“Staff much improved”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
“Staff much improved”
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I read the reviews here and had my doubts about the staff, however they must have let some people go and brought on new people because for the low price of the rooms you figured it would be bare bones but I was treated great!. That is not the case rooms are what you expect for the price but it was cheep.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a few weeks while in the area visiting some colleagues and conducting some business and I found their accomodations to be exactly what I was looking for. The staff is very friendly and accomodating, and the pricing was extremely reasonable for the services offered. I will definitely be back when the occasion calls for it!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2010

It's an Extended Stay America, basic accomodations. Designed more for the long term guest. I paid 49 a night for a signature room. They said it was a complimentary upgrade. No fitness center on site, but you got a Bally's 5 minutes away. Internet was 5 bucks. Rooms service is extra unless you stay seven days or more. Frankly I hate housekeepers! I don't change my sheets at home everyday, so why would I care about that? Made sense! Cuts Costs. Great location I'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 January 2010

towels and soap are not included in the prices. no room service

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2008

I've been booking through Hotwire a lot lately and I have been pretty happy with the hotels.

I have been getting a large number of ESA properties this year (last year it seemed all I got were Holiday Inn Expresses).

This location was just OK. The site was good. Nearby to the mall and a lot of restaurants and shopping. Ate at Webers Grill, really good.

The room I got was a handicapped room. OK but a little offputting with all the handrails, etc. Room was clean, quiet. I didn't care for the overly bright parking lot lights, made me feel it was not a safe place at night.

But the staff was lousy. I paid $29 a night but should have paid $39 for the other ESA nearby. Friends stayed there and the staff was great. My clerk was rude, uncaring, and bored with her job. The morning clerk the same. The maid wasn't happy, and the guy cleaning the exterior was complaining to himself. They must have a lousy boss at this site.

Overall, the room good, the ;location great, the people bad spirited.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Chicago IL
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I booked the hotel via Hotwire, My room even I requested and confirmed for non smoking, only to find in the room that it smelled badly with ashes all over in the room. The front desk put me on hold for 10 mins, and then change my room in half hour to a different room. The new room we freezing cold even though the temp was set at 88 digitally. I complained the room still cold after 45 mins but the manager told me to wait longer for the room to get warm. I called again after 2 hours that its freezing cold in the room. The Manager showed up, worked on the unit for 10 mins, then first he told me that I must have did something with the Unit to mess it up but when I showed him my hands almost turning different color cuz of cold in the room, he said he will change the room. At this point i was already in the hotel for more than 3 hours. At the 3rd room, the floor was not vacumed, only 1 towel, 1 soap in the bathroom and pillows flat. This time I complained again but didnt get anywhere then to live with it. One more thing is that walls were really thin as you can hear people walking on the room upstairs and the TV not only very small ( 19 ") but also set with a low volume which cannot be adjusted. Terrible stay for $55 dollars. The hotel is considered 2 Star from Hotwire, but had i known I ll rather spend 10 more towards a 3 star or booked through Priceline and probably paid less.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank esdayal
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 17 July 2007

Booked this hotel through Priceline for what seemed like an incredible price of $35. If we had to do it over we would have paid more and stayed elsewhere. The room appeared as though it had been stripped of many of the essentials...
No hangers, no coffee mugs, no wash cloths, no telephone book.
The pillows were as flat as the sheet .. when I asked for extra pillows I was told there were none available. Need to watch that toilet seat also .. nearly fell off because the hold down bolts were either worn out or loose. This was what I would call a semi-suite .. a kitchen area with refrig and microwave. And I didnt know there were still 19" televisions out there .. with no av jacks. We knew we were in trouble from the beginning .. the desk clerk charged my credit card even though the room was prepaid through Priceline .. it was corrected the next morning and I don't fault the desk clerk at check-in .. just poor training by management (she was new employee).
The hotel has a great location .. right off I-90 about a 10 minute drive to the Schaumburg Metra train station and close to Ikea and Woodfield mall .. tons of restaurants. Don't pay more than $35 and you may be satisfied.

Stayed July 2007