“Great, but becoming a victim of it's own success”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed one night while visiting a few local attractions on the weekend. We chose this hotel specifically because of its TripAdvisor rating, which is not unearned. The nightly happy hour is wonderful, the room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast was delicious. The only problem with our stay was battling crowds: no tables available at breakfast and long lines for food, with frequent running out of items like coffee and milk, and the pool - oh my goodness, the pool. If you're traveling with kids, as we were, of course you'll want to visit the pool - just don't count on being able to fit in there around 8 or 9 pm, the place was packed to the gills. It is probably a lot more pleasant to stay during the week, but it is just so popular a choice for weekenders that there will be crowds and lines.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank K C

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family had a weekend getaway at Country Inn and Suites Schaumburg this last weekend and it was fantastic. Check-in was quick and smooth with fresh popcorn and cookies waiting for us. Walking into the hotel was like walking into our den at home, complete with fireplace. Everything was clean and had a great "homey" feel. Our hotel room, and our bathroom were very big and clean. The breakfast and snack area were great - I liked how the room was like a kitchen and dining room instead of the regular hotel feel. The breakfast food was great, we especially liked ham and biscuits and gravy. The night snack was very tasty, especially the crackers and cheese dip. My kids were very happy that there were a lot of choices (food-wise) for them. It seemed like the pool was a little small, but we never felt crowded while swimming there. The hot tub was great, although it did seem to be a little on the hot side. We loved our visit here and will definitely return sometime in the future. If you like a hotel that doesn't really feel like a hotel, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family stayed here 4 nights while visiting family in Chicago and this hotel is one of the nicer in this chain that we have stayed in. The rooms were clean and the linens and bedding were very nice. My younger son enjoyed the indoor pool quite a bit. The breakfast was always good and they have cookies out all the time. They also have an "evening" reception with some food and drinks but we were always out so we missed it - but I've never seen that in a Country Inn. I saw them setting it up once and it looked great. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We are checking out today, checked in yesterday for one night
Rooms 109 and 107 were spacious for our 2 families
Excellent check in, excellent staff, literally waiting to please us, hard to find this in USA
Pool, hot tub, breakfast, all five stars
Can't wait to return for another stay
Thanks country inn

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The lobby of the hotel as well as the breakfast room have a warm familiar touch, not the usual cold style of many chain hotels.
Room is spacious with good internet connection and not too noisy heating.
Bathroom could be a bit bigger.
Breakfast (included in rate) is good quality and good choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I always like to stay at a hotel in this chain but this one is quite exceptional. For a very reasonable price I had an exceedingly comfortable, clean and well-equipped room and the breakfast was very good indeed. The inn is on a main road and there is some traffic noise but not enough for me to find it disturbing. The side of the inn farthest from the highway is probably quieter.
The staff were particularly helpful.
I could find only one thing to criticize; the pillows were the hardest I have ever come across.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the highway are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We just came back from a trip to Chicago for 2 days. This is my second time in this hotel and both visits were pleasant. Location is very close to shopping places, restaurants and Woodfield mall. Front desk staff are friendly.Check in/out process is very smooth. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious and VERY CLEAN. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. It's also very quite despite being close to a major road. They serve coffee and cookies all the day which is very nice. Regarding breakfast, it's very traditional American breakfast and has almost everything one can look for. They always add fresh and hot items. I didn't try the pool so can't review this part. The only part I didn't like was the window Fan/AC which was slightly loud in my room. I would definitely come again to this place whenever I visit Chicago!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family