“Pleasant stay and great location”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Sidney OH
“Pleasant stay and great location”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Very nice 4-star hotel with clean spacious rooms, bathroom was small but adequate and the shower made up for the lack of space. Wonderful rainfall considering we stayed on the fourth floor. Fitness area is quite large in relation to other hotels. 5 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, weights, a couple of recumbent bikes. Small but nice indoor lap pool, outdoor pool weather permitting. Staff was very pleasant and accomodating. Right across from Woodfield Mall and close to some nice places to dine. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hoodwinked1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Essex
Reviewed 6 May 2011

My husband and myself stayed at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield in Schaumberg last summer (sorry so very late, catching up with reviews!).
We were in Chicago for 4 nights and this hotel was a great base, we hired a car and the hotel had free parking, with space for loads of cars.
We drove to central Chicago two days and parked quite cheaply in the centre (approx £20 for the day).
The Hyatt was clean and modern. Huge confortable beds. Great lobby area with a small pool, which I thought was adaquate for the hotel.
We didn't eat at the hotel as we found much better value in the surrounding area, The Olive Garden opposite the hotel was a favourite.
Location was great, The Woodfield Mall was across the road, or a 3 minute drive, which we found a fantastic place to shop for Hollister/Abercrombie etc.
Another bonus of the Mall being so close was there being a Cheesecake Factory there, always a bonus!!
There was also a few shops within walking distance to the hotel, I think Old Navy and similar factory shop.
Our room was clean and of a good size, bathroom was a very small, but we managed.... fantastic soaps/shampoos etc and all replaced daily.
If/when I re-vist Chicago I think I would stay in Schaumberg again at the Hyatt, I really rated the area, fantastic restaurants and I felt we were more in the real America than Central Chiago.

Room Tip: Great Hotel, I loved the area
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank franandhow
Caledonia, Michigan
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Stayed two nights in mid April 2011. Room was clean and well appointed. Wifi was slower than dial-up. Drink prices at the hotel bar were priced as if you were staying downtown Chicago, not Schaumburg. Food in the restaurant was good. The worst thing was the business center charged a minimum of $7.50 for 15 minutes of internet access, and to print a boarding pass cost $1.00/page. Have never ran into this before.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
HRWoodfield, Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, the comments you share allow us to focus on areas for improvement. I understand the frustration you had with the internet, and based on similar comments we had received, we have recently upgraded our internet service with a new provider. This change will eliminate the issues you faced with the speed. Please also know that the next time you stay with us I invite you to use the FastBoard amenity located at the front desk, which allows you to print your boarding pass at no charge. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon!
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Based on reviews here on TA, I booked this hotel while in the Schaumburg neighborhood this past week. This hotel is lovely. It's a smaller sized property, which makes it easy to "get around" but has all the amenities that you could want, including a pool (I didn't use it, but it was there and available!). The hotel even offers shuttle service to the mall, which is a 5 min. walk across the street, so you can avoid the weather.

The room was lovely and everything looked brand new. The "open" shower was unexpected and a smart way to utilize a smaller sized bathroom. I had a great experience with everything from the comfy bed, the excellent water pressure and temperatures, to the courteous staff -- and all at a super low rate!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank savetheredheads
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I recently traveled to Illinois for business and after a bad hotel experience the night before, I booked a stay at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield in Schaumberg, Illinois. This hotel was excellent. It was beautifully appointed, contemporary, fresh, had great food, a coffee bar. The rooms were large, nicely adorned, and well lit. On a sub zero night in Illinois, I was warm and got a great night's sleep...I would highly recommend for business or leisure travel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank NMskies62
Missouri, Missouri
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We stayed in this Hyatt for a weekend getaway to Chicago. It was in the middle of all the shopping places in Schaumburg. I was afraid when I saw the outside of the hotel - wasn't sure if it was going to be nice. The inside was beautiful. Our room was very clean, modern, and comfy. Our bed had very nice linens. We had a beautiful sofa, bathroom, and the carpet still smelled new. We will use this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank msrobins
Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I just returned from a one night stay with my four year old son. The property is located close to everything you could need. We had perfect access to Rainforest Cafe for dinner, Panera for breakfast, Legoland for entertainment, and Wildfire for lunch.

The room was nicely appointed with everything we needed and the bed was comfortable. We used the pool two times and found the area to be fairly clean (only complaint was a hairball floating). They had plenty of towels available. I did not use the fitness facility, but it appeared to be nicer than average for a hotel.

Overall we had a great experience and would be glad to return in the future!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family