“Lego Discovery Center getaway”

Comfort Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Wisconsin Dells,
“Lego Discovery Center getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in order to visit family & take the kids to Lego Discovery Center before heading to out next destination. We got Lego pack which got kids two little Lego trains, lanyards that we would have gotten at Lego place but kids liked playing with them before, 4 admission to Lego center, large pizza and 2 liter delivered to the room. Plus breakfast in the morning is always our favorite because we can make our own waffles. Staff was friendly. Rooms and hallways were very clean. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were in Chicago for my youngest son's graduation get together with our friends.We stayed at this hotel on June 21 of this year and we were so disappointed. We stayed in a room with a bed and a sofa bed. When we opened the sofa bed, there were pieces of Cheetos, one of the sheet has at least an 18 inch tear on it and stain. To top it off there were rooms across from us where people where going in and out of their rooms which finally died down around midnight and started again at 4 am.

When we checked out, the front desk receptionist apologized and assured us that it's noted and that we'll be receiving some sort of a discount on our bill, but have not heard since. What a disappointment! We are definitely checking this place off of our stay list :(

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mavic A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I spent the night with my mom and daughter who has special needs.
I got the handicapped accessible room. It was nice with the wide doors and high tub with seat.

We had a wonderful stay. It was fairly convenient to the breakfast area too.

We had no problems at all!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Saint Charles, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice, like all Comfort Inns. We bought a Groupon for a $99 night...regular price up to $249. The room was slightly larger than a regular room, 2 queen beds and a fold out couch. One small tv. Did have a mini fridge and microwave (which a lot of less expensive hotels have) also a sink under the microwave (wet bar).
The pool was bad..it was approx. 10x10. The hot tub was nice. There were a lot of people in the pool area and towels were scarce.

We had a lot of trouble with our room keys and had to get new keys twice. Never had that problem with any other hotel.

Breakfast was a joke. Reheated egg patties and reheated sausage patties. Waffle station was decent. Also cereal and bagels muffins, etc.

Even though I bought this through Groupon I still had to pay taxes on the room..that's ok, I knew that. I wanted a receipt for the taxes and went to check out at the front desk. The man, manager I think, asked how everything was, I just said it was ok. He said what was wrong. I told him about the key issue and was going to leave it at that. He apologized and asked if there was anything else. I told him I thought it was a bit overpriced. Then he became defensive, body language changed, wouldn't look me in the eye and gruffly said "you'll have to take that up with Groupon" and that I was all set. I told him I still wanted a receipt for the taxes and he said "I was going to take that off and you don't get a receipt from us with groupons." I thanked him and left. I WAS NOT looking for a free room or anything comped. He asked and I told him. If he didn't want to know my honest opinion then he should not have asked. Don't just ask out of courtesy or because you have to. It seemed like I ruffled his feathers. He said that his regular rates for our night would have been $129, but I had checked and it was $119. So the $99 Groupon was not as big of a savings as they made it out to seem.

I guess my expectations were too high. I've learned my lesson to investigate "deals" before I book them.

The $69 comfort inn would have had the same quality for $30 less.

I will never stay at a Comfort Suites again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
dstumbough, General Manager at Comfort Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We do appreciate your feedback and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Here at the Comfort Suites we do strive to provide the best service we can and we will use your comments to better train the staff. The package you stayed on is one of our most popular package and I'm sorry that it did not turn out how you expected it.
Woodstock
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I would not stay there as my credit card information was stolen along with my daughters wedding party that stayed there also. Nothing was resolved in the case. Management team was rude and not helpful in this situation. I had to keep calling to get any information.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Terry R
dstumbough, General Manager at Comfort Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Choice Hotels has over 3000 hotels that all work on a system with active security measures to prevent any credit card issues. We are very surprised by this issue and I would like it if you could make contact with me immediately so that we can investigate this issue.

Darrel Stumbough
West Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Family spring break trip, spent Friday night with a Saturday trip to Legoland(look for my other reviews). Friday or Saturday night stay was needed for the package. Pool was down but fixed right when we checked in, but it would have been worth it had it not been. 2 queen size beds and a pull out couch, fridge microwave and small sink in the room. Very friendly staff(Stephanie and Andy especially) and a very clean hotel. Very close to Woodfield Mall, Legoland and Chicago(within walking distance of a lot of things to do and The Tilted Kilt pub and eatery is right next door). Our stay package included admission for 5 to Legoland, 2 Legoland lanyards with cards, lego build kits and Meatheads restaurant giftcard(Meatheads is in the plaza with Legoland.My beautiful bride, myself and kids 15 13 and 9 really enjoyed our time there and will definitely be going back in the future.

• Stayed April 2014
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My company hosted a training class here a little over a week ago. From start to finish the management and staff of this operation treated us with the utmost professionalism and truly made our training experience a success. Our deepest thanks to Rina, the General Manager, and the ENTIRE staff for working so hard to accommodate our (at times difficult) needs. If you are looking for a top notch location to conduct a training you would be well served to consider this hotel for their prices,their product, but most importantly, their service. We will definitely be returning to the Comfort Suites-Schaumburg in the near future to conduct our next session.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business