“My recommendations for hotel and personnel- waiter Jose”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a great hotel. They serve fantastic food. It is very clean and welcoming. I'm very satisfied with the service. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. We go to many hotels and this one is by far the best. Out of all the waiters that served that weekend (November 15-17, 2013), we were lucky and had Jose as our waiter. He took his job seriously and had a positive attitude that showed that he looked forward to serving us unlike at other hotels where all the employees had a neutral attitude towards their job. When you are looking for a hotel in the Chicago area, I highly recommend Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg. If you want to eat a meal, ask for Jose.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3109.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Your glowing review is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to mention our friendly and attentive service at Fresh 1800. We will certainly pass along your kind remarks to the specific staff member that you've mentioned so he knows just how much his efforts were appreciated. It was a pleasure to accommodate you for the weekend and we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again soon at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Regular guest at Hyatt Hotels, where ever I travel to. The accomodations are well suited to help you relax and enjoy your stay away from home. Food is good, well prepared, well presented. Linda and the rest of the Bar staff are very friendly and accomodating. I had the pleaseure of speaking with Andrew Toasiewicz with a minor issue he resolved immediately. Overall a great place to call home away from home.

Room Tip: Lower floors allow access to courtyard for fresh air. (Other rooms do not have windows that open...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

It is a pleasure to know that we have become your home away from home. As a loyal guest of Hyatt, we greatly appreciate that you chose the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago during your visit to our area. Your very kind review is truly appreciated and we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit your home here in Schaumburg sometime soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 11/9 night. The hotel, the staff, and room were great. The only problem was that it was loud in the middle of the night, some drunk people getting back from a party. I wasn't going to mention anything as I didn't think this was a hotel problem. At time of checkout when Theodora asked about our stay I did mention this problem. She was very emphathetic and asked if I called the front desk. I replied that I didn't. She explained that they have security that could have helped alleviate the situation. Good to know for the next time this happens. She was so helpful and kind. She also went out of her way and gave us coupons for free breakfast which was really nice. Jose, the manager of the restaurant was also very helpful. All in all a great hotel with the best staff!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the customer service that you received during your stay. We'd like to apologize once again for the noise disruptions that you encountered from other guests, as we do try our hardest to keep all noise levels to a minimum. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our front desk staff or management whenever a problem arises, as we always want to ensure the best possible experience. We hope you'll stay with us again soon at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very convenient hotel if your looking to do some shopping right across from the mall and IKEA. The building has a rather utilitarian look but the rooms are large and clean. I've stayed here a few times and have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

It is always a pleasure to welcome you to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. Thank you for your loyalty and glowing review. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located just minutes from the famous Woodfield Mall and IKEA. We hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service and we look forward to your next shopping trip!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was pleased with the room - had a handicapped room, and it was well situated for anyone in a wheelchair. Bar prices, like most Hyatts, were inflated. Conference food was fine - but not spectaucular. It is very close to MANY places to eat, so you won't have to paybhyatt food prices for all your meals.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Thank N. J. M

We're pleased that you found our property well suited for your travels and we do regret if the quality of food did not reflect our usual high standards. As you've mentioned there is an array of food options conveniently located nearby. Yet, we hope to have the opportunity to impress you with our menu at our Fresh 1800 Restaurant the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My single bed room was as pictured. Other then the mall right across the street, thats it. Seems far and in the middle of nowhere for me.

Nothing " wowed" me or madecthis a top hotel. Its very diverse herr, but in a great way. The staff are very sweet and friendly. All of them stop and speak to you with a smile!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your recent visit with us at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We regret that you didn't have the opportunity to explore more of our area. Located less than 30 minutes from Chicago and just minutes from many Schaumburg attractions, we find that our convenient location seems to be a highlight for many of our guests. If ever in the area, we hope you'll give us another chance to impress you. Our concierge is always happy to direct our guests to the best places to go to ensure a memorable visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel exceeded my needs I really have no complaints it was beautiful from the lobby to the room parking is great as it was easy to find a parking spot for me. I facilitated the bar and have no complaints about that either. Check inn was hassle free. Theses aren't complaints theses are things that stuck out to me, I had a king size bed room and once I stepped into the room it was a very open space which was kind of odd to me, also the shower doesn't have a sliding door, and last but not least as I was laying on bed watching tv I noticed you can hear hallway noise a lot of other guest were going in and out of their rooms and they were loud it didn't bother me but just forewarning other than that everything else was excellent

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

We are delighted to know that we were able to exceed all expectations. Thank you for sharing your impressions of the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We hope any inconveniences that you experienced were minimal and we do truly appreciate that you took the time to share the certain areas of our hotel that may require our attention. Thank you for your thorough review of your stay and we hope you'll choose to visit with us again in the near future.