Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$137
US$126
US$146
US$135
Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$147
  • Pool
US$113
US$104
All reviewsliving roomfull kitchenseparate bedroomsmain buildingapartment complexbasketball courtwoodfield mallhoffman estatesking sizefree breakfastan extended stayhome away from homedowntown chicagonice breakfastcoffee makerother hotelsfrench toast
Reviewed 4 March 2014

From start to finish we enjoyed our stay here. We were here for a competition and also some shopping at the mall. Woodfield Mall is 5 mins away along with every restaurant you can imagine.
Great price for the room/suite and plenty of room for my family. The breakfasts were unexpectedly good, great selection. The sofa bed is terrible, but aren't they always that way?

Room Tip: It was winter so I don't have any room suggestions. We faced the pool on the first floor. Once in a while we heard people on the stairs outside and walkway above us.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Large and spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath suite.
Outdated but still okay for the price
Nice breakfast
Oh yeah and a blood stained mattress in the pull out sofa.
Would I stay here again? Sure....as long as I didn't have to sleep on the sofa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank innairis
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate you staying with us. I am excited to tell you that in approximately 1 month we will begin a total property renovation. All of our guestrooms and lobby areas will be completely redesigned. You will not recognize this hotel the next time you come to visit. So please, come back and visit and I can assure you that you will see a complete transformation from what you experienced in February.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The family and I had a staycation weekend for my daughter's birthday weekend. We were supposed to go to Mall of America but the Polar Vortex kept us in Illinois. We decided to do a weekend of Legoland, Gameworks and Woodfield Mall. I will first begin with the pros:

1. Check-in was quick and easy
2. Customer Service was courteous and professional. Thanks "Pita".
3.Value was a great sized suite for a nicely discounted price. We paid $115 a night for a 2bdr suite with pull out sofa that slept 8ppl
4. The option for full breakfast each day was nice.
5. The grounds, though snow covered, were spacious and scenic
6. The beds were comfortable!

This hotel has great potential until the potential is actually realized the cons will continue to negatively define the Sonesta Es Suites Schaumburg. Here are the cons:

1. This one can't be fixed, however, the location is not conveniently or closely located to Woodfield Mall or any of the restaurants in the vicinity. The hotel is tucked away in a residential area about 5 blocks from the mall action. A car is definitely needed.

2. The rooms were severely OUTDATED. Clearly the last upgrade sans the beds and bedding must have been done in 1984.

3. Large heavy tube tvs. Why they haven't invested in flat screens throughout escapes me since they aren't expensive to replace.

4. Another surface clean hotel. Dust and dirt in the corners, water stains, random hairs in the bathroom, carpet stains etc...existed. Deep cleaning is badly needed.

5. Apparently, when the hotel was purchased by a new owner they decided to do an exterior facelift and change the doors and outside railing etc..from turquoise to brown. Now the doors and surrounding railings and hardware are in need of replacing or repainting it is chipping and pealing everyone. The doors actually looked like they were falling apart, only to discover it was chipping paint. The chipped door paint follows you under foot into your room.

6. Damaged and breaking stairs. We stayed on the second floor. Climbing the stairs to our room had to be done cautiously.

7. Suspect and sketchy employees. Neither maintenance or housekeeping wore uniforms.

8. Housekeeping only dumped the trash and replaced towels. Good thing we are clean and neat naturally. The rooms could benefit from regular/daily housekeeping.

9. Sofabed mattress was thin, flimsy, old and had several questionable stains. Replacing the mattress is something they should consider.

10. The furniture in the rooms need to be replaced with NEW updated furniture. The current furniture looks to be USED hotel resale furnishings complete with bumbs, bruises and scratches.

11. Poor cable reception. The tube tvs fluctuated between clear and snowy

12. The rooms had an odor that smelled dank. This could have been because of the old used furnishing, carpets or curtains or a combination of all. This was helped with Alora room diffusers we purchased for our 2night stay.

In closing, this hotel has the potential to sink or swim. Right now they are floating until they have to do either. I hope this review and others will encourage them to be better.

Happy Stays!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sherry M

I really appreciate all of the honest feedback that you have given myself and my team. We strive to do better each and every time and this will definitely assist us in doing that. However, I am excited to state that beginning at the end of March, the hotel will be going under a complete renovation. So, when you come back to visit in the future, you will not see the same hotel that it is today. Thank you again and I hope that you will come back and visit us at the Sonesta ES Suites.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel located in the center of Schaumburg, and close to all major shopping areas and restaurants. It is also very quiet at night, because it is not right on the roads with major traffics. The location is the best I've got so far in Schaumburg.

The rooms are not average hotel rooms. They are spacious with full kitchen and living room. It really feels like home away from home. However, the kitchen appliance was seriously outdated. Also, the TV sets were very old. The bathroom faucet was a little loose, but no leaking (I think, it's just me, who always prefer shiny faucets). Hopefully, the renovation will take care of that.

Definitely a good place to return for my next shopping trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on higher floor, and loved it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Baby_PolarBear
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and I really appreciate the feedback you have provided. I am excited to tell you that we are currently in the process of getting ready for our hotel to be fully renovated. So when you come back and visit us later in the year, we will have a brand new hotel/product that will offer amenities that you will love.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed in a suite for one night in December with my parents-in-law. location was good and easy to find. The suite was perfect for us as it provided privacy for both couples. Beds were comfortable and kitchen/dining/living room served it's purpose. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family