Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Checked in for 6 month stay room was dirty and very run down(broken Formica/ burns in rugs) the rate made it worth cleaning it myself to make it usable. That is it did until they raised my rate by 1/3 after 6 weeks at the new rate it was definitely not up to standards. Would not stay here in future.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank nothappy035

Reviewed 14 March 2011

The room was very clean and spacious for the price. I didn't know that internet was not free, so they offered me free internet for the period of my stay. The only thing was that the trash cans were full on the stairways.
All in all, great stay for the price!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M0nica25
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I usually have a good experience with such economy / extended stay brands, esp in such a nice location as Schaumburg, IL. This room was rock bottom price online, because of the area I accepted it. The upkeep was very dissappointing. Cleaning wouldnt really help, however, the cleaning was also poor. The dishes were clearly dirty, and the microwave hadnt been cleaned in months. The place needs serious upkeep. I only needed the room for 7 hours, if I had my wife with me, I wouldnt have stayed. Since It was just me, very late, and less than $50.00, I just slept on the one sheet, and took a quick shower rinse in the morning. Its borderline... its not horrible, just sort of sucks :) With some BASIC cleaning and upkeep, they could easily charge 100.00/nte. btw, did you see the HOLES in the shower curtain. really, people?!?

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank JAluvsTrips
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Just like home, I think this and the Extended Stay are owned by the same company. The room had a kitchenette. The TV was no flat screen, but for the price it was descent. I book ocasionally through hotwire for work, and i get a lot of the random properties. Front desk was helpful and I like having the pantry (good for items on the go). Room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank JTellers
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I enjoyed the hotel and the employees within the hotel. I was treated very graciously and would welcome the opportunity to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Got what I know consider a good value at $32/night .. one queen bed with kitchen. Appears to be part of the Extended Stay chain .. a great location just off Roselle Rd in the Schaumburg area. Very easy to locate. Guest host when we checked in on Friday (July 4) was very friendly and helpful .. other guest hosts were friendly as well. We had stayed at Extended Stay Hotels in the past so we sorta knew what to expect .. also read the reviews on this one so we were prepared. Be sure to bring or buy a couple pillows if you dont like flat pillows .. and there are limited plates cups as well. There is no houskeeping service if only staying a few days (we stayed two nights) but no problem exchanging for clean towels. Everything was acceptable and appeared clean.
Breakfast at Richard Walker's closeby ( on Roselle Rd) is definitely the place to go for breakfast and not far at all from the Woodfield Mall if you are interested .. just drive down Golf Road which is a block or so away off of Roselle. Metra Station is easy to find and not too far away (about 15 min or so) .. best way to go downtown .. leave the car at the train station ..very safe area.
Stay at Homestead also includes pass to Bally's Fitness which is over by the Woodfield Mall area. Would definitely go for this deal again. Hotwire 2 star selection.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 February 2007

On a trip from Pennsylvania to Minnesota, I booked one night at the Homestead Studio Suites Hotel in Schaumburg (in the western suburbs in Chicago) one day in advance through Priceline for $40 (plus taxes). I arrived late and left relatively early, so I didn't have much chance to get acquainted with this hotel. I'll just share a few quick observations.

The kitchen, with full-sized fridge, would have been most helpful for a long-term stay. The bed was moderately comfortable. The heating and cooling system included a very modern digital thermostat. The parking was free. The front desk attendants were friendly and helpful. And the hotel was a few hundred yards from I-90, which was extremely convenient for travel.

On the down side, the TV had a slightly blurry cable connection. And the late night check-in was rather slow.

I was not overly impressed with the place, but it was fully functional and served my needs. I would happily recommend it for travelers.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank clo110
Travellers also viewed these Schaumburg hotels
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Comfort Suites Schaumburg
#19 of 29 in Schaumburg
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center

Address: 51 East State Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173-5336 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Region: United States > Illinois > Schaumburg
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Price Range: £49 - £64 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.