“Lost our buisness”

Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Was planning on having out of town guests stay here, had free breakfast, small kitchen in room, very nice and clean hotel. The front desk agents were very friendly and pleasant. Wasn't a huge fan of Tania, director of sales, who showed us around. Maybe we caught her at a bad time, it just seemed like she wanted to go home and she was rushing us. She also said she would email me and it's been over a month and nothing. So I guess getting our business wasn't a priority for them. We went to the hotel with full intention of making a reservation, but in the end Tania didn't seem like she wanted to get our reservation and all their rooms only have one bed so we decided to go with a different hotel. I find it odd that there are no rooms that have two double beds...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ballerinacakes
Megan T, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi Ballerinacakes,

I am sorry that no one was able to get back to you about your desired reservation. There seems to be a misunderstanding. When Tania tried to reach out to you, the emails bounced back. She also tried to call but was unable to reach you or even leave a voicemail because your voicemail box was full. We are sad that you didn’t actually get to experience the great service and comfort of our hotel and hope you enjoyed your guests enjoyed their stay in Schaumburg.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stay was mixed. Nice exterior and lobby. Room was average.The good? Nice evening reception with warm munchies and beer. Decent breakfast. The bad- Problem with hot water in shower, notified desk. Next morning same thing. Room wasn't the cleanest. Minor details,but when you have a major thing like no hot water, you start noticing other things too. Some things above average, some below. Nothing special and certainly not what I expect when I book at a Hyatt. Too many other good choices in the area to go back here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Toads64

Hi Ron S,

We are super bummed to hear about the hot water. I know I’d be pretty upset if I went anywhere and didn’t have access to hot water. We are very sorry. Turns out we were having an issue with our hot water heater that is now being fixed. I'm glad you enjoyed our reception and breakfast (good hotel breakfast is hard to come by!) I do hope that you will try us again in the future so that we can show you we do better than that!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have switched from being a Mariott loyal to a Hyatt customer. As a Travel Agent, my needs are simple. Clean, no hassle place to lay my head. I have recently gone through their training and I will tell you that the property surpasses what I expected. Great breakfast in the morning, customer service was everything I needed, and plenty of extra touches such as grocery shopping for me, ready in the fridge when I arrived. I'm a loyal customer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

TravelagentL,

Thanks so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again... next time you're here we'll have a full omelet station for you to enjoy!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with this hotel. Unusual, but certainly a great idea for hardwood floors in rooms instead of carpet. Certainly made it easier to keep clean. Pool and fitness area were also very well kept. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Stayed: February 2014
Megan T, Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

KyBuckeyes,

Thanks so much for your review! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Older facility with fake hardwood floors.
Pro: Cost lower than average to reflect older facility.

We were fine with our stay. Furniture in rooms shows the age and is not very stylish considering today's standards.

Facility clean to normal hotel standards.

I would stay again there.

Location convenient to restaurants and shopping. They also have a shuttle bus to help with shopping and restaurants etc, if you don't have a car or don't want to drive in strange city.

Room Tip: We were concerned of noise due to hardwood floors and had "corner" suite on upper floor. N...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AhtiI
Megan T, Manager at Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Ahtil,

Thanks for your review! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. You'll be happy to know that we are currently in the process of redoing our floors and getting a complete renovation. We hope that you'll stay here again in the future :)

Reviewed 31 December 2013

First off, let me say, I am a huge Hyatt fan. I love the Hyatt Place brand and hotels, Hyat Regency's are fantastic, and in general I have always liked the Hyatt Brand. I am a Platinum member with them.

This property in Schaumburg is a residence/efficiency type hotel, and in general first impressions are good. The entry way was clean, and the young woman who checked us in was morethan pleasant and outgoing. I could easily say that about all the staff I met at this property. Friendly, outgoing, service oriented, and always aiming to please - they are great.

Rates were very reasonable, and I pre-paid through the online system of Hyatt which is quite nice as they do offer discounts that way.

