“The staff make all the difference”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Chicago, Illinois
“The staff make all the difference”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This review is well overdue, but I feel it necessary to share our thoughts about our very comfortable stays at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg. This was the 3rd time we stayed at this hotel this year and have been staying here for the past 10 years. It would be fair to stay the reason we return is the service and staff at the hotel and the fresh restaurant. We have had the pleasure to receive warm welcomes from the fantastic friendly and competent staff at the restaurant. Andrew, Maria, Juan, Jose, James, and the chef Manual are very kind and always make us feel welcomed. The wait know what we wish to order before we order. They add a special touch to the kids breakfast when possible and welcome us with a friendly smile every time. The breakfast buffet is delicious with many options of fresh fruits and baked treats.

The reason for this review is to share how a hiccup was turned into a yet another positive stay. We usually book two joining rooms at the hyatt to best accommodate our family. Given the number of stays we have had at this hotel, some errors in reservations are anticipated. Unfortunately this last stay was one of those stays, after a long drive to the hotel, we were informed that one of our rooms was cancelled for some unknown reason. We were offered two rooms that weren't joining. This was not acceptable to us. After the initial conversation with the check in staff, we asked to speak to a manager. I had the pleasure to speak to Adam Molchanov. Understanding our request and situation, Adam took the initiative to locate us the adjoining rooms that we required. He was very pleasant and very considerate with brilliant customer service skills. He was able to turn a frustrating situation into yet another pleasant stay. We are looking forward to our next stay at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
First, we would like to apologize once again for the challenges that you encountered at check-in. We are pleased to know that management was able to quickly resolve any issues and provide you with the best possible accommodations for your stay. As a loyal guest to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, we are thrilled to know that we can continue to impress you with our services. Your kind recognition of our Fresh 1800 staff members is appreciated and will be passed along to our team. It is always a pleasure to see you at our hotel and we look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I wouldn't stay here for holiday/vacation, but for the business trip I was on, this hotel was just great. The rooms are really spacious, well appointed with some nice amenities and the extra benefit of free bottled water which was refreshed daily. The hotel reception is huge with nice sofa areas. The bar is good with TV's etc. etc. I had access to the small lounge which I used for breakfast - it was a small selection but varied which was good. The rooms were really quiet too which I'm always thankful for. The courtesy bus is also a great help for me to get to the office and back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
It was a pleasure to accommodate you during your business trip. We are always delighted when our guests take full advantage of our complimentary shuttle during their stay. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit with us for leisure, as we are located only a few miles from the best sights and attractions in Chicago. Thank you for sharing your gracious comments and impressions of the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I've just arrived at the Hyatt after an 8hr flight only to be checked into a room where a family were already staying. It was quite embarrasing trying to use my card keys to get into an already occupied room at 9pm at night only to hear a little voice whispering in fear, "Mommy there's someone trying to get in". Having to do the long walk of shame back to the front desk twice in one night wasn't the best welcome. Hope they fix their systems!

• Stayed September 2013
On behalf of our staff, please accept my sincere apologies for any frustrations that you felt at this time. Your feedback has been well noted and your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments. As we further investigate this concern. We assure you that the necessary improvements will be made before your next visit. Thank you.
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My flight was cancelled and this was one of the choices I was given from United's discount travel voucher. The front desk was good. They secured me a cab for my 5:30am depature to get back to O'Hare. The shower was adequate & I did like the look of the sink countertop. Bed was comfy and the room was quiet.

There was a toy soldier convention going on on my floor. That as interesting, but I certainly didn't engage with anyone for fear of attracking a creeper. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Despite the unfortunate circumstances with your flight, we are happy that you found your way to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. Located only a few miles from the Chicago O'Hare International Airport, it is always our pleasure to secure our guests with transportation for their early departures. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you'll choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed for one night this past weekend for a staycation. I booked via Priceline and got a great deal, so I was looking forward to staying here. I called the morning of my stay to inquire about a king bed and was assured one would be available when I checked in. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told it was booked completely and had to make due with a double. Okay... well, I can adapt I suppose. At check-in, was told a refridgerator in my room would cost me ten bucks. Okay... fine. Had some perishables and really had no way of getting around this. Then my credit card was charged 3 seperate holds for a one night stay (luckily my bank reversed those ASAP). Moving along. Got to our room and saw an empty glass sitting in the hallway outside our door. ...Ew. Got into our room, not so bad. Free wi-fi because of my Hilton Gold Passport. Okay, cool.

Went down to the bar, had two shots of whiskey. 16 bucks. Ouch. Went back up to our room, another dirty glass on the floor of the hallway.

Early morning wakeup from housekeeping knocking on the door around 8am. Not fun. Had a privacy placard in the door, but either it got knocked out or the maid ignored it because the knocking was insistent and annoying.

Went to take a shower, and was appalled to see how dirt stained the floor of the tub was. Also, there was a disgusting clump of hair behind the toilet. Cleaning was subpar at best there.

All in all, I won't stay at this property again. Would much rather stay at one of the other hotels, as they seem to be a bit more about caring about their guests. Basically the difference I saved on Priceline, I made up in paying for all the extras at this property. Ugh.

Room Tip: Register for a gold passport card through Hyatt. You get free wifi in your room and late checkout.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sumi9
While we appreciate your thorough and insightful review, we are disappointed to learn of the many inconveniences that you encountered throughout your time with us. The condition that you've described your room to be in is unacceptable and for that, we apologize. Please know that the head of our housekeeping department has already been notified regarding these concerns. We are saddened and disappointed to know that your stay was not reflective of our usual high standards. We hope we'll someday have another opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with the exceptional experience you deserve as a valued guest.
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have been negligent to write. This is my third stay at Hyatt and finally I remember to update to trip advisor. On the other hand, 3 stays shows that I like it already I guess.

I like everything about this Hyatt, the layout, the large, open lobby and first floor which is stylish and not ostentatious, great breakfast buffet, coffee/deli on first floor, pool and cardio equipment, large rooms, huge, soft, wonderful beds, reliable wifi, lots of parking so I am not robbed by valet parking, across the street from Woodfield mall, etc. The Hyatt is just a good place!

Best: Charming, smiling Desi at the front desk

Only complaint: tiny bathrooms where it is hard to slip past the door and close it.

I warmly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank Keith S
kbrophy, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
It has always been a pleasure to welcome you to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We are truly grateful for your loyalty in our hotel and are delighted that you've reached out and shared your positive thoughts and impressions with us! It is rewarding to know that you are happy with so many aspects of our property. On behalf of our staff, thank you for your complimentary comments and we hope we can continue to welcome you in the future.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I came here for a wedding receptoin. The food and the service were dissapointing. We had put down for beef, but when they got to our table, they had ran out. I was pregnant at the time and had a strong aversion to chicken. They said they would see what they could do...didn't come back with options until the remaining guests were already done w. thier meals. We ended up finally getting something, it was edible..but nothing I would write home about. We left shortly after. I wouldnt recommend this place for anyone looking for a reception hall.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
It is regrettable to learn that your experience was not as positive as we would have wished it to be. We hope you'll accept our deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced at dinner. It is disappointing for us to know that we missed the opportunity to truly impress you with our usual high level of service. We are fully committed to guest satisfaction and appreciate you letting us know of your concerns. You will be happy to know that since your visit in February we have a new Executive Chef. Our chef is very responsive to any guest requests or dietary needs and we hope you'll someday have the opportunity to visit with us again so we can provide you and your husband with the exceptional experience you both deserve. Thank you.