“Nice Stay”

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg recently and found the hotel to be very clean and the staff was very friendly. There also was shuttle service to the Woodfield Mall. I was there for a conference and did not have to wait long on the elevators. There also is no charge to park at the Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that the level of service you received met your expectations. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt for a conference. The venue was very good - large enough to house all conference activities. Staff was attentive and routinely greeted me while walking in the halls, etc. Prices were reasonable at the bar and restaurant and the banquet meal was a wonderfully prepared steak. The hotel architecture leaves a bit to be desired, but the rooms are updated, clean, comfortable and well-appointed. I have stayed at this hotel before but this was the best stay there by far. It is within walking distance of a large mall, several shopping areas and restaurants. I would stay there again next time I am in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms have a view of the courtyards, lobby or outside. Rooms on the upper floors seem quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are glad that your recent business trip brought you to Schaumburg and our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, as we are delighted to know that the level of service that you received from our staff met your expectations. As you mentioned, we are located within walking distance to many shopping centers, restaurants and the famous Woodfield Mall. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting our Schaumburg area.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was at the Hyatt for five nights for a conference. The hotel is conveniently located to major highways, a mall, and plenty of places to eat. The modification of the trolley's route was very helpful!

Check-in was very easy, and the staff was friendly. The room was clean, but the bathroom was very small. So small, that you need to close the door to use the toilet. Throughout the week, the room was cleaned well every day. My room, however, was located across the hall from a service hallway - every time sometime went into the hallway, there was a lot of noise. While I could not hear noise from the neighboring room, the noise coming through the door because of the staff using that hallway was somewhat annoying.

I had the opportunity to use the concierge on two occasions. He was very pleasant and helpful, including finding me a toothbrush (which I had forgotten).

The hotel itself is confusing to navigate. Wi-Fi is free, and the connection was good.

I did not use the restaurant or the bar.

Overall, this is a convenient place to hold a conference, and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your impressions and guest perspective. We always want to provide exceptional service and comfortable accommodations to each and every one of our guests so we are grateful for your detailed review. It is disappointing to know that you encountered noise disruptions during your time with us and we would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconveniences. We wish we had the opportunity to address your concerns at the time of your stay, as our staff is always willing to relocate our guests whenever possible. We are glad that you plan to return to the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

La Juane Herring assisted me several times with printing and computer needs in the Regency Club. La Juane went out of his way to ensure that the printer was working properly and that I had everything I needed. He also assisted me with moving a large package to and from the conference area. The Club was always clean and stocked with a supply of beverages and snacks. La Juane always had a smile and sincere desire to help, his customer service and attention to the needs of guests ROCKS!
All the staff members were extremely nice and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the housekeeping staff on my floor were considerate and quiet. I travel a lot and stay at other hotel chains so I can honestly say that this hotel ranks among the top of my recommendations for the business traveler.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

What a wonderful review of our staff and services at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago! We are happy that our staff went above and beyond to assist you with your printing and computer needs. We will certainly pass along your kind words of praise. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your glowing review and we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was looking for a place for a respite stay and the Hyatt Schaumburg exceeded my expectations! My room was more than comfortable, even came with a mini refrigerator. My view was a mixture of landscape and concrete (the parking lot), I'm not complaining as it was nice and quiet.

Jose and the crew in Fresh 1800 (the hotel restaurant) were more than accommodating...and the breakfast buffet- good food, nice selection.

Thank you Briana (the front desk clerk) for putting it all in motion. I will definitely be a repeat customer!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quiet room, ask for one in the back, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

We are delighted that we have gained your loyalty. Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to exceed all expectations! Our staff is committed to ensuring that our guests' stay is memorable in every way and we truly appreciate your kind acknowledgement of their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our room was spacious and clean. I liked that our window looked out into the lobby area, instead of outside. The pool area was awesome, and a great fitness room. The only drawback is there was no mini fridge. Our room only had a shower, so I asked the front desk if we could be moved since I am a bath person, and she immediately accommodated the request. Very friendly, helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a bathtub if you want one, otherwise you may get just a walk in sho...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies that your initial room did not quite meet your expectations. We are glad that our staff could quickly relocate you to another room to ensure the best possible experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I routinely stay in Schaumberg for work and have had multiple stays at the Hyatt Regency. The hotel is great, rooms are spacious and clean, and the food is very good. The reason I keep returning is because of the great staff. Linda, Dan, and Bob are fantastic bartenders who are very personable. The breakfast buffet is also very good. Jose and the rest of the breakfast staff move nonstop making sure you get everything you need so you can begin your day. I recommend the Hyatt Regency to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Schaumberg. The location is fantastic it is extremely close to all the great restaurants and the Busse Forest Nature Preserve for those that like the outdoors. Even without a car Dante will drive you to just about any place you need to go around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are very pleased to learn that we can continue to impress you with the amenities and services that we offer at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago. We are very grateful that you've taken the time to share your warm remarks regarding our friendly and attentive staff. Our team will be happy to read your kind words of appreciation. It is always a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and we hope you will continue to stay with us in the future.