Now, the 'Not so Good!' Carpets on the main floor. Eww! Crusted with sticky food leftovers, and stained. It seems there was no good place to sit without being proximal to some thing sticky, hard, and gross on the carpet. Honestly, I believe they are due for a furniture refresh, and a carpet replace (not a cleaning). The elevator floors were clean, but again they were showing the wear and tear that you see in a lesser cared for property. The hallway carpets were worn and showed signs of lumps and wear. The hallway walls were poorly maintained. It's as though the original base paint was a flat off white, and now they were touching up with semi-gloss off-white. Every wall looked like patchwork off white.

The room appeared nice, and was nicely appointed. We got a room with a whirlpool which was of a nice size, and we looked forward to enjoying it. The kitchen area was clean and neat and fully equipped (good job). The work area was nice with a clean desk, an adjacent couch and ottoman, and a TV entertainment center. Why they have a DVD player that you manually have to plug in to the accessory plugs on the side of the TV is beyond me. They can do multimedia in a Hyatt Place - then they can make this a little less cheap in its appearance.

The carpet was worn - I've seen worse though.

The 'BAD' Rule for whirlpool suites! If you have a whirlpool tub with jets, then you MUST clean those jets. This tub was superficially clean, but the jets had clear signs of pinkish bacteria/tub scum on them. That is just plain gross. WHY?!

The bathroom was obviously older and needs updating. Sadly, and I don't know why, the door trim was screwed in to the base walls with Phillips head screws. They looked like a minimum wage job of handy-manning if I've ever seen one. Tub caulk and trims were worn and seperating from the walls.

The queen size bed could've been of better quality. It is not the same advertised Hyatt bed that you see in Hyatt place. It should be.

Breakfast is passable. Someone please find the maker of powdered scrambles eggs and blow up the factory. Hyatt place usually has a very good and consistent breakfast array - why not adopt that model for this brand? It would go a long way with customers I believe.

Overall was it totally bad? No! Is there a huge opportunity for refreshing and improving the quality of this property? Yes! Would I stay there again? I'm somewhere between maybe and probably.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank McQuality

McQuality,
We appreciate your review. I'm glad you found the service to be great! We are aware of the issues you stated in your review and we're beginning our hotel remodel this month! I hope that when you come back and stay again that you will be impressed with our improvements. We appreciate your business and hope you see you again!

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a very quiet location...the lobby is nice, but you can tell that it has been remodeled into a Hyatt because there are some details left over that don't fit with the more modern, clean lines I expect from Hyatt...also, the finishes in the room went from very nice to unfinished, or quickly put together looking..baseboards that don't match up with pieces missing, types of things...poor picture on the tv...the small details are not up to what I expect from Hyatt. The a.c. units were very loud...had to turn them off to sleep. If you expect a $65 room you will not be unhappy but don't expect more, it's more on the level of a Comfort Inn, which is fine as long as you know it going in. What I didn't like was not being able to eat breakfast because there is not enough seating...didn't expect as many families, thought it would be more of a businessman type hotel but I guess the low price attracts families on the weekend...both days there were at-least twice as many people as places to sit and people eating on couches and in the lobby...so we settled for just having coffee, tried three different times but it was crowded on the second day, the first day our third try we got a dirty table...people taking food to their rooms lead to the elevator floor being sticky and dirty...just didn't like the layout. The advice of putting the no housekeeping sign on the door helped a-lot because they do start cleaning rooms around 8 a.m. Everyone working here seemed very nice...our stay just wasn't as smooth as what I've come to expect from Hyatt and I think it was due to the small details either being overlooked or because they were forced into a space where they don't fit...having stayed in the Hyatt Regency and Hyatt Place multiple times, in Schaumburg...the Hyatt Place is the best, the Regency is inconsistent...the Hyatt House is basic and adequate.

• Stayed: December 2013