“Great room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Troy, United States
“Great room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The room was very large and very clean! The hotel staff was friendly. The location was close to everything Schaumburg has to offer. The lobby was impressive for a small hotel and coffee was available 24/7!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Taylor M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Patricia R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, it was our pleasure having you. I'm glad to see you liked the spaciousness of the room and the staff was friendly for your duration. The location is a big part of our sales pitch, we're so close to almost all the Schaumburg goodies. As for the coffee, everyone needs a caffeine fix so why not make it available 24/7? We're here for you and make it our mission to deliver outstanding service. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a very good hotel. The Sleep Number bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is pretty new and the shower is nice. It is a little small and the way the door opens out (which is a little strange but actually makes sense).

The room is decent sized but could be slightly wider. The staff is very good. The lobby looks SO MUCH BETTER than the nearly DoubleTree and Embassy Suites which are supposed to be of higher class.

Breakfast is cooked pretty quickly although the servers seem somewhat disorganized - they always seem to be walking around finding the home for the food.

The one huge negative for those who travel a lot is that this hotel seems to opt out of the HHonors promotions - at least for 2Q and 3Q 2014. That means no double points! I guess they really don't need to promote as they are pretty full and highly ranked on Tripadvisor...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Taylor M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Want2GoHome,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg as your home away from home, if only for just a night. We appreciate the time you’ve spent completing this review. We are 100% committed to improving our service, so we love to hear any feedback that can be provided. It helps us to know what we’re doing right, for continued satisfaction, and on the off-chance we do something wrong, what we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and liked our recent refreshed lobby area. I appreciate your observation of our breakfast staff. We are working hard to improve, everyday, so we'll definitely work on tightening that aspect up for your next visit with us. If needed, please give me a call to make future reservations.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We got the Legoland package and stayed on the 6th floor. The lobby is very modern and done very well. The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. The room was spotless and the beds are comfortable (you can adjust firmness). I also appreciate the nice shower head---so many hotels have the "locker room" shower heads and it is the first thing I look for. I also like that the room has a microwave and fridge and Whole Foods is just down the street. The keurig was also a pleasant surprise.

With free parking and wifi in the rooms, this was a great deal. The wifi took a couple times to log on (smartphones and ipod). We did not bring our laptops. The pool is quite small, but the kids enjoyed it. You can also see the pool while working out which is nice to keep an eye on the kids as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear ExportLove

Legoland is one of our big attractions in the area. It's so much fun for the kiddies. I'm glad to hear you and your family enjoyed yourself with us, it was our pleasure to have you. Nothing beats good service and clean rooms, after all, it's what your paying for and expect, right? I'm happy we met your expectations and I definitely look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jackson, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Upon entrance to the hotel the desk staff was welcoming. The hotel was clean and fresh smelling. The bed was not comfortable and I felt there should be a choice of pillow type. Room was spacious (king bed) and comfortable. Enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave with it individual station. Amenities available were fairly numerous.

Dear Pricilla H:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey for your recent stay with us. We genuinely appreciate all feedback, as it helps us to understand what we're doing right, and what we could improve on. Based on your review, it seems as everything went well, except for your choice in pillows. We have goose feather down pillows and hypo-allergenic micro fiber pillows in all of the rooms, I'm so sorry that you were uncomfortable during your stay. We are absolutely committed to making sure every guest is 100% satisfied and I regret that we failed to do so for you. Hopefully on your next visit to Schaumburg, you will give us another chance to get it right. Please feel free to contact me for any future reservations.

Hilton Worldwide
224-5206954
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a double queen room, and you may never notice this if you are sleeping alone but I shared a bed with my 9-year-old daughter and it seemed as if the sheets and comforter were smaller than standard sizes (we are both of average height and weight). I've never seen anything like this. Skimpy in size and also not nearly heavy enough. My family wanted the a/c to stay on 70, which is where it was when we arrived, and the comforter and sheets were not warm enough.

WiFi seemed non-existent. My husband is a Hilton Diamond rewards member, and I tried numerous times unsuccessfully to log onto wifi. Well it may have worked eventually, but it was taking far too long so I gave up. This is our 3rd hotel in 3 nights (check my reviews) and I didn't have any of these problems at either the full service Hilton or the Wingate, which is also limited-service like Hilton Garden Inn. I would definitely go with Wingate next time.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jessica,

It is unfortunate that you felt your trip with us was less than satisfying. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences with the blankets and your internet service. We're constantly trying to update the internet to attempt to get the best service possible.I truly hope this does not hinder your option to stay with us in the near future. If you are ever in the Schaumburg area, give us another chance to get it right. Give me a call or shoot me an e-mail for your next reservation; we'll be sure to add extra blankets in your room.

Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Overall stay was good, very satisfied. Really nice area to stay in the chicago area. Close enough to downtown without downtown feel. About an hour away from downtown during rush hour and 20 minutes during normal traffic times.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Taylor M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Derrick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope to meet you the next time your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you again and see you soon!
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel Staff was pretty good. One of the desk clerks was busy chatting with a co-worker rather than taking care of the counter, however, once the situation was realized, the staff member apologized and took care of our question. Great location if you are staying in the suburbs. Loved the room.Would stay again, no questions asked. Carpet in Hallways seems dated, but if that's all I have to complain about, I need a life and it's a good place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. Howard H

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time with us! It was a pleasure having you. We'll be thrilled to have you come back to visit, no questions asked ;-)

Please fell free to contact me for any future reservations/