“Excellent, execellent, excellent!!!”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Excellent, execellent, excellent!!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Wow... Talk about your home away from home, this place has to be it!!! First, they have a happy hour, get together event, where even the manager serves the guest, and it's free... How cool is that? Second, the rooms are huge, comfy, and quiet, talk about a good nights rest, you get it here. Third, although I haven't used their pool, but every time I come here, I just want to jump in, no matter the weather. Fourth, every thing is in walking distance, restaurants (3 or 4), stores (Target to get that bathing suit) and you get 10% off one of the restaurants if you use your key card... And Fifth, I'm a Diamond member here, and they haven't failed yet to recognize me as such, and offer room upgrades when they can. So, if you're looking for price, comfort, restaurants in walking distance, and the Best service in the area, look no further...

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are usually the best....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carlos C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 22 February 2014

First of all, realize this is a 2-star, maybe 3-star hotel at best. I'm pretty persnickety and skeptical of most hotels unless 4-star +. This one was notably nice and I will return to this hotel should I ever visit Schaumburg, IL, again. Granted, it is a newer hotel, so that always helps and we specifically requested to stay on the 3rd floor (top) so it would be quieter. The hotel also didn't appear to be too full, either. We stayed with our family of 4 and another family of 4 and we had the pool to ourselves almost every single time. HUGE kudos to the pool keeper here...as we have our own pool and I despise hotel pools because they are very rarely kept up appropriately. This pool was very acceptable. Not perfect, but WARM and not too dirty. The breakfast was also very acceptable and provided us great nourishment until lunchtime. NOTE: we pre-paid (no refund) so the $68/night was well worth it. I would not have liked to pay more for this level of hotel, but it was a very fair price in my eyes. Location of this hotel was prime...near everything your heart could desire: mall, movie theater, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: 3rd floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BLHondorp
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We made a last minute stay in Schaumburg two nights ago and (to my embarrassment), ended up booking at Comfort Suites by accident. We usually stay at more expensive hotels, and somehow I dialed the wrong number on the hotel list I was looking at. Anyhoo, I decided to check in and examine the room, figuring that I would probably end up cancelling and finding a new hotel. To my delight and surprise, the room was extremely clean and quite spacious. I never would've expected to get such a nice room for the low, low price we paid.

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel, the location (super close to Woodfield Mall), the clientele we found there (we were afraid we would find Wal-Mart escapees, but instead found middle to upper income folks like ourselves). Our room was SUPER quiet, and the breakfast was great. The best thing about the breakfast was that the eating area is roomy, and there was plenty of space for our large family. The hotel was pretty empty during our stay.

I can also attest to the helpfulness of the staff. Our battery died overnight and they had someone come out and give us a jump free of charge.

Room Tip: We found the 3rd floor to be very quiet. We were close to the end of the building.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PolyglotJetsetter
Wauseon, Ohio
Reviewed 28 November 2013

we took atrip with are 3 boys 3,4,5 are gran kids we have stayed at this hotel before and have a trip here in 2 weeks this hotel is one of the best we have stayed at in the area we got to the hotel late after the game we were meet with a smile and very up beat the service was one of the best we asked for a high floor and as quite as for the boys the pool was great for me and the grand kid they are like fish and spent 2 hr in it

Room Tip: any of the room are good
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank seminoles824
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Suites this summer as part of our family vacation. We spent a couple nights here. Check-in was easy and the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and we did not have any issues. The cleaning staff made an extra effort with us and our kids and had some of our stuffed animals and toys arranged humorously on the beds when we would return in the evenings. My children enjoyed the pool. For us it was the perfect distance from downtown Chicago, close enough to drive in and far enough away to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city too. The breakfast was your standard free breakfast, but we all enjoyed it. Should our travels find us in the Chicago area again for a few days, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Monique U
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The staff is top notch. The facility is decent. Our problems were minor to some but I expected more for a hotel of this price... Had it been cheap, they would have gotten 4 or 5 stars...

1) The water pressure was terrible - a shower took twice as long as normal. We were on the third floor... maybe that's the problem.
2) We were in a "deluxe" room - couldn't really tell what was deluxe about it.
3) The breakfast was... just so so. I think they have a problem with their waffle iron, the entire lobby was filled with smoke and no one could get waffles to work - they either burned like crazy in the left one or they stuck to the right one - no amount of spray would fix.

Room Tip: Don't get room 318 - deluxe room right across from the elevator. When people get ice at 5AM, you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott G
dstumbough, General Manager at Comfort Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We appreciate and value your suggestions and opinions. We are looking into the issues you reported and we are making every effort to correct them. I would like to thank you for bringing the issues to my attention. I'm not sure if we can repair the waffle makers or have them replaced, but we will correct the issue. I would also like to apologize for the noise by your room. If there is anything I can help you with in the future please contact me.
Indiana
Reviewed 2 November 2013

From the time we checked in until the time we left, we had nothing but praise for the Comfort
Suites at Schaumburg Illinois. Fiona and Stephanie were professional and efficient. They were also two of the most personable attendants we have met. We had a two bed suite which was immaculate and very comfortable. We didn't use the pool because of time but it, too, looked clean. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise--certainly an upgrade from what we usually experience at the Choice Hotels. We loved the location and will stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Indianatraveler44
Thank you for taking the time to write us. We really appreciate the kind words you said about us and our staff. Thank you very much.