“Very good food.”

Stonewood Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 356 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Higgins Rd
Description: The perfect balance between a classic restaurant and a great bar!Extensive 70 item menu featuring wood grilled specialties of Burgers, BBQ Ribs, Steaks, Chicken, and Fresh Seafood, as well as Prime Rib, Pastas, Salads and Sandwiches.Warm casual atmosphere features wood walls, cultured stone fireplaces and lots of booth seating.If you’re looking to unwind or relax with friends, The Stonewood Ale House is just the place for you. Our large bar area has a wide selection of over 100 ice cold draft, bottles and can beers featuring a large selection of craft beers. Also available is an extensive list of wines, martinis and specialty drinks. Bar and Dining room open late every night.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at this restaurant. Had 2 kids with us and they liked the children's menu. I had french onion soup that was good and my husband had a salmon salad that was really excellent. My older grandson had jambalaya, which was to spicy for him. I had some of it and it was good but heavy on the heat. They have god beer and wine on the menu. The service was good. I would eat there again if I were passing thru Shaumburg. Great food for a good price.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Four guys ate here after a day at Arlington Park. Two of us had burgers, one had a turkey burger, and one had the pot roast sandwich. All of us thought the food was outstanding. The burgers were cooked perfectly as ordered and come with a choice of fries, chips, onion strings, or tater tots, plus some other choices. This was one of the best burgers I have ever had and THE best, by far, tater tots I've ever tasted. I would very highly recommend Stonewood for a really good casual meal. Lots of beer choices and TV's for any sporting events as well.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was so impressed with all of the servers at this restaurant that I asked to speak to the manager just to compliment him!

The atmosphere is also SO relaxing and inviting!

I would recommend this place if you are looking for a nice meal.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Horrible...... They claim the flavor comes from the wood. That sweet nasty potent flavor obviousely comes from some type of marination and taste bad and covers the natural beef over fire flavor. Very expensive for masked steak. It is cheaper to buy a fat t- bone and cook it yourself. Absolutely horrible steak house.

1  Thank Ascrappy
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Located behind the frontage Mall in Schaumburg and off the main drag it was no obvious to the casual visitor. But I am glad I found it.

I was surprised by the size of the space. The parking lot was almost full, but when I entered there were plenty of people, but also plenty of places for me to sit. While it was June, I was reminded of a lodge in the mountains with a big fireplace, plenty of stone work, and lots of hardwood.

The menu had a little of everything, and the pretzel appetizer was yummy. I decided to try the jumbo shrimp. They were good, and served hot with a nice side of fries and cole slaw.

All in all a good meal, good service, and worth a visit. I will go back.