“Legoland package”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Legoland package”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We got the Legoland package and stayed on the 6th floor. The lobby is very modern and done very well. The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. The room was spotless and the beds are comfortable (you can adjust firmness). I also appreciate the nice shower head---so many hotels have the "locker room" shower heads and it is the first thing I look for. I also like that the room has a microwave and fridge and Whole Foods is just down the street. The keurig was also a pleasant surprise.

With free parking and wifi in the rooms, this was a great deal. The wifi took a couple times to log on (smartphones and ipod). We did not bring our laptops. The pool is quite small, but the kids enjoyed it. You can also see the pool while working out which is nice to keep an eye on the kids as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Taylor M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear ExportLove

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg as your home away from home, if only for just a night. We appreciate the time you’ve spent completing this review. We are 100% committed to improving our service, so we love to hear any feedback that can be provided. It helps us to know what we’re doing right, for continued satisfaction, and on the off-chance we do something wrong, what we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable.

Legoland is one of our big attractions in the area. It's so much fun for the kiddies. I'm glad to hear you and your family enjoyed yourself with us, it was our pleasure to have you. Nothing beats good service and clean rooms, after all, it's what your paying for and expect, right? I'm happy we met your expectations and I definitely look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Jackson, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Upon entrance to the hotel the desk staff was welcoming. The hotel was clean and fresh smelling. The bed was not comfortable and I felt there should be a choice of pillow type. Room was spacious (king bed) and comfortable. Enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave with it individual station. Amenities available were fairly numerous.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Pricilla H:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for your recent stay with us. We genuinely appreciate all feedback, as it helps us to understand what we're doing right, and what we could improve on. Based on your review, it seems as everything went well, except for your choice in pillows. We have goose feather down pillows and hypo-allergenic micro fiber pillows in all of the rooms, I'm so sorry that you were uncomfortable during your stay. We are absolutely committed to making sure every guest is 100% satisfied and I regret that we failed to do so for you. Hopefully on your next visit to Schaumburg, you will give us another chance to get it right. Please feel free to contact me for any future reservations.

Hilton Worldwide
224-5206954
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a double queen room, and you may never notice this if you are sleeping alone but I shared a bed with my 9-year-old daughter and it seemed as if the sheets and comforter were smaller than standard sizes (we are both of average height and weight). I've never seen anything like this. Skimpy in size and also not nearly heavy enough. My family wanted the a/c to stay on 70, which is where it was when we arrived, and the comforter and sheets were not warm enough.

WiFi seemed non-existent. My husband is a Hilton Diamond rewards member, and I tried numerous times unsuccessfully to log onto wifi. Well it may have worked eventually, but it was taking far too long so I gave up. This is our 3rd hotel in 3 nights (check my reviews) and I didn't have any of these problems at either the full service Hilton or the Wingate, which is also limited-service like Hilton Garden Inn. I would definitely go with Wingate next time.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jessica,

It is unfortunate that you felt your trip with us was less than satisfying. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences with the blankets and your internet service. We're constantly trying to update the internet to attempt to get the best service possible.I truly hope this does not hinder your option to stay with us in the near future. If you are ever in the Schaumburg area, give us another chance to get it right. Give me a call or shoot me an e-mail for your next reservation; we'll be sure to add extra blankets in your room.

224-520-6954
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Overall stay was good, very satisfied. Really nice area to stay in the chicago area. Close enough to downtown without downtown feel. About an hour away from downtown during rush hour and 20 minutes during normal traffic times.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Taylor M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Derrick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope to meet you the next time your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you again and see you soon!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel Staff was pretty good. One of the desk clerks was busy chatting with a co-worker rather than taking care of the counter, however, once the situation was realized, the staff member apologized and took care of our question. Great location if you are staying in the suburbs. Loved the room.Would stay again, no questions asked. Carpet in Hallways seems dated, but if that's all I have to complain about, I need a life and it's a good place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. Howard H

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time with us! It was a pleasure having you. We'll be thrilled to have you come back to visit, no questions asked ;-)

Please fell free to contact me for any future reservations/

224-520-6954
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a great location. Close to everything that Schaumburg has to offer. Always stay at this hotel when in town. You won't be disappointed and walking distance to many places if you chose.... HGI rarely do not deliver.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Taylor M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Sjwiden

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to not only the brand, but our property. I'm glad you always enjoy yourself here and take advantage of the cool attractions in our neighborhood. I look forward to seeing you soon!
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I usually stay at the Doubletree in Schaumburg but this week was unavailable so I gave this Garden Inn a shot.

Checkin: No HHonors upgrade (Not unusual for a Garden Inn).

Room: Clean, Comfortable and equipped with a microwave and small fridge.

Fitness Center: Treadmills and Free Weight Dumbbells up to 50 lbs. Hot tub and Small Pool.

Breakfast: Free for HHonors Gold or above, $11.95 for everyone else. Service is not great although they do come around with the check and make small talk in hopes of a tip.

Overall, this is a nice hotel. They cater to corporate conferences so you might see high traffic in the lobby or hotel bar if they have events going on (Every night I was there).

Dear nscoo7

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg. Even though you usually don't stay at our property, we appreciate the loyalty to the Hilton brand. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself during your recent stay with us. I hope HGI's are now on your radar as an option for your lodging needs.

Thank you again!