“Irresponsible”

Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I would not stay there as my credit card information was stolen along with my daughters wedding party that stayed there also. Nothing was resolved in the case. Management team was rude and not helpful in this situation. I had to keep calling to get any information.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Terry R
dstumbough, General Manager at Comfort Suites Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Choice Hotels has over 3000 hotels that all work on a system with active security measures to prevent any credit card issues. We are very surprised by this issue and I would like it if you could make contact with me immediately so that we can investigate this issue.

Darrel Stumbough

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Family spring break trip, spent Friday night with a Saturday trip to Legoland(look for my other reviews). Friday or Saturday night stay was needed for the package. Pool was down but fixed right when we checked in, but it would have been worth it had it not been. 2 queen size beds and a pull out couch, fridge microwave and small sink in the room. Very friendly staff(Stephanie and Andy especially) and a very clean hotel. Very close to Woodfield Mall, Legoland and Chicago(within walking distance of a lot of things to do and The Tilted Kilt pub and eatery is right next door). Our stay package included admission for 5 to Legoland, 2 Legoland lanyards with cards, lego build kits and Meatheads restaurant giftcard(Meatheads is in the plaza with Legoland.My beautiful bride, myself and kids 15 13 and 9 really enjoyed our time there and will definitely be going back in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My company hosted a training class here a little over a week ago. From start to finish the management and staff of this operation treated us with the utmost professionalism and truly made our training experience a success. Our deepest thanks to Rina, the General Manager, and the ENTIRE staff for working so hard to accommodate our (at times difficult) needs. If you are looking for a top notch location to conduct a training you would be well served to consider this hotel for their prices,their product, but most importantly, their service. We will definitely be returning to the Comfort Suites-Schaumburg in the near future to conduct our next session.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is very nice, great location. We stayed for 2 nights and only had luke warm water everytime we showered, the sink had hot water(I let desk clerk know when we checked out).

Disappointing breakfast, I thought all Comfort Suites had a rotating breakfast and didn't serve the same egg and meat everyday. No bread for toast?

Will I stay here again...definitely! Just hoping that the breakfast is a little better and hot water in the shower.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank norajaner
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Wow... Talk about your home away from home, this place has to be it!!! First, they have a happy hour, get together event, where even the manager serves the guest, and it's free... How cool is that? Second, the rooms are huge, comfy, and quiet, talk about a good nights rest, you get it here. Third, although I haven't used their pool, but every time I come here, I just want to jump in, no matter the weather. Fourth, every thing is in walking distance, restaurants (3 or 4), stores (Target to get that bathing suit) and you get 10% off one of the restaurants if you use your key card... And Fifth, I'm a Diamond member here, and they haven't failed yet to recognize me as such, and offer room upgrades when they can. So, if you're looking for price, comfort, restaurants in walking distance, and the Best service in the area, look no further...

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are usually the best....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlos C
Reviewed 22 February 2014

First of all, realize this is a 2-star, maybe 3-star hotel at best. I'm pretty persnickety and skeptical of most hotels unless 4-star +. This one was notably nice and I will return to this hotel should I ever visit Schaumburg, IL, again. Granted, it is a newer hotel, so that always helps and we specifically requested to stay on the 3rd floor (top) so it would be quieter. The hotel also didn't appear to be too full, either. We stayed with our family of 4 and another family of 4 and we had the pool to ourselves almost every single time. HUGE kudos to the pool keeper here...as we have our own pool and I despise hotel pools because they are very rarely kept up appropriately. This pool was very acceptable. Not perfect, but WARM and not too dirty. The breakfast was also very acceptable and provided us great nourishment until lunchtime. NOTE: we pre-paid (no refund) so the $68/night was well worth it. I would not have liked to pay more for this level of hotel, but it was a very fair price in my eyes. Location of this hotel was prime...near everything your heart could desire: mall, movie theater, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: 3rd floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brenda H
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We made a last minute stay in Schaumburg two nights ago and (to my embarrassment), ended up booking at Comfort Suites by accident. We usually stay at more expensive hotels, and somehow I dialed the wrong number on the hotel list I was looking at. Anyhoo, I decided to check in and examine the room, figuring that I would probably end up cancelling and finding a new hotel. To my delight and surprise, the room was extremely clean and quite spacious. I never would've expected to get such a nice room for the low, low price we paid.

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel, the location (super close to Woodfield Mall), the clientele we found there (we were afraid we would find Wal-Mart escapees, but instead found middle to upper income folks like ourselves). Our room was SUPER quiet, and the breakfast was great. The best thing about the breakfast was that the eating area is roomy, and there was plenty of space for our large family. The hotel was pretty empty during our stay.

I can also attest to the helpfulness of the staff. Our battery died overnight and they had someone come out and give us a jump free of charge.

Room Tip: We found the 3rd floor to be very quiet. We were close to the end of the building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family