SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$186
US$170
US$114
US$105
Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$160
US$147
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskwoodfield mallkitchenette arearoom layoutfree breakfastoatmealindoor pool and hot tubbathroom sinkstay there againsafe areathe air conditioningwaffle makernice roomnice breakfastconvention centerhyatt placerestaurants and shopping
Reviewed 7 July 2014

On Thursday, July 03, 2014, my husband and I checked into the Springhill Suites in Schaumburg, IL. Being a Marriott Rewards member, this was the first time we stayed at a Springhill Suites. Upon parking and entering the hotel lobby, we observed that it was pretty standard, (but attractive), for a 3-4 star property by Marriott. However, we were able to determine that this would be a property that we would frequent again and refer to for a family reunion stay. The service was good, and the rooms were nice - we had a King suite with a sofa sleeper, small kitchenette, microwave and refrigerator. The room also had a desk with a phone in the area where the sofa and kitchenette was. The hotel is perfectly located: Costco directly across the street, IKEA is down the road and in walking distance. Also, if you have the desire and in good physical shape, the Woodfield Mall and multiple restaurants are not very far away and can be accessed via foot or within a 3 to 10 minute driving distance. The only two drawbacks were the bath towels were a little hard and there were no potatoes (I am a vegetarian and when I do eat a full hot breakfast, it consists of eggs, potatoes and some type of bread/biscuit/waffle pancake) at breakfast. Otherwise, the breakfast was good, especially for the meat eaters (sausage). The hotel has a pool and workout room, but we did not utilize either as we never do when on vacation or staying out overnight. Overall, I do recommend this mid-scale Marriott property and will more than likely return for a stay. Sonja L. Marshall

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor with a view of one of the businesses nearly the property. It was ok and the air conditioning was not loud, so we appreciated that.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This property is in a great location with many restaurants and shops a short walk/drive away. It is an older property which may be why the a/c is the noisiest I have every experienced and I stay in hotels for business 30 weeks a year. I was hoping it was just my unit but after talking to other guests realized this wasn't the case. I was unable to sleep so finally had to turn it off and put up with being in a hot and humid room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for about a year. I love the Springhill Suites as the rooms have microwave and refrigerator. This one is not the latest generation of SHS but it is relatively new. The service is pretty good.

What I really dislike about this SHS is the poor quality supplies it has. Pillows are tiny - worse than other SHS and the lower end Fairfield Inn. Toilet paper is thin and rough. Facial tissues fall apart as you use them. I always have to get my own. Towels are thin and cheap. Being on the road a lot, I just can't put up with it anymore.

Noise is also a problem. Although there is a building between it and the I-90, you can certainly hear the cars - even if you face the other (Costco) side.

I am sure the hotel won't miss me - the hotel is full a lot. It is just such a shame that this hotel cuts so much corner on little things and makes it feel cheap.

Room Tip: Want a quiet room without noise from I-90? Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
SHSSchumburg, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I would like to apologize for your experience with us, we continue to work on improving the guest experience and your comments will be taken seriously.
All towels and pillows at the Springhill Suites are Marriott standard; we do have a consistent rotation to make sure that they are in good condition, please let us know if the items are not up to expectation during your stay and we will make sure to replace.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is close to the convention center, large mall and great restaurants-any kind or price range you could possibly want. The hotel rooms are a bit smaller than some Springhill Suites but perfectly adequate. The breakfast is good and the personnel very friendly and helpful. Also the bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SHSSchumburg, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Schaumburg/Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing the Springhill Suites Schaumburg, the hotel is conveniently near the Schaumburg Convention Center as well as many restaurants and Wood field Mall. I hope to see you again soon.

Thanks!
Mark

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were there for 1 day. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool. (Somewhat small.) The workout room is nice. There was a hot tub too next to the pool.
Rooms were nice and large. Free breakfast in the morning.
No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank your for staying with us for your overnight getaway. I am glad to see that you took advantage of our pool, hot tub, and complimentary breakfast.

Thanks!!