“Great Front Desk Staff”

Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn, Schaumburg for two nights and I was impressed. The front desk employee (Billie) was extremely attentive and helpful with advice and guidance on things to do and places to go in the area. This young lady has a bright future ahead of her in the hospitality industry. My room on the fourth floor was clean and very comfortable. I do have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the beds were uncomfortable in that they were too firm. The overabundance of nice pillows was very good though. These rooms do come with kitchens so if someone on your floor is cooking something you do not like the smell of you should be prepared to accept that. One thing that I have never seen is they have a grocery list form that you can drop off at the front desk in the morning and they will deliver groceries to your room and charge it to your card on file. How fantastic is that!
If you plan to stay here for a lengthy time with your young family, this is a great place. The pool is good and there is a small basketball court. The motel has enough shopping around it to last you a year. I felt very safe here and will return to here whenever in Schaumburg.

Room Tip: Go to the fourth floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott B
chism2152, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Scott,

Thank you very much chossing the Residence Inn by Marriott. It was a pleasure hosting you for your time here in Schaumburg. We are all very proud of Billie and I will certainly pass on your warm compliments to her and the team. Please do not hesitate to contact Jim or I when you come back to the town.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have never slept in a more uncomfortable hotel room, and I travel a lot. Do not stay here if you have any back discomfort. My back was in so much pain it would wake me up during the night. It went stiff so that I was unable to turn during my sleep. I asked for a mattress pad for 3 nights. I was finally given something that was basically just a thin blanket, which they called a "mattress pad". I do not understand how no mattress pads were available and you actually get people to pay to sleep on that mattress. We stayed at a Marriott in Hawaii that also had an uncomfortable bed, but the hotel promptly brought up an actual mattress pad and set it on the bed for me and I was able to sleep much better.
The gym was decent.
The fireplace in the lobby and rooms are nice.
The staff is very very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nyclr

Thank you very much for your warm comments about our staff. Our associates take great pride in delivering Marriott's world-class service and I will be sure to pass on your feedback. I understand that you had a bed that was not what you were expecting and that our staff brought an item to you that did not add the comfort you desired. We have several mattress toppers that are available upon request that would have been able to accommodate your needs. I do apologize for the verbiage confusion and assure you that we will certainly take care of you in the future. We are also excited that we are set to receive Marriott's new pillow-top mattresses early this year. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott.

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in Schaumburg several times and chose this property because its ranked #1 on TripAdvisor, can't believe that one.

Pros- Room was clean and during the week they have free beer/ wine and food in the lobby. Location is in a quiet area and close to the mall etc. The work out room was also decent. Pool area looked nice but I did not use it.

Cons- I was kept awake while having to hear the person in the next room coughing all night. To be fair upon telling the front desk they offered to move us but it was to a different floor and we were all settled in. Besides I doubt the walls would be any more sound proof on a different floor. The bed was also really uncomfortable. Also this hotel is pet friendly, I was able to enjoy hearing a yippy dog in the next room until 7:00 pm nightly which I dealt with because I was not trying to sleep. If you should be traveling for business or would want to enjoy a nap this could be a big issue.

I have stayed at a hotel ranked well below this one that had quiet rooms and comfortable beds which I will go back to on my next trip.

I also booked a "package deal" online that made it seem like I was getting a hot buffet breakfast as part of this rate. This was the same complimentary breakfast anyone who paid the normal rate would get. So I don't recommend doing the package because the extra cost does not offset any benefit you will receive.

I travel about 25% out of the year and would not stay here again and would not recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank OhioGuy34

OhioGuy34,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott - Chicago/Schaumburg during the Holiday Season. I understand that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. If at any time while you are with us, you encounter anything that makes your stay less enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact one of my associates who will be ready to care of you with world-class service. In addition, all of our packages come with more than the standard amenity of a delicious, full, hot complimentary breakfast. Please contact me so we can determine the additional items that came with your package and that I may be able to make it right. Thank you again for staying with us.

ri.chism.gm@marriott.com

Reviewed 28 December 2012

But felt that some of the staff was lacking in customer service skills. Room was well enough but found hair clumps on the floor and frayed carpet. Breakfast was good and stayed open later when more people came down.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Schaumburg. We take great pride in our service here at Marriott. I do apologize that that we were not able to demonstrate that while you were with us and please do not see it as indicative of the property. Please contact me the next time you come to the area and I will make sure to take care of you personally.

ri.chism.gm@marriott.com

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here for a week and was blown away by the customer service. The staff was more than happy to help me with anything I needed. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and there was new stuff available every day. The hotel is one block from the Woodfield mall, which is HUGE. It is also very close to an Ikea store. There are many places to eat within a two minute drive. The room was clean and nice. There's nothing I can think of to complain about.

Room Tip: I was able to get a Suite room for the same price as a studio room. The room was huge with two TVs
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
chism2152, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you very much for your warm comments and patronage. My Staff takes great pride in our hotel and our high level of service. It brings us joy to hear that you had a enjoyable experience. We were very happy to have you and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I can't say enough about the Residence Inn Marriott Schaumburg.This is my second stay. I stayed for 6 months. The first stay was 2011 for 5 months.
I found the management and the staff, extremely pleasant, and accommodating.
Most of the staff has been with the hotel for years. That should tell you something.
The Hotel is impeccably clean. The Breakfast is fantastic, so much to choose from.
The evening social hour is a great way to meet people and have a bite to eat.
The hotel is so convenient to everything. Woodfield mall shopping and fantastic restaurants.
It should be apparent, I highly recommend The Residence Inn Marriott Schaumburg, Jim Noone and Staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Sherry,

As always, it was a pleasure having you. It is a sad day for all of us when you leave. You are a part of the Residence Inn family and will forever have a home here with us. Your smile and presence has made an impact on all of us and you will certainly be missed.

Please stay in touch with us and let us know what you are up to.

Justin

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I'm always pleased when I stay at a Residence Inn, however, the STAFF at Residence Inn Chicago Schaumburg made me feel 'at home'. They were never too busy to answer questions or provide me with whatever I needed (directions/menus/etc). The hotel is very clean and quiet. I would recommend this location to anyone! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business