“Great location, but some drawbacks..”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Standish, Maine
“Great location, but some drawbacks..”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at this property because the event I was attending was in the conference center downstairs, no need to get in my car in the freezing cold and the added advantage of being able to take advantage of the event's open bar without risk of a DUI. I was booked onto the club level, the 5th floor. Whatever advantages the club may have offered were missed by my as it is closed from Fri - Sun, and my event was a Friday night. The room is surprising in how actually basic it is, more like a bottom tier offering among major chains. My room had a king sized bed, and it was not until the evening when I retired for the night that I discovered that it had been made up with too small bedding. Cold feet or cold head and chest, the choice was mine. The room has a sitting area by the window that looks and would be quite comfy were it not for a fan that blows hot or cold air 24 X 7 The room thermostat could only control the temperature, but not the constant wind when seated. Next time we have an even at this hotel, I'll book myself at the Hyatt Place. It's about 500 feet across the parking lot. I'll trade a cold walk for a good night's sleep in more comfortable room anytime.

Room Tip: Choose one across the parking lot at the Hyatt Place.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We deeply regret to learn that you did not receive the best night's rest while with us and we wish we had the opportunity to address these concerns during your stay. We hope you'll accept our sincere apologies if you experienced any discomfort with our bedding. We have already notified the head of our housekeeping department regarding this oversight in service. Furthermore, we apologize if the temperature in your sitting area was not to your liking. Whether visiting with us for business or leisure, we strive to create a comfortable environment for our guests and it seems that we may have missed the mark on this occasion. The next time you visit our area we hope you'll consider giving us another try. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am writing this review after walking back from the front desk. I was going to rate this hotel exceptional, however this morning I went to the gym and questioned the continental breakfast advertised on the mobile site (see attached picture). The front desk attendant shrugged me off when I said the mobile site stated a continental breakfast and referred me to a 16.95 breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The gym equipment needs serviced terribly. I could forgive the equipment, but you really need to make sure you advertise your features accurately and apologize when there is a mistake.

• Stayed November 2013
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We greatly appreciate that you've taken the time to reach out to us regarding your most recent experience. We deeply regret if you encountered any frustrations or inconveniences while with us. We do offer a continental breakfast, which is based on availability, for $13.95. It seems that our American Breakfast Buffet was available at the time of your visit, which includes all of the Continental Buffet favorites as well as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and omelets made to order. We do sincerely apologize if our breakfast choices were not made clear or if our fitness center fell below expectations. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Regular guests at Hyatt properties across the country and now this one in our own backyard! We took our kids to the Hyatt for a special weekend to celebrate their good grades and had a wonderful experience. Amy at the front desk was welcoming and helpful. The pool was warm despite the icy weather and our suite was fabulous. The most memorable aspect of the weekend was breakfast at Fresh with Jose, our server. He definitely was the icing on the proverbial cake for a great weekend away providing top in class service. We will definitely be back, and we will be asking for Jose!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
As a loyal guest to the Hyatt brand, it was a pleasure to welcome you to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. Thank you for sharing your experience at our front desk, pool and Fresh 1800 Restaurant. We are delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed a memorable experience from beginning to end. As we pass along your kind remarks to our team, we look forward to welcoming you back.
DeKalb
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Jose was probably the nicest and most caring waiter I have ever met in my life. He made sure countless times that my family and I had everything we needed during all the meals, and he genuinely was happy to help us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind recognition of our staff member. He will be happy to know that his hard work does not go unnoticed. It is truly rewarding to know that you and your family had such an enjoyable experience in our Fresh 1800 Restaurant. Thank you for your glowing review and we hope to welcome you back soon to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a great hotel. They serve fantastic food. It is very clean and welcoming. I'm very satisfied with the service. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. We go to many hotels and this one is by far the best. Out of all the waiters that served that weekend (November 15-17, 2013), we were lucky and had Jose as our waiter. He took his job seriously and had a positive attitude that showed that he looked forward to serving us unlike at other hotels where all the employees had a neutral attitude towards their job. When you are looking for a hotel in the Chicago area, I highly recommend Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg. If you want to eat a meal, ask for Jose.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3109.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Your glowing review is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to mention our friendly and attentive service at Fresh 1800. We will certainly pass along your kind remarks to the specific staff member that you've mentioned so he knows just how much his efforts were appreciated. It was a pleasure to accommodate you for the weekend and we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again soon at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.
Centereach, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Regular guest at Hyatt Hotels, where ever I travel to. The accomodations are well suited to help you relax and enjoy your stay away from home. Food is good, well prepared, well presented. Linda and the rest of the Bar staff are very friendly and accomodating. I had the pleaseure of speaking with Andrew Toasiewicz with a minor issue he resolved immediately. Overall a great place to call home away from home.

Room Tip: Lower floors allow access to courtyard for fresh air. (Other rooms do not have windows that open...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
It is a pleasure to know that we have become your home away from home. As a loyal guest of Hyatt, we greatly appreciate that you chose the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago during your visit to our area. Your very kind review is truly appreciated and we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit your home here in Schaumburg sometime soon.
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 11/9 night. The hotel, the staff, and room were great. The only problem was that it was loud in the middle of the night, some drunk people getting back from a party. I wasn't going to mention anything as I didn't think this was a hotel problem. At time of checkout when Theodora asked about our stay I did mention this problem. She was very emphathetic and asked if I called the front desk. I replied that I didn't. She explained that they have security that could have helped alleviate the situation. Good to know for the next time this happens. She was so helpful and kind. She also went out of her way and gave us coupons for free breakfast which was really nice. Jose, the manager of the restaurant was also very helpful. All in all a great hotel with the best staff!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the customer service that you received during your stay. We'd like to apologize once again for the noise disruptions that you encountered from other guests, as we do try our hardest to keep all noise levels to a minimum. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our front desk staff or management whenever a problem arises, as we always want to ensure the best possible experience. We hope you'll stay with us again soon at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago.