“Clean, comfortable, no frills”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean, comfortable, no frills”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This chain is perfect for an overnighter for one person. The entry and small lobby was immaculate. The service was quick and hasslefree. Grab and go breakfast consists of granola bars, fruit, coffee. Kitchenette was great. Refrigerator, small stovetop and microwave make it easy to reheat doggie bags, frozen meals. A basket of toiletries and microwave popcorn was offered at check-in. Nice touch. Full-size bed. A couple or family might ask for a larger suite.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank beth828
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Beth - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you took full advantage of our in-room kitchens and found them to be helpful during your travels. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
US location
Reviewed 11 July 2013

1) The telephone in the room assigned wasn't working. I brought this to the front desk attendant and he took note of it. He said he was going to have it fixed, but it wasn't done during my duration of stay. For checkout, I had to call the hotel's 1800 number from my cellphone to reach the front desk.
2) I requested for an extra blanket so I can use it on the pull-a-bed sofa. I was told extra blankets aren't available.
3) One of the fleece blankets on the main bed was torn. It didn't affect my comfort, but I didn't pay $95 a night to stay under torn blankets
4) I rented two rooms. One room had a broken shower head. The staff said they were going to change it in 10 minutes, but it took them a day and a half to replace the shower head. My parents stayed in that room and they showered in my room because of the shower head problem
5) There were at least three of us in the group of six that had allergy issues staying in the room. Thankfully, we were out of the room for most of the day during the stay. The rooms did not look like they were clean enough. Either that or the AC unit filter need to be replaced
6) I believe I paid for a double bed room on priceline. I do not know what went wrong in the process, but I was assigned a single bed room. I was asked to pay an extra $20 a night to stay in a deluxe room that had a king size bed and a pull-a-bed sofa. After an exhausting drive, I did not have the energy or patience to argue with the front desk person and I just went ahead and paid for the extra $20 a night for three nights. I felt the $$$ I paid was almost equivalent to a 4 star hotel price and the services I received wasn't any better than a 2-star. I wanted to have the comfort of a fridge and a microwave and the hotel provided me with it. However, it wasn't worth the trouble I went through for the duration of my stay. Sorry, I am not going to return to your hotel again.
7) I am not sure how much of this info will be helpful - the hotel does not have an eat in lounge or a restaurant where they offer their 'free breakfast'. It is basically a table with a number of bins with various carry on breakfast items - packaged muffins, granola bars, bananas, take a long coffee/tea bags. Please do not expect to have a continental style breakfast here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kvijaykiran
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that the two rooms you were given had multiple items which needed repair and that they were not clean enough. After discussing your comments with the team, we have drafted an action plan which will ensure we diligently work to improve our response time to customer complaints, especially when it comes to maintaining guest rooms as well as the overall condition of the property.

My staff and I are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at shb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

...Compared to the other hotels/motels me and my friend stayed at on our cross country trip. For the price I paid, two days in advance by the way, the place was a nice refresh. The kitchenette was the best feature. After a week of fast food dinners being able to cook was a releif for our stomacs. This area has every type of store and restaruantyou could iimagine! So if you find yourself in needs of anything it's right around the corner. Chicago is a few minutes down the road, now far at all. The only thing about this area is the toll roads. If you aren't used to them they are quite a pain. Make sure to have plenty of change and paper money. Though if you run out, just be sure to remember the toll booth number and go online to pay.
Be sure to have breakfast food in you kichenette fridge because when they say grab and go breakfast they really mean it! Granola bars and pre packaged muffins. If you want vaccinated coffee you'll have to get it at the store or just wait till the breakfast. The coffee they provide in room is decaf.
Overall this place was a wonderful find and stay!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank sototallysammi
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our kitchenettes and found them useful! As well, I am pleased to read that you liked our location and your clean room.

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed here for a week while attending a wedding. The price and location was great, only 5 min from family and close to several malls. The staff at the hotel are great. We ended up having to check in after 12 am and they were waiting for us. Because we had a kitchen we were able to buy some food and eat in room. Overall we had an awesome stay. We will definitely stay here the next time in Schaumburg.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Beverly - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that everything went as planned during your visit to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have stayed here before and was happy with everything, which is why i cam back. Now there is a new G.M named Janice, she is excellent, very hands on type of manager. Sherri is also excellent , shes been there for years and goes above and beyond any front desk person i've ever met before. In closing , i highly recommend to anybody to seriously consider thgis place when looking for a place to stay i\while visiting Schaumburg iLLINOIS

Anthony Lazzaro

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff, especially myself and Sherri. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful that you enjoyed your past stays and this one as well!

I hope that you will contact me directly, at jshanahan@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss anything in regards to your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Have been staying here in between residences. Newly remodled, and very quiet. Great location near public transportation, highway system, woodfield mall and entertainment. There are probably 100 restaraunts within 1 square mile of the extended stay schaumburg -from local hot dog or chicago pizza places, to high end 4 star restaraunts, and everything in between. Two thumbs UP!

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your gracious review of our Schaumburg hotel. Located in the heart of Schaumburg we agree we are a great location to various venues. We are glad you found the hotel and staff to your liking. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed here while in town visiting some friends. For the price, you can't beat this location. My room was very clean and extremely affordable. The staff was nothing short of professional and friendly. Even at 1am when I accidentally locked myself out of my room, they were extremely polite and courteous. Sherry and Gina went out of there way to help me and really made me feel at home.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review of the staff and accomodations in Schaumburg. To provide this, along with value is top priority for us. We are happy you found your stay rewarding.