“Pros and Cons”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Ohio
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in Schaumburg several times and chose this property because its ranked #1 on TripAdvisor, can't believe that one.

Pros- Room was clean and during the week they have free beer/ wine and food in the lobby. Location is in a quiet area and close to the mall etc. The work out room was also decent. Pool area looked nice but I did not use it.

Cons- I was kept awake while having to hear the person in the next room coughing all night. To be fair upon telling the front desk they offered to move us but it was to a different floor and we were all settled in. Besides I doubt the walls would be any more sound proof on a different floor. The bed was also really uncomfortable. Also this hotel is pet friendly, I was able to enjoy hearing a yippy dog in the next room until 7:00 pm nightly which I dealt with because I was not trying to sleep. If you should be traveling for business or would want to enjoy a nap this could be a big issue.

I have stayed at a hotel ranked well below this one that had quiet rooms and comfortable beds which I will go back to on my next trip.

I also booked a "package deal" online that made it seem like I was getting a hot buffet breakfast as part of this rate. This was the same complimentary breakfast anyone who paid the normal rate would get. So I don't recommend doing the package because the extra cost does not offset any benefit you will receive.

I travel about 25% out of the year and would not stay here again and would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank OhioGuy34
chism2152, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
OhioGuy34,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott - Chicago/Schaumburg during the Holiday Season. I understand that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. If at any time while you are with us, you encounter anything that makes your stay less enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact one of my associates who will be ready to care of you with world-class service. In addition, all of our packages come with more than the standard amenity of a delicious, full, hot complimentary breakfast. Please contact me so we can determine the additional items that came with your package and that I may be able to make it right. Thank you again for staying with us.

ri.chism.gm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
dallas, TX
Reviewed 28 December 2012

But felt that some of the staff was lacking in customer service skills. Room was well enough but found hair clumps on the floor and frayed carpet. Breakfast was good and stayed open later when more people came down.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Schaumburg. We take great pride in our service here at Marriott. I do apologize that that we were not able to demonstrate that while you were with us and please do not see it as indicative of the property. Please contact me the next time you come to the area and I will make sure to take care of you personally.

ri.chism.gm@marriott.com
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here for a week and was blown away by the customer service. The staff was more than happy to help me with anything I needed. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and there was new stuff available every day. The hotel is one block from the Woodfield mall, which is HUGE. It is also very close to an Ikea store. There are many places to eat within a two minute drive. The room was clean and nice. There's nothing I can think of to complain about.

Room Tip: I was able to get a Suite room for the same price as a studio room. The room was huge with two TVs
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
chism2152, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you very much for your warm comments and patronage. My Staff takes great pride in our hotel and our high level of service. It brings us joy to hear that you had a enjoyable experience. We were very happy to have you and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I can't say enough about the Residence Inn Marriott Schaumburg.This is my second stay. I stayed for 6 months. The first stay was 2011 for 5 months.
I found the management and the staff, extremely pleasant, and accommodating.
Most of the staff has been with the hotel for years. That should tell you something.
The Hotel is impeccably clean. The Breakfast is fantastic, so much to choose from.
The evening social hour is a great way to meet people and have a bite to eat.
The hotel is so convenient to everything. Woodfield mall shopping and fantastic restaurants.
It should be apparent, I highly recommend The Residence Inn Marriott Schaumburg, Jim Noone and Staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Sherry,

As always, it was a pleasure having you. It is a sad day for all of us when you leave. You are a part of the Residence Inn family and will forever have a home here with us. Your smile and presence has made an impact on all of us and you will certainly be missed.

Please stay in touch with us and let us know what you are up to.

Justin
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I'm always pleased when I stay at a Residence Inn, however, the STAFF at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg made me feel 'at home'. They were never too busy to answer questions or provide me with whatever I needed (directions/menus/etc). The hotel is very clean and quiet. I would recommend this location to anyone! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Booked Friday night for a short getaway (shopping, etc.) after checking the tripadvisor reviews. Great location next to IKEA, restaurants and other shopping. Extremely friendly front desk staff (Billie). She provided great advice about restaurants. The room was in good shape and clean. There was a little wear on some of the furniture, but not bad. The rooms next door were occupied but there was no issue with noise. The breakfast was comparable to others we have had.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here for our anniversary in Aug 2011. We actually had booked a different hotel in the area but checked out after the first night and moved into this hotel. It was the BEST move we could have ever made. From the moment we walked in, we were impressed. The staff was amazing and gave us a really nice and quiet room for our week stay in Schaumburg.

Room was really nice and well layed out. Really clean and they cleaned it really well every day as well. It always smelled so nice and fresh when we came back after they had cleaned it. Comfy bed, great space to spread out and enjoy our time there. The kitchen space was great and we used it alot, actually.

They had a meal on most night that we were there for free. We went down expecting just apps and stuff but were so surprised when there were actual full meals there. It was fantastic.

If we ever find ourselves in Schaumburg again, we will book this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple