“Delicious food great service”

Stonewood Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 347 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Higgins Rd
Description: The perfect balance between a classic restaurant and a great bar!Extensive 70 item menu featuring wood grilled specialties of Burgers, BBQ Ribs, Steaks, Chicken, and Fresh Seafood, as well as Prime Rib, Pastas, Salads and Sandwiches.Warm casual atmosphere features wood walls, cultured stone fireplaces and lots of booth seating.If you’re looking to unwind or relax with friends, The Stonewood Ale House is just the place for you. Our large bar area has a wide selection of over 100 ice cold draft, bottles and can beers featuring a large selection of craft beers. Also available is an extensive list of wines, martinis and specialty drinks. Bar and Dining room open late every night.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The food here is excellent. I had a burger and it was great. The service was great as well; our server was very kind and patient with a toddler in our group who was havkng a bad day. Ambience was very good as well.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came in mid-evening for a light but late dinner after arriving in Schaumburg for a conference. The non-chain nature was attractive, as I like to visit something other than the ordinary. Despite Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals, it was not overly full. We were seated quickly by a friendly staff. Our server was friendly & efficient. I did not sample there excellent beer selection but they had a wide variety on draught and equally great bottled selections. The food was great with large portions sizes, come hungry. Great viewing of sporting events throughout the restaurant. A great option if you're in the area. I would definitely visit again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I recently downloaded this app and I'm reviewing some of my favorite places. Stonewood has always been one of my favorite bars to drop into after work. The ambiance is comfortable, the staff is friendly, the drinks are delicious, and the patio is an awesome place to decompress with a drink and a cigarette after a long shift. On game nights, it's packed and the energy is high, a great option over places like Bdubs. Food is awesome if not a little pricy, but quality none the less (your wings or nachoes aren't dripping grease all over you). Try some of the local beers or their alcoholic root beer, it's strong and tasty!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have been a few times and just keep finding my way back. The food is good, pretty casual with TV's to watch the game if you are interested.
The service has always been great, not obtrusive but available and around. You don't have to go searching for someone to help you, answer a question or get you a refill. They all seem to work together.
Food is good, nice size entrees for lunch.

Have met up with girlfriends, couples and have taken business associates. Good for all of the above. Chopped Salad, BBQ Chicken Salad, pulled pork sandwich and blackened Tilapia sandwich are a few of my favorites.

Now I am hungry and just made plans to go again tomorrow. Look forward to a good meal!

1  Thank Kneadsdough
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I have been coming here since they opened, about 9 years ago. We dine here on average about once a week, so we've probably been here 400 times or so, and only on a couple of those occasions it was mediocre, it's almost always very good. It starts with Management (Bradley especially) and their consistency and desire for high quality at every facet of the restaurant, mind you this is a very casual place serving comfort food, so it's refreshing and unusual that a casual place has such high standards. Management is particular in who they hire; they hire very professional hard working servers who make you feel at home, we've gotten to know many of them well.
The ambiance is fantastic with fireplaces and a northern lodge feel, and around the Holiday's they string white lights around the perimeter of the bar area, and it subtly adds such a warm glow to the room it just makes you feel warm and comfortable. The audio system is another outstanding feature to Stonewood. Instead of a few large speakers playing moderate to loud volumes which can overpower conversation and make the room “noisy” as people raise their voices to compensate, they have many small speakers throughout the place and the volume can be low enough so it provides some nice background music but does not overpower the ability to converse, it’s one of my favorite things about the place. Who wants to go out with people and not be able to have a conversation?!?
The food is simply great! Not ever had a bad meal here, everything on the menu my wife and I have ordered has been great. From wings (hot are my favorite here), to burgers, to pot roast, to beer can chicken, to ribs (awesome!), and don’t forget the Prime Rib (Wednesday through Saturday)! Our meals have always been consistently great.
The beer selection is outstanding, many beers on tap, and the pour is always nice and cold and fresh. They also have many different kinds of bottled beers, and even some cans of PBR to round out the northern lodge feel.
Overall, not much else to say except this is one of the longest standing restaurants in Schaumburg, which is a very highly competitive market, especially in the comfort food arena, many have come and gone since Stonewood opened. Evidence I don’t think I am alone in my opinion. If you want to have a great casual meal with friends and/or family, I don’t think this place can be beat!