“Nice Spot for a Drink”

Stonewood Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 355 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Higgins Rd
Description: The perfect balance between a classic restaurant and a great bar!Extensive 70 item menu featuring wood grilled specialties of Burgers, BBQ Ribs, Steaks, Chicken, and Fresh Seafood, as well as Prime Rib, Pastas, Salads and Sandwiches.Warm casual atmosphere features wood walls, cultured stone fireplaces and lots of booth seating.If you’re looking to unwind or relax with friends, The Stonewood Ale House is just the place for you. Our large bar area has a wide selection of over 100 ice cold draft, bottles and can beers featuring a large selection of craft beers. Also available is an extensive list of wines, martinis and specialty drinks. Bar and Dining room open late every night.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My boyfriend and I went to the Ale House one Friday night because it's practically right around the corner from our apartment. No one greeted us when we came in, which isn't a big deal, so we just grabbed seats at the bar. They have some really great drink and food specials here. It wasn't crowded at all, and there were some nice people at the bar that we were able to chat with.

You can tell that they are still in the process of working out some of the kinks, having opened up not too long ago. Our bartender was great, he was upfront that there were some items that they didn't have on the menu (which is nice to hear before you get your heart set on something). The burger I had was delicious as were the fried pickles!! On a more random note: I wasn't a huge fan of what the waitresses were wearing. They all have on these black and white referee jersey's, which doesn't really seem to fit with the atmosphere. Perhaps that's why a lot of them didn't look exactly thrilled to be there....

All in all, it was a great night, looking forward to coming back again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Our group of 4 went for dinner and the hockey game. We made reservations before 6pm to guarantee a table and it worked perfectly. We had a drink from the large selection at the bar then sat down to our table at our convenience. The food and service was great and we look forward to enjoying another evening here.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Visiting family we decided to have a late lunch. We were a party of 9 aging from 29-88. We were seated at a nice big table in the back of the restaurant so we were free to talk, laugh and move around. Our server handled our group very well including double checking with the kitchen on ingredients to accommodate food allergies. We all ordered different burgers, but the favorites were the turkey burgers with bacon and the mushroom burger. All are huge! The fries were perfectly seasoned and crispy. Those who had the fried pickles as an appetizer said they were very good with the dipping sauce and served piping hot. We had a great experience and would certainly return.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stonewood is one of our favorite late-night dining spots, open hours later than most places, with a varied menu, great service, plenty of seating and nice for the guys if they want to watch sport events.
My favorites are their veggie burgers or turkey burgers, with your choice of breads and prepared any way they dress a regular burger. The rest of our party had Patty Melt, Shrimp Dinner, Chopped Salad, plus onion soup and chicken soup, and everyone was happy! Appetizers were large and good; we had the potato skins and "frickles"......fun! Dessert was really good...this visit we had the enormous slice of Apple pie with vanilla ice cream....great!
Sometimes it gets loud, but who cares? I'm there to eat, usually after 9pm, and am always satisfied with my meal!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We went for lunch - my friend had a turkey reuben and I had the fish and chips. I was surprised when the food was delivered in less that 5 minutes after we ordered. and even more surprised that my fish was cold. I flagged down the waitress and she replaced my meal with one that was hot, but by that time my friend had already finished her sandwich. I doubt that we will be back.