“Nice stay in Chicago Suburbs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham in Schaumburg, IL a number of years ago and were very much looking forward to staying there again on our week-long trip back to our home town. We had made the reservation at a wonderful rate and were looking forward to our vacation. Two days before we were to leave, however, I had emergency surgery and was hospitalized for eight days. In the days following my return home, I started to tie up loose ends. Upon seeing my online credit card statement, I realized that I had been charged for one night's lodging at the Wingate because I had not cancelled by the appropriate deadline (obviously the last thing on my mind at the time). The Wingate was completely within its right to charge for this, but I decided to call the hotel in the hopes that I could perhaps explain the situation and possibly, hopefully, talk to someone who could help. My husband and I are in our 70's and live on a very fixed income, so the money aspect of this situation was very, very important. I called the hotel and spoke to 'Christina', who could not have been nicer and more sympathetic. She understood completely and said she was going to do whatever she could to get the charge reversed. (I offered to send her copies of my hospital bills but she said that was totally not necessary.) She checked, put some information into her computer, and said to look for the credit in a few days. She said she was happy to help and hoped we would be able to make the trip as soon as my recovery was complete and that we would let the Wingate have the pleasure of our new booking at that time. Well, the full credit did come through in 5 days...and I can't thank Christina enough for her help. It is indeed heartening in this day and age to find her type of professionalism and kindness within a large organization. We look forward to re-planning our trip in the future...and we very much look forward to an upcoming stay at the Wingate in Schaumburg. Thank you, Christina...thank you, Wingate!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darrel S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
We were sorry to hear about your situation, but we are happy to hear you are doing better. When you decide to come to Schaumburg please give Christina a call, she is waiting for you.

Travellers also viewed these Schaumburg hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg
Radisson Hotel Schaumburg
#5 of 29 in Schaumburg
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center

Property: Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center
Address: 50 Remington Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173-3705
Region: United States > Illinois > Schaumburg
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#12 Business Hotel in Schaumburg
#16 Family Hotel in Schaumburg
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center 3*
The Schaumburg Wingate Inn is located near the Schaumburg Convention Center and Woodfield Shopping Center and approximately 20 miles from downtown Chicago and 15 miles from O'Hare International Airport. For on-site recreation, the hotel houses a fitness room and whirlpool. Every morning, a complimentary hot breakfast buffet is available from 6-9:30 am. The hotel also offers complimentary wired and wireless internet, ice/vending machines, 24-hour front desk, free parking, and laundry/valet services. All suites have air-conditioning, clock radios, coffeemakers, safes, microwaves, refrigerators, desks, and cable TV. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Schaumburg/ Hotel Schaumburg