“Beware of hard bed”

Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good location, easy run from the airport. Mall and lots of restaurants near by.
Everything else was standard Hilton Garden Inn. Clean , good value, well kept & quiet.
Now for the bad news...
The bed was rock hard, it was as hard as concrete fortified with diamonds.
When I was checking out I mentioned this to the friendly desk clerks. One cheerfully told me that all the beds in the Hilton chain are adjustable. She then pointed to a display card on the far end of the counter. Way down at the end. I suggested to her that that perhaps the display might be a bit more helpful in the middle of the counter, where the customers are? Apparently she agreed, as she moved it to the center.
What I want to know is why this rather nice feature isn't advertised more prominently? Maybe a card in the room? Something!! Why is this such a secret?
We passed on the breakfast because the offerings looked stale and unappealing. The English muffins & bagels were tiny and shriveled looking Maybe this was an off day?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimpleMan S
Taylor M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear SimpleMan

I appreciate your honest feedback. Everything is noteworthy to us and taken into consideration to remember to do better the next time. I apologize for the failure on our part to inform you of our Garden Sleep System. It'd behoove all the staff to always let that fact be known since our beds are uniquely designed for all Hilton Garden Inns. Our sign is, now, located right in front of our check in computers for all guests to see, so your feedback was definitely put into good use. On a good note, I'm happy you were satisfied with the location and the upkeep of our facility. I do hope to see you soon and maybe we can talk more about the Choose Your Snooze option.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel was located great / close to the Woodfield mall and not a bad drive downtown Chicago which was what we were looking for. Hotel rate was good - breakfast a little pricey for family trip. We had 4 guest in the room but there was only 2 bath towels in the room. There was an issue with the elevator which caused a backup sometimes Overall a good experience

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nicole C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and enjoyed the area and conveniences. I apologize that during your visit with us we had issues with the elevators. I am glad to say that issue has been resolved. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well situated for anyone doing business in the North West Suburbs. Highway is very close by, but not close enough that traffic noise affects the hotel.

Woodfield Mall is practically within walking distance, not in the winter months though.

Breakfast is grab and dash really, but it's sufficient.

Staff are highly professional and very attentive.

Reasonably priced and I would recommend. You do have various other hotels in the immediate area, but if you haven't stayed here, give it a try.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear LGWATCHER

Thank you for joining us at the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg. Glad to hear you enjoyed our close proximity to the highway, mall, and our staff attentively took good care of you. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

we've stayed at this hotel on several occasions. It's always been clean and a good value. This was the first time we ever had a bad night's sleep...couldn't get comfortable in the bed, and the cooling system just couldn't seem to keep the room cool. I had to keep cranking it down most of the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Richard

FIrst I want to thank you for your continued loyalty to our property. I'm happy you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the facility and the value of the room. Next, I would like to apologize for missing a beat this stay around. It's unfortunate when you can't get comfortable when trying to sleep. Hopefully you allow us to redeem ourselves soon with your next visit.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The Hilton Garden Inn are some of the best places you can stay while visiting Chicago, Illinois. I shouldn't share this with the readers because I feel it's such a great get away place to go on a weekend trip that it seems I'm giving away a bit too much information about my playground. Oh well, what's life if you can't share it with someone? Twenty minutes from Chicago and all of the food and fun that goes with it. Or if you decide not to go any place then there's the Woodfield Mall next door with a great comedy club that feature all of the great comedians known. The hotel landscape is always clean and presteen . This hotel just relaxes you with its rooms, pool, and employees. I always pick one of the Hilton's in Schaumburg because of this relationship I have with them and Chicago. You will thank me later.
Robert M. (Omega Psi Phi) STL

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert M

Dear Robert

WOW! What a stellar review! Thank so you so much for your kind words of our staff and facility. We work hard to ensure 100% satisfaction and appreciation such as this makes it all worth while. I'm happy you're able to enjoy our hotel and the surrounding attractions. Next time you're in the Schaumburg area, you know who you can count on for a relaxing trip!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We can always count on the Schaumburg Hilton Garden Inn for a comfortable and great experience. From the minute we arrive until we leave, all staff are friendly, the entire establishment is spotless and we feel we get a great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Julie

It's great to hear that you've been so loyal to not only the Hilton brand, but the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg property, in particular. It makes me feel good to know you always enjoy yourself from arrival to departure. My staff will continue to welcome you with warm smiles and send you off with fond memories of your trip here at the HGI. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Fast service, got checked in and out quickly. Clean room. Easily adjustable thermostat. Came in for a simple get away with my boyfriend, he likes the room cold while he sleeps and the room did indeed get very cold. It had a pretty nice TV. and the room was nice and quiet. Okay location, close to the mall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Megan

We're glad we could be your destination for a quick getaway. I'm glad our fast service, easy check in and out experience and clean rooms were to your satisfaction. Especially the in-room thermostat so you and your boyfriend could sleep comfortably. I hope you guys can visit us soon!