potatoes mostly because I love them, two seems a bit stingy perhaps, and my wife said she would have liked a bit more gravy, maybe a jug of it on the side. Like I say though these were minor things and really didn't spoil the meal.

During the meal we were asked a few times if we were enjoying the food / if everything was ok, perhaps a bit too much but then I'd rather it this way round than being ignored!

We finished the mains and ordered some desserts, again excellent, all home made with a choice of custard, cream or ice cream. The kids wanted ice cream and the pub stocks an excellent selection from the local Churchfields ice cream farm with a separate menu for the ice cream flavours. Really full after a rhubarb crumble and some rather good custard.

Really enjoyed the meal and I'm sure we'll be back. Good service, friendly staff / owners and very good value too.