“spiders in the room”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
Amman, Jordan
“spiders in the room”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

we found two red spiders in the room, and the door of the room didnt lock, we are a family with a baby, we have two siders in our room, one in the room and one in the bathroom, also we room door didnt lock, we found that by mistake as after the third night we just wanted to double check if the door is locked after we went out, but ops with e small push from the outside and without the using the key anyone can open the door

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room was unclean and that the door did not secure properly. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleanliness procedures and our maintenance staff has repaired the door so it does not affect future guests.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at csh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Such a great hotel! It was freshly updated and renovated. Super clean rooms and well lit parking lot. I stayed for three months there, it was a very great experience. The staff was helpful and friendly, as well as it being in a safe and convienient location. Overall a reputable Extended Stay hotel. Cannot complain at all. It did not seem like some average, cheap hotel. I am a happy camper.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90. We are pleased you had a great experience during your three month stay. It is good to hear you found the rooms super clean and that you found it to be a safe and convenient location. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again at Extended Stay America!
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 August 2013

staff is welcoming and kind. the room is clean and big. the location is great as it is right next to the highway but couldn't hear any noise at our room.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff, cleanliness and location of the property. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Rooms are OK. Don't like having to replace towels and empting garbage. The breakfast was sparce, just a muffin or oatmeal and grain bars. Price was right. No pool or fitness center. Several eateries near by. I would stay again but only for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Ray - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that the grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a good room and location.

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed one night here before the July 4th holiday. Location is great, right off I-90. Room was generally clean and comfortable although some of the towels in the bathroom looked a little dingy. I found a great deal online, so the hotel was worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the location and property; however, we apologize that the towels were not up to standard. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to work with the staff to ensure they only use the towels that are of acceptable quality.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at csh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Eden, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This inn is located right off the interstate, so it is easy to find. We had a room on the side of the inn away from the interstate, so we were not bothered by any noise from that arena. There are many businesses and eateries within a few minutes drive from the inn. Rates were reasonable, room was clean, service was good as well. As with most of these inns, dishes and cooking utensils are minimal, so don't plan to cook anything extensive. If you need a place to stay for an extended time, this is a good place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Kay - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great location during your travels. As well, I truly appreciate you taking the time to highlight the different aspects you liked best about your stay with us and the area. We truly enjoyed having you visit with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Kansas
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights after the hotel I was staying at was going to raise my rates while my wife was in the hospital. I looked at the rooms a few days prior to checking in with Sam, the front desk person, who is very friendly and accommodating. The room I was first shown did have an odor to it, but the room appeared clean. I don't know that I would want to stay 10 days in this hotel, but I needed a reasonable priced placed to stay for a couple of nights and this fit my budget. I simply do not like spending $100 or more a night for a room.

I checked in on June 5th and got a ground floor room. The room was very clean and I loved the showers! However, the arm of the recliner was broken, which I did report to Sam when I checked out. He completed a maintenance request card for this to be taken care of in my presence. In my room, at the desk area, there was a plug in that would accommodate two plug ins so there would be a total of 4 outlets. One of the plug ins was missing and you could actually see the wires behind the cover. The outlet behind the night stand did not have a cover on it at all. And the top of the refrigerator needed to be wiped down with a wet cloth. The beds are very firm, but I slept well both nights. Like I said, the floor, counters, bathroom, kitchen area to include the inside of the refrigerator and microwave and bedding were all clean.

The first day, I could smell the cooking odors in the hall, that eventually found their way into my room. I don't know what they were cooking, but I wouldn't have eaten it! Those odors lasted all day and night in the hallway. The next morning, the hallway smelled fresh and no odors for the remainder of my stay.

My second night, there was a man and lady having a loud argument down the hall from my room. It only lasted about two minutes and I heard one of them leave and nothing more from them the rest of the night. In the evenings, you could hear people coming and going some, and you could hear some walking upstairs and bumping on the walls, but all was quiet by 10:30PM both nights. I did not use the laundry area, so I cannot report on that.

The Grad & Go Breakfast isn't much, but it's more than Extended Stay used to have, which was nothing. Some fresh fruit, packaged muffins, breakfast bars, coffee and I believe hot chocolate and maybe tea. I did see what appeared to be several business people leaving in the morning and returning in the evening. The hotel is in the area of an office park and is very quiet. My room was even on the side of I-90, but you really had to listen close to hear the traffic. When you stepped outside, you could even hear birds singing! Thank you Sam for helping me when I needed a reasonable priced place to stay for a couple nights until my wife was released from the hospital!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you found the outlets in the room not properly covered. Still, we are excited to know that we were able to have such a great experience with Sam. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.