“Good alternative to downtown pizzerias” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 318 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomingdale, Illinois
“Good alternative to downtown pizzerias”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We wanted guests from the Southeast to experience Chicago-style food, and Malnati's in Schaumburg was a logical choice for Chicago-style deep-dish pizza without the hassle of driving downtown and the cost of parking. The food did not disappoint, but the atmosphere left much to be desired--hard, mismatched chairs in a stiffling hot 2nd story (in Sept.!); it was "tired and icky" from the menus to flooring to the restrooms. Only because the pizza was good and our server attentive would we consider returning. And, although we were a large party, the restaurant refused to take a reservation, and the wait for the more pleasant first floor "porch" area with windows was about 40 minutes longer than the 2nd floor--not worth it. The steep stairs were a problem for some of the senior citizens too.

Visited October 2013

• Greek first
Hampton, Georgia, United States
“Great taste of Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Schaumburg on business this week and was looking for a taste of authentic Chicago deep dish pizza. They did not disappoint. I had a Malnati's salad which was huge. The server warned me it was not individual in size and they were right! However it did provide something for me to eat while I waited for the pizza. The individual pizza was just the right size for one person. If I was in the area again, I would probably go back especially if I was with friends or family.

Visited October 2013
Springville,IN
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We started with wings and garlic bread, and both were excellent. The wings and sauce were better than what you get in most wing places! The pizza was delicious! We had the deep dish pizza and wow, was it good! The best thing though was the chocolate chip pizza dessert. The dessert was amazing!

• Visited October 2013
Decatur, Illinois
“Really? This is the number 3 restaurant in Schamburg?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

So I get an email from TripAdvisor and there's an image showing this restaurant as the number 3 restaurant in Schamburg. Well, I am flabbergasted. This restaurant beat Shaw's Crab House? Really??

I was here a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is that it was the most disgusting pizza I have ever had. The sauce tasted off and don't get me started on the sausage...it isn't cooked and crumbled sausage as on ANY OTHER PIZZA, it's a big partially cooked patty of sausage laid on top of the dough. GROSS. And the dough was nothing to rave about either. You won't get me in here again.

if you want a good Chicago pizza, go to Giordano's and give this train wreck chain a miss. You'll be a lot happier.

Visited September 2013
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Lou's Thick Pizza is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

There is nothing like Lou's thick (butter crust) pizza. This is the model for all thick crust pizza.

• Visited August 2013