“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2007

We stayed here for 4 nights... in a 2 bedroom suite... there were 4 adults and 2 kids with us on the trip....and we stayed there comfortably... plenty of room and very clean. So handy to have a kitchen and dishwasher... awesome.
The staff were nice and courteous... (one girl at the front desk was a little TOO FRIENDLY towards my husband.. but it's all good).
The pool area, bbq areas and basketball courts were very clean and well maintained. Close to the mall and ikea and a heap of eating places.
Would stay there again.. no doubt.
GREAT for families!!

• Liked — Cleanliness and space.
  • Disliked — lack of a business center.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Aazadeh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2007

Spent 6 nights here over the past week. Some were Marriott rewards nights, some were at the super AAA rate of $80.

The hotel is located adjaent to Woodfield Mall, next to Ikea and within short walking distance or driving of numerous restaurants and things to do.

Took the bus from the Rosemont CTA to the Mall. There is a trolley that stops at Ikea...short walk to the RI. They also will pick you up, or you can transfer buses to one that stops nearby.

The staff was very nice throughout the stay. Interestingly, I was going to move to the Renaissance for a couple nights but the staff there was VERY snobby and they do nothing to recognize taht you are a Platinum member. On weekends the Concierge lounge there is closed so they don't even let you get breakfast. Also, all the rooms are the same so you get nothing better. (Albeit, the Renaissance has, among other things, 42" Plasma TVs and a tv in the mirror in the bathroom...the place is gorgeous but if you aren't part of a big convention, they could give a hoot about you!)

Anyway, sorry to digress, back the the RI. The evening social hour featured beer and wine, along with a lite supper. I did get some food at the store (I walked, or took the trolley to the PACE bus station, and walked more....to Dominicks..nice store but I was disappointed in the meats...got a refund!)

Breakfast was standard RI fare....but they had no OJ for 3 days...the GM finally went and bought some. Also, the pastry selection was lacking. Other than that, there's enough to eat. OR for fun, you can go to IKEA and get eggs, meat, potatoes and I think toast for $2!

Parking is free....they do not currently have a business center and at the time my computer was broken. You can go across the parking lot to the SpringHill Suites and use their business center.

There is a pool which I did not use...and a laundry room (1.25 per load) which I did when the garbage disposal decided to attack! They quickly gave me change to wash my clothes and offered to change rooms, but since I really didn't need the disposal i opted to stay put.

There are lots of shops and restaurants nearbhy. Again, the trolley stops at IKEA and will take you to the mall, a couple other shopping centers or the PACE NW transit center so you can get about anyplace.

I tried a brewpub called Stonewood ale house. It's right around the corner from the trolley stop at the Transit center. They had a good happy hour....I think I had a Stonewood ale for $3.50 and all the appetizers are half price, except those with shrimp. Not bad...I think I spent $10.

The hotel is about 8-10 miles from O'Hare. The bus took maybe 45 minutes or so-not bad.

Overall this ws an above average RI and I would not hesitate to stay there again. The staff was very nice and the place ws in good shape. They have the new beds, but I was told they should be getting remodeled in the not too distant future.

The hotel was quiet....didn't hear noise from above, or nearby rooms, and nothing was really in bad enough shape to make me not want to return.

All in all, you should be pleased with your stay here.

• Liked — Great staff, good location, lots to do
  • Disliked — Breakfast lacked variety, no business center (yet(
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cruisermeg
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2005

Thoroughly enjoyed a one-night stay at the Residence Inn, Schaumburg! Our Studio Suite was very spacious for a family with two small children-- one queen bed, plus a sofabed, and a very large kitchen made for an enjoyable stay with room to spread out. Great location right next door to IKEA and close proximity to Woodfield shopping.

The kitchen contained tableware for guests to use, and even had a dishwasher. We were impressed to see the schedule for the managers' "dinners" posted for guests on weekdays, but alas we were there for a Saturday night and were unable to experience it for ourselves.

The pool area was quite large for this size of hotel and had plenty of towels available.

The breakfast bar had both hot and cold items and was re-stocked promptly as items ran low.

We will definitely look into staying here again the next time we are in town. Our rate of $72 was a bargain for the size of our suite and the amenities at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2005

My husband and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Schaumburg to meet up with relatives (we are from out of town), do some early Christmas shopping, and use some Marriott rewards points. I have stayed at this hotel before on business but not for pleasure. As always, the hotel is very clean, well run, and spacious. We had a studio suite for two nights that were free because we were traveling with Marriott rewards. The only item that caused a bit of confusion was when we checked in, and I verified that the front desk clerk had the reservation correct (in that the two nights were free because we used Marriott points). He took a bit longer than usual to check us in, including taking a photocopy of my email printout for his records. While this posed no problems for us, it is somewhat disturbing that their computer system doesn't work better. I have had this same issue with other Marriot Rewards stays in the past, so I expected the longer check in. I did feel bad for the couple that was behind me in line, but all in all, it worked out fine.

In addition to the clean room and fantastic maid service, the breakfast is a welcome addition. It is a "hot" breakfast that includes scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, and waffles in addition to assorted fruit, yogurt, breads, and cereal. While it isn't a five star eatery, the warm food is appreciated this time of year.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank Indyuser
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2005

My wife and I stayed here for a full week's vacation in August, 2005. Overall, the basics meet or exceed expectations for the experienced traveller. The rooms were clean and comfortable, maid service was regular and predictable, and the location near the Woodfield Mall is very convenient.

The hotel parking lot is small, and fills up early in the day - so late arrivals end up parking in the structure next door. It's within walking distance of the hotel's lobby, but very inconvenient if you're carrying luggage or groceries.

The floor plan for the 1-BR studio has the bathroom sink and vanity in an open area, fully exposed to the queen-sized bed. Okay for the solo traveller, but inconvenient for couples.

The hotel's staff was courteous, but obviously untrained and unprepared when it came to doing anything beyond the basics. One of us became ill during our stay, and needed to go to an urgent care center. Being unfamiliar with the area, we inquired with the front desk staff.

They were clueless. When we called the desk from our room requesting directions to a medical facility, they seemed confused and disoriented. We were placed on hold for five full minutes. What little information the desk staff eventually gave us was both vague and inaccurate. It was troubling and disappointing.

I'd recommend this hotel for the size of the room, value, and amenities. However, don't expect much from the desk staff.

• Stayed August 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2003

I stayed here with my family in a two room suite for the weekend. It was great. Located just blocks from the Woodfield Mall and next door to IKEA. The room was nice. Two bedrooms, a living room and full kitchen. There was a TV in each bedroom and the living room and also a gas fireplace in the living room. Two bathrooms. Very clean. Spacious. Breakfast in the morning is better than the average continental breakfast. Eggs, french toast, and make your own waffles were available as well as the typical cold stuff (grapefruit, cereal, muffins).Nice whirlpool and pool is large enough to swim laps.I stayed here for pleasure but it would be a great place for business too.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member