“Confortable and friendly, nearest at all.”

Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Lima, Lima, Peru
“Confortable and friendly, nearest at all.”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Was a really fantastic experience in our first time to visit Chicago. The hotel has comfortable areas, free breakfast, basketball court, friendly attention. We are from Perú and my wife and I visited Down Town. The Hotel have free Shuttle around 5 milles or 8 Km. They leave in train station Roselle. The hotel is near to supermarkets, bestbuy, cricket shop and Woodfield Mall. I'm pleasure to recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
RIDGELY
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I believe this used to be a Staybridge at one time. Staff was great. Actually had a 2 br 2 bath so LOTS of room. Freshly painted but furniture needed updating although nothing torn or dirty. They were doing major work on the outside..painting, new stairs, landscaping so it will really be nice when it's done but was still fine for this trip. Breakfasts were decent - some days better than others. Decent location and TV stations to choose. Good internet service. Would definitely consider another stay in the future but still would compare other suite hotels for pricing.

Room Tip: Having that 2nd bathroom was great..both baths nice nice :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJW2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Breakfast was good, but don't expect real eggs or any pork bacon or sausage. The shuttle is free for a 5 mile radius but may not always be available. Property is under construction so there are crewmen and tablesaws, boards and nails. Rooms have everything, but no flatscreens or oven, there is just a cooktop with all of the cookware and dishes you'll need. Location is perfect, we were able to walk to Woodfield Mall (huge) and AMC theatre, only about mile away. There is also a Whole Foods grocery store near theatre. My heart broke when I learned the hot tub spa had been cemeted over. I was a little put off at the fact that my room was in a secluded corner where there was considerable construction going on. I was told that that was the only 2 bedroom, 2 double king suite on the property. The construction crew did not disrupt my sleep but it was ugly to look at and I had a four year old who tripped on red hooks pertruding from the ground. There was no injury, but I was still dissappointed that the soil and mulch outside the door was all upheaved. I would have split my large family up into two rooms had I known this ahead of time. We were in room 2013 I believe. We did not want a smoking room either but I did not find that to be a problem.

Room Tip: Get a room near the pool if you plan to use it, you'll thank me later Lol. Anywhere else is a lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SoloStarSky
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. Everyday we strive to do our best as a team and make a guests' stay as enjoyable as we can. Please come back and visit us next year after we are fully renovated. Thank you again for staying with us.
Newmarket
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable, large suite. Comfortable beds. Great WiFi. Great breakfast. Good evening reception meal. Furniture is older, but renovations are in progress. I would definitely stay again. Good value for the money! Great location. Only a mile from Woodfield Mall.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is very roomy and comfortable for families. Each bedroom has a full bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I love this place. It was a dream place, the staff was awesome, we felt welcomed the minute we walked into the place. The breakfast was great. The pool looked great, but we didn't get a chance to get in.
We booked 7 days there, on our second day, or toilet broke.. we told the office within hours we had a brand new toilet.
Thanks to Sal!! we love you Sal!!

The room was very big and spacious. It was clean the beds was very comfy.

I would diffidently stay here again and will recommend to all my family and friends

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us and am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Chicagoland area.
Quincy, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at Sonesta for two nights for a weekend of certifications. My friend and I had no idea where anything was, especially since we are younger than most and extremely inexperienced travelers. The front desk staff took great care of us while answering all of our silly questions. Our rooms had a unique layout, were perfectly cleaned every morning, and must I say anymore about the amazing breakfast that gave us a perfectly nutritious and fulfilling meal for our "personal training certification day". We enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are great because it is set up where parking is right behind every building. Small tip t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope that when you are back in the Chicagoland area you will think of us.
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked this place as we have 3 kids that all 'need' their own space. 2 bedrooms, one with a king and one with 2 doubles and then the main room had a pull out couch (it also had a full size fridge and little kitchenette). Breakfast daily was good . . . The pool was nice (we didn't actually use it as we were too busy while we were there), the customer service at the front desk was amazing. They bent over backwards to fix a situation for me as well as gave us great advice about how to get to the CTA station so we could ride the train into Chicago. I'd gladly go back. The beds were like clouds, so soft and fell asleep easily every night.
Both bedrooms had its own bathroom as well and the bedroom with a King had a HUGE closet too. The pictures on the website are not what the hotel looks like in person, so don't be looking for that when you are trying to find your hotel.
The only downfall that I noticed was that they TV's were old school, would have been nice to see flat screens . . . they do have free Wi-Fi!

Room Tip: Huge rooms, they have NON-SMOKING too!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family