Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
“No thanks!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We booked our room, and as luck would have it, a big windstorm blew through the chicagoland before we arrived. Our destination attraction was closed (Volo Auto Museum) so back to the hotel. We had to sit in our car cause there was no where to go, and they could not check us in til there was power. We booked a room large enough for us (2) and our 2 boys to also have a bed. (our infant in a pack and play crib) and ended up with a full size bed. I asked to be changed, cause its not what we booked. Told there was nothing else. Asked for a rollaway bed, nope. Asked what I should do for my 3 yr old and 8 yr old to sleep on? They told me "its not our problem".

later, we asked for spare blankets and pillows, said they would send them. Never did. I went down and got the blankets and pillows. I laid down with my pillow and by morning realized, it was a DIRTY pillw with the previous persons BLOOD on it. GROSS!!!

This is followed by a night of listening to every other room loud and no peace. Could hear conversations thru the wall.

I woke to a cold shower...no hot water.

Contacted corporate with this issue and NEVER heard a word from them!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The walls and floors/ceilings are paper thin so you hear EVERYTHING going on in the room next to and above you. If you need sleep while you're in town, DO NOT STAY HERE! The staff is also somewhat young and collectively comes across as indifferent.

Room Tip: The stove and fridge combo are handy if you're going to cook in between sleepless nights. But th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Carl P
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I read the reviews here and had my doubts about the staff, however they must have let some people go and brought on new people because for the low price of the rooms you figured it would be bare bones but I was treated great!. That is not the case rooms are what you expect for the price but it was cheep.

• Stayed November 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a few weeks while in the area visiting some colleagues and conducting some business and I found their accomodations to be exactly what I was looking for. The staff is very friendly and accomodating, and the pricing was extremely reasonable for the services offered. I will definitely be back when the occasion calls for it!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2010

It's an Extended Stay America, basic accomodations. Designed more for the long term guest. I paid 49 a night for a signature room. They said it was a complimentary upgrade. No fitness center on site, but you got a Bally's 5 minutes away. Internet was 5 bucks. Rooms service is extra unless you stay seven days or more. Frankly I hate housekeepers! I don't change my sheets at home everyday, so why would I care about that? Made sense! Cuts Costs. Great location I'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 January 2010

towels and soap are not included in the prices. no room service

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2008

I've been booking through Hotwire a lot lately and I have been pretty happy with the hotels.

I have been getting a large number of ESA properties this year (last year it seemed all I got were Holiday Inn Expresses).

This location was just OK. The site was good. Nearby to the mall and a lot of restaurants and shopping. Ate at Webers Grill, really good.

The room I got was a handicapped room. OK but a little offputting with all the handrails, etc. Room was clean, quiet. I didn't care for the overly bright parking lot lights, made me feel it was not a safe place at night.

But the staff was lousy. I paid $29 a night but should have paid $39 for the other ESA nearby. Friends stayed there and the staff was great. My clerk was rude, uncaring, and bored with her job. The morning clerk the same. The maid wasn't happy, and the guy cleaning the exterior was complaining to himself. They must have a lousy boss at this site.

Overall, the room good, the ;location great, the people bad spirited.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars