“No complaints ”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Rock Island
“No complaints ”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel exceeded my needs I really have no complaints it was beautiful from the lobby to the room parking is great as it was easy to find a parking spot for me. I facilitated the bar and have no complaints about that either. Check inn was hassle free. Theses aren't complaints theses are things that stuck out to me, I had a king size bed room and once I stepped into the room it was a very open space which was kind of odd to me, also the shower doesn't have a sliding door, and last but not least as I was laying on bed watching tv I noticed you can hear hallway noise a lot of other guest were going in and out of their rooms and they were loud it didn't bother me but just forewarning other than that everything else was excellent

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
We are delighted to know that we were able to exceed all expectations. Thank you for sharing your impressions of the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We hope any inconveniences that you experienced were minimal and we do truly appreciate that you took the time to share the certain areas of our hotel that may require our attention. Thank you for your thorough review of your stay and we hope you'll choose to visit with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Valence, France
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Walking distance to shopping mail. Hotel shuttle provide flexible shuttle services. Friendly staff. Excellent stay experience.
With the rate we pay, we get free wifi, free breakfast plus free shuttle pick up to and from office. Best deal !

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago! It's always nice to learn when our guests enjoy our amenities and services, especially our complimentary shuttle. We sincerely appreciate your warm remarks and hope you'll visit us again shortly for another shopping trip at the famous Woodfield Mall.
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend wedding.The hotel was clean, the room was quite comfortable, and the location was very convenient to the highway. The service at the restaurant was exceptional. Jose took care of me and my mother at breakfast on both mornings, and he was professional and very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
We were happy to accommodate you for the wedding celebrations. Thank you for letting us know about your exceptional dining experience in our Fresh 1800 Restaurant. We will certainly pass along your warm remarks to the specific staff member that you've mentioned. He will love to know just how much his efforts were appreciated! No matter the occasion, we hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This Hotel used to be great. There is a lack of management. Front desk Clerks are called Front Desk Supervisors. They fail to answer the phone at this property. So if you need to reserve a meeting room. no answers at the Hotel. Need a wake up call. No answer when you call the switchboard. You have to walk to the front desk.(No clerk at the front desk but at the coffee kiosk)
Management will not return calls or emails. Have a problem, The Front desk clerk will argue why they are right and you are wrong. This hotel has gone from the top (see my last review) to the worst example of Front Desk Service I have encountered since 1999.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank rd400
It is truly disappointing to learn that we did not live up to your expectations of our property. Your experience does not reflect the high standards of customer service that we aim to deliver and for that, we apologize. As a return guest, we are sorry to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. We will use your review in our discussions and training to improve our services. We hope you'll give us another chance to welcome you back.
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ok, far from world class in this price point. The room is basic with a grotty bathroom. No mini bar and bare bones super cheapo bathroom accessories (q tips or mouth wash?). TV selection is not great.

Check in was thorough in the extreme! Good to see. Restaurant service staff are great. Really friendly. I like talking to the cook, and he waited our table one night which was cool because it was a really slow night. Bar can get busy some nights, and sport in the tv.

The shuttle bus guys are great - they can accommodate most local requests. Major plus for this place.

Hotel location is out in the boonies so you are going to need to have business out here.

As I write this, I am sitting in the bar eating my boring hotel food. I guess it's not their fault, but few hotels try to impress or innovate any more. Good luck finding something else near by that's not deep fried or super sized.

Breakfast buffet is the usual horrid routine, but these guys are distinctly slack. I have eaten a lot of depressing hotel breakfasts lately...

Schaumburg is the twilight zone of bleak car parks, homogenised restaurants and business travel. I think a switched on, savvy and interesting hotel could do well here, if only they would look to their global counterparts for inspiration.

Please don't forget to give me a helpful vote if you liked this review.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank uncypeteable
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and honest remarks regarding your most recent visit with us at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We do truly regret if we fell below your expectations and appreciate that you've provided us with such a detailed and thorough review. We are continuously looking for new ways to improve our guest experience and your comments will certainly be taken into high consideration for the future. It is disappointing that our services did not reflect the high quality that you expected and we hope we'll someday have another opportunity to serve you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Clean and good design room concept.
Comfortable bed. Noisy A/C, far to subway. Good breakfast, good sleep. Close to shopping centers, kind staff. Good price... Very good stop over point...............................

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate that you've shared your comments and concerns with us following your recent one-night business trip at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We do regret to learn that you experienced noise disruptions and wish we had the opportunity to address this at the time of your visit. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll think of us again the next time you are in town for business.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend hobby competition. The hotel was clean, the room was quite comfortable, and the location was very convenient to the highway. The restaurant and bar were pricey as all hotel restaurants are. However, the service at the restaurant was exceptional. Jose took care of my dinner both nights, and he was professional and very friendly. My only concern about my stay was that it was late afternoon before housekeeping reached my room for cleaning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago for your weekend visit. It was a true pleasure to comfortably accommodate you during the competition and we appreciate that you've reached out and shared your impressions with us. On behalf of our housekeeping department, I'd like to extend my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We are always grateful for guest feedback, positive or otherwise, and look forward to sharing your wonderful remarks regarding our restaurant staff with the appropriate members of our team. We are delighted that you enjoyed an exceptional dining experience at our Fresh 1800 Restaurant and hope you'll think of us again